10 - Slip Up

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Sam looked at his phone, at where he was currently having a conversation with Gabe. It was early morning for Sam which meant evening for Gabe. But Sam was thinking about what he'd realized during his call with Gabe from about a week ago.

Gabe liked someone. Sam fit the description.

Sam was usually good at assumptions for this sort of thing, but he always liked to be sure. Which meant he was going to try and get Gabe to outwardly say it, or at least something that confirmed it.

Sam called Gabe on Skype, and smiled as Gabe appeared on screen.

"Heya little moosey," Gabe said, waving goofily. "How are ya?"

"You say that like we weren't texting just moments ago," Sam said, chuckling.

"True true," Gabe said. "Hey shouldn't you have classes or something?"

"Nah, don't have anything in the morning today," Sam said. "Shouldn't you be working?"

"I make my own hours, it's great," Gabe said.

"So then what are you doing now?"

"Talking to you."

"Did you...stop working so you could talk to me?"

"Maybe," Gabe said with a wink. Sam blushed and looked away from the camera but he could hear Gabe laughing softly at him.

"Hey random question," Sam said. "How many people do you talk to on wattpad?"

"Well sometimes I get messages about my books," Gabe said. "But you're the only person I really talk to constantly. And off of wattpad."

Sam went quiet, staring at the screen. Because Gabe had said a week ago that he'd met the person he liked through wattpad, and had video called them. And if Sam was the only one he had...

"Sammy?" Gabe said, looking at the screen with confusion. "What's wrong?"

"I uh..." Sam couldn't form an actual sentence. He didn't know how to feel about this. Well...actually he felt happy, he felt very happy, but how in the world would this even work...

"Was it something I said?" Gabe asked.

"Kinda," Sam replied. "Just...think about what you just said, and what you told me a week ago."

Gabe gave him another confused look but went quiet for a few moments, thinking. And then his eyes went wide and he abruptly ended the call.

"Gabe wait!" Sam said but it was already too late. "Shit."

He immediately went and texting Gabe, asking if he was there, but Gabe didn't reply or even read the messages.

And he was halfway across the world, there was no way Sam could go and talk to him in person.

~~

"Cassie you gotta help me," Gabe said, barging into Cas's apartment.

"What is it this time?" Cas asked, not even looking up from where he was sitting on the couch on his laptop, talking to Dean.

"I messed up," Gabe said. "Shit I messed up."

"How?" Cas asked, looking up at Gabe who looked like a mess.

"Right well you know how we're friends with Dean and Sam?"

"I assume Sam is Dean's brother?"

"Yeah, Dean and Sam Winchester. Our friends in Australia."

"Okay...what about them?"

"Well this is mostly about Sam, I uh...I..." Gabe collapsed onto the couch next to Cas and put his head in his hands. "I may possibly just a bit like him."

"Okay," Cas said. "What's the problem there?"

"What, other than the fact that he's halfway across the world?" Gabe asked, rolling his eyes at Cas. "I may have just told him that."

"You idiot."

"It was an accident okay! I'd said the first time that it was someone I talked to over wattpad, and then after I'd forgotten I said that he asked who I talked to on wattpad..."

"I repeat. Idiot."

"You're not helping Cassie. What do I do?"

Cas sighed, then looked back at his screen. "Have you talked to Sam since you probably just stopped talking to him?"

"No, he's been texting me but he's said nothing about how he feels about this."

"I'll ask Dean to talk to him," Cas said, already typing out a message.

"Crap what...I guess so," Gabe said, sighing. "Okay fine. Tell me when he replies?" Cas nodded, not looking up from the screen.

~~

AngelWithAShotgun: "I have a small favour to ask of you Dean."

ChevyImpala67: "Sure Cas what is it?"

AngelWithAShotgun: "Our brothers are friends. Sam and Gabriel. You know about that?"

ChevyImpala67: "Kind of, yeah."

AngelWithAShotgun: "Well it would appear that Gabriel has developed feelings for Sam. And may have accidentally told Sam, and is now freaking out. He's not replying to Sam but wants to know how Sam has reacted to all this."

ChevyImpala67: "Well...I'll go talk to Sam, but tell Gabe that if he hurts Sammy I'll kill him."

AngelWithAShotgun: "He said he'd never willingly hurt Sam."

ChevyImpala67: "Okay. I'm going on a Sam hunt now, he should be around here somewhere."

Dean put his phone in his pocket and went looking for Sam in the house. He knew Sam didn't have classes that day. Technically Dean should've had work but the author forgot about that.

"Sammy?" Dean called, knocking on Sam's door.

"What?" Sam said back, and Dean let himself into the room.

Sam was sitting on the bed, his eyes looking slightly worried as he looked down at his phone. His hair was messy as if he'd been running his hands through it continuously, a nervous habit.

"Let's just cut all the crap here," Dean said. "You write fanfiction on a site and have a friend called Gabriel Novak, am I right?"

"Yes," Sam muttered. "You do too."

"Yeah, I'm friends with his brother Cas because of that," Dean said. "So, Cas was talking to me—"

"This isn't teasing about the fact that I write fanfiction?"

"No, this is about Gabriel."

"What about him is he okay he didn't do anything stupid did he?"

Dean blinked at Sam's sudden rushed words. "He's fine, he's at Cas's house. He was talking to Cas about what he said to you."

"Oh my god Dean he likes me like he actually likes me—"

"Yeah okay I got that. Look he's freaking out and wants to know how you're taking this."

"Dean I don't know I mean he..." Sam went quiet for a few seconds. "I don't know."

"Do you..." Dean sighed. "Ugh chick flick moments. Do you feel the same way?"

"I don't know."

Dean narrowed his eyes. "Good thing I know you well. You do like him. But you're letting the fact that he's halfway across the world get in the way of that."

Sam went quiet. "Well I mean...how would it work?"

"It'd be fine if we moved back to America."

"Yeah like we would."

"Dad has been trying to find a house."

"What?"

Dean smiled slightly. "I went onto Dad's computer, he's been looking into places back in America and all that stuff."

Sam's eyes went wide. "You mean we might be going back?"

Dean nodded. "Now, does that affect your decision here?"

Sam thought for a few seconds. "Yeah...tell Cas to tell Gabe to text me."

Dean nodded, and pulled out his phone, sending Cas a quick message. "Okay, are we done here?"

"Yes, you can escape the feelings talk now."

"Good," Dean said, standing and leaving the room.

Back in the room, Sam was looking down at his phone. A few seconds later it lit up with a message from Gabe.

TricksterGabe: "Heya little moosey"

Samchester: "Hey Gabe"

TricksterGabe: "Cas said Dean talked to you..."

Samchester: "I'm really sorry about my silence and stuttering in response to that"

Samchester: "Uh before I say anything else can you confirm my assumption here?"

TricksterGabe: "Fine. Sammy I like you. A little more than in a friend way."

Samchester: "Good coz the feelings mutual."

Samchester: "<3"

TricksterGabe: ":D:D:D:D:D <3"

~~

Oh my god I'm sorry that it's been so long since the last update, almost three weeks. And I'm sorry for what I'm about to say too.

My updates aren't going to be following the weekly schedule anymore. And probably not a schedule either. I'd say they'll be every two weeks? Maybe less and maybe more.

Not because I'm not okay like about a month ago when I was having trouble with updates. I just...I guess supernatural isn't quite taking up as much of my life as it used to.

Basically right now I'm kinda doing a few things that might get me places in life. Like I'm focusing a bit more on my novels, and a musical which actually might end up getting performed because all my friends are happy to help and act in it. But yeah I'm just spending more time on those sorts of things these days. And school. But currently I'm on holidays :P

Anyway. I won't keep giving excuses. I'm sorry about this guys.

I still have a Hamilton obsession :P And seriously I have read a lot of Laurens and Hamilton fics...

*gives everyone three weeks worth of pie since I made you wait*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro