23- Blue To The Rescue!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(2nd chapter published today)

Blue looked at the people underneath her nose, her eyes fell on the wounded Katie. "Just as Emerald told us... Katie is crucially wounded. I have no clue how you've kept her alive this long," she calmly said as she took a step forward and crouched. Her nose hovered over Katie's wound.  No one questioned who Emerald was.

Takashi had a protective urge to pull Katie away from the lion, but fought it. Blue lift her head, gaving Takashi a glance and turned to Lance. "Come here, Lance. I'll need your help. We share a bond, now. Nothing can be done alone anymore," she told as she made room for the slim man to fit. Keith let go of his arm and Lance took the spot that had been just cleared. He began to follow Blue's instructions. He held his shaking hands above the wound and tried to summon his markings in his top limbs.

He felt something smoothly creep up his back and split in two. It continued to travel down his arms and enveloped his hands in a cool sensation. He opened his closed eyes to see water was floating right at his palm and fingertips. He smiled and laughed. "I did it! I'm doing it!" he cheered and almost lost the water bubble. He quickly regained it and felt Blue gently lay her head on his. 

"Now, I have something to ask of you, Shiro," Blue started, her eyes dark. Takashi looked at her and awaited the instructions. She took a deep breath before continuing. "My healing magic is revival while Emerald's is regular recovery magic. Meaning, Katie has to be dead before my magic could take effect."

Everyone's breath hitched. Blue was asking Takashi to kill the girl in his arms. She was asking him to kill the girl he loved. Would he be able to do it? Thoughts flooded his mind and he began to respond that he wouldn't until a weak hand grabs his arm. "Its the only way to save me, okay? Do as she says, alright?" Katie weakly said with a pained smile.

He found himself having a hard time telling her no, so he nodded and accepted the challenge. Blue nodded and resumed talking, "Shiro use your mist to smother her. Cut off her oxygen. It's the only way that wouldn't scar her other than experience." He had to smother her and listen to her whimpers.

He could do this, right? He had this under control. He totally had this under control. He conjured up mist and made it wrap around her face and chest. It squeezed at her chest and blocked all air from her mouth and nose. Takashi looked away with his eyes closed. If his mind wavered, the mist would dissipate.

Katie closed her eyes as her chest couldn't move and her throat burned. Her lungs screamed at her to take more breath and she refused to. A lump in her throat formed and her nose began to feel stiff. She doubted that many of these things were because she lacked the ability to breath, but were the mist's fault. Then it came, darkness. Her passing wasn't peaceful. Her lungs, throat, and wound were screaming at her and she had been in so much pain, but she didn't want Takashi to waver. She wanted him to do his job, so she resisted the urge to resist and struggle. She ignored the feeling she had got to claw at the mist and free herself.

Everyone were looking away as Katie went still in his arms. He had killed her. With a fallen look, he allowed the mist to leave her. No one looked at her face as Lance went to work. The water under his hands turned a blue-green and the paladin lowered it closer to Katie's wound. The water touched her and she went cold at the sudden touch.

They sat like that, holding their breaths as Lance held the water to her wound. It took several minutes, fifteen to be exact, until Blue said it would be okay to cease for now. She bent over and told Takashi to place Katie on her back. He listened and watched as she and Lance took her to another room. The two only stopped to say something to Allura. Keith wanted to follow the two, but wasn't allowed to. They all stood awkwardly for a moment.

"So your world's me has healing powers? Sweet! Imagine all the ladies I could impress with that!" McClain cheered, interrupting the silence. Still an airhead in all universes. Kogane slapped his boyfriend's head in frustration.

"Why heart? Why did you fall for this idiot?" Kogane muttered as he shook his head, as if disappointed in himself. Lance took offense and the two began to have a quarrel. Alien Allura caught onto the agitation emitting from the other three, so she took McClain, Kogane, and Hunk out of the room to give the others some room.

"Shiro, Blue told me something before they left," Allura began when the others were gone, "Katie won't wake up until tomorrow morning so we can't act now, but your father has gone power hungry and began destroying our world... Katie was right." She let the silence build while the shock sunk in before saying the last thing. "Matt, Mrs. Holt, and all of the castle workers, including Trigel, has been caught up in the middle of it. Uncle Zarkon threatened the lions, saying that if they didn't bring us back by tomorrow, he'll kill them all. Luckily, Zarkon doesn't know that Hunk is still in that world. Though, Hunk already tried to go take down Zarkon by himself."

Shiro and Keith just stood there, faces blank. Katie was right- Zarkon was the evil they should have destroyed him when he walked through those castle doors. They had a mission before them and Takashi wasn't sure they could do it.

-------

Katie had been brought to Pidge's room to rest with Lance occasionally treating her. Every hour he walked inside to see her color returning, her wound better, and a more peaceful expression on her face. He smiled as he went in the room for the last time that night.

He sat by the bed she laid in and went through the process to conjure up the healing magic. It was draining to go through the procedure, but it was all worth it if he could see his best friend's smiling face. She still needed to help him score the mysterious beauty that awaited outside of the door.

Keith had came by when Blue had finally given him the permission. He wasn't allowed to enter- no one other then herself and Lance were allowed. Instead, Keith sat with Lance for the entire time he would wait outside of Pidge's room for the next healing session.

During this time they talked while comforting each other. They each shared the stories of how they met Katie. Lance loved Keith's because it allowed him to get a picture of younger Keith and how he was. It shone some light into the mysterious past of Keith Kogane.

Lance had met Katie the first day at Garrison when he had accidentally bumped into her and made her drop her lunch tray. Katie had given him so much sass, it was unbearable. Hunk had come over to apologize for his friend since Lance had to much pride to do it himself. Every since then, they were the Garrison Trio.  

When Lance finished the last healing session, he joined Keith outside of the room. "How is she?" Keith asked like he had the other times.

"Better then last. that was the final time I needed to do that, so we can return to the rooms alien Allura gave us," Lance said, a little sad they had to leave each other. He glanced at Keith as they walked through the halls, leaving Blue behind to watch over Katie. "I'm glad I could be useful for something. Recently... I felt like I've been useless."

Keith stopped. Lance did the same and looked at him. They had stopped at Lance's room and the blue paladin was ready to enter. Before Lance could blink, Keith had grabbed him by his shirt and brought him close to his face. "You are not useless, Lance. If I hear you say that again, I will slap you. Never think that again. Everyone has a part to play and yours is the best one." 

Lance didn't believe him. "Which part is that?" Keith smiled and closed the distance between them. Lance only stood in shock as the other males eyes closed and their lips touched. An electricity sensation shot from Lance's mouth to his spine. He couldn't believe this- was it a dream? No, Keith's mouth defiantly was on his own.

Keith pulled away and looked at the ground. "Your part is with the blue lion. Without you, we wouldn't be team Voltron. Without you, I wouldn't function. So, please don't ever think your useless again," he said softly.

Lance couldn't hold back anymore. The site of Keith shyly looking at the ground with pink cheeks had completely towed the border he set up. "I'm about to do something stupid," Lance mumbled before kissing Keith. It was harder then the last one. Keith was forced to back up onto the door of Lance's bedroom.

Lance reached out and touched the button next to the door to open it. The door slid open and they flew into the room and onto the bed. Behind them the door closed, sensing that the people had entered, enveloping the room in darkness. Keith had began to kiss back. They only pulled apart to breath. In the mist of rough gasps for air, Keith spoke. "That was amazing."

Lance smirked. "Well why don't we continue?" With that Lance slammed his mouth onto Keith's. Every moment he spent with Keith made him feel like he was not useless- he felt needed. Keith's smile alone erased away Lance's insecurities. He was glad this was happening.

So bribery is my new favorite thing. Accept this bribery as an apology. I know I forgot about Klance for like, a lot of chapters, but this makes up for it right? RIGHT!? THE LACK OF KLANCE CAN BE FIXED. Also little editing done the last few chapters, so bear with it!

-ThatOneServant out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro