Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

-

The sound of motorbikes caught the attention of Kai and Kiara as John B drove past the beach.

There seemed to be some type of competition going on, and Kiara let out a small sighed, knowing if JJ was here, he would've been in that competition.

JJ loved motorbikes, and he loved racing, and Kiara missed him as much as everyone else did.

He was her best friend, the one person that she could go to, and he'll make her feel better without making her feel judged or awkward.

She tore her attention away from the motorbikes with a distant look in her eyes.

Kai stared at the motorbikes, and for a moment, he swore he saw a familiar blonde head on a motorbike.

He shook his head, It wasn't JJ. It was someone else, but as John B stopped the van for people to walk by,

A crowd moved out of the way of kai's view, and before he could progress what he was doing, he swung the sliding door open and rushed out of the van towards the beach.

"Kai!" Kiara called out for him before she rushed out of the van, and John B let out a small curse before parking the van, rushing out of his van,

He sheepishly smiled at the cars behind him, "Sorry!" He ran after Kiara and Kai.

"Kai! What are you doing?" Kiara caught up with Kai, grabbing his arm to stop him from walking any further, almost into the race.

Kai was staring ahead. His expression was one of disbelief, and Kiara turned her head to where Kai was looking, and a small gasp left her, her eyes widening.

John B came to a halt next to them, his eyes landing on a familiar blonde that he grew up with.

"JJ?" John B whispered under his breath. On a motorbike in front of them was a young man around 18 years old, with wavy blonde hair, blue eyes, a red signature bandana around his neck, wearing a grey t-shirt with shorts and black work boots,

A large scar settled across his left side of his forehead. Only part of the scar was shown as the rest was possibly covered by his hair.

The scar made him look older than he actually is, but it was him.

The young man on the motorbike in front of them was none other than JJ Maybank himself.

Kiara was the first to move. She ran forward, avoiding the motorbikes that flew above her, and she threw herself at JJ, who wasn't expecting her yet still caught her.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed before he almost fell back as John B crashed into them.

"Yo, um, not to make this awkward, I mean, it's already kinda awkward, but I'm not much of a hugger, y'all, so um..you mind?" Kiara and John B pulled back, smiles on their faces to see JJ alive and well.

"Jayj, how.." Kiara cut herself off, shaking her head, "You're really here."

JJ laughed a little, "Yeah, obviously, I wasn't gonna miss this competition for anything in the world, not even my mom can stop me."

John B's smile turned into a frown, "JJ, man, you don't have a mom."

JJ chuckled, "Yeah, I do, dude. She's like super strict, but like whatever," he shrugged,

"Anyway, do I know you guys? I feel like I met you guys somewhere before." JJ questioned,

"You don't remember us?" Kiara asked, her voice small as her eyes welled up with tears that threatened to fall any second now.

JJ shook his head, "No. Sorry, what's your names again? Maybe it'll recall something."

John B cleared his throat, "I'm John B, and this is Kiara or kie, and that's Kai." John B gestured behind him as Kai approached them, his expression lacking any emotions.

"Oh, wait! John B..I think Val knows you, yeah, my sister, she knows you, man, she talks about you all the time, you and um..kie, right? Pope, um, Sarah..and.." JJ trailed off, a troubled look on his face

He shook his head, "Um, sorry, I have to get back to the competition. Gotta win, you know."

"Wait, where's your sister?" Kiara questioned, holding her voice strong and steady, and JJ shrugged,

"Oh, she said something about Top..tops? She really wasn't making any sense," JJ replied, "but hey, if you see those guys," he gestured towards a group of men dressed in black standing around the beach,

"Well then, you'll find her. Mom's gonna overprotective, too, and by the way, my name is Jesse. See you around." JJ speed off in his motorbike, leaving them behind.

"He doesn't remember us." John B said, a sad look in his eyes, his best friend, practically his brother didn't remember him.

"We need to find Valera. If JJ is here, then so is she." Kiara told him, wiping the tears that slid down her face.

Kai nodded in agreement, "Yeah, we need to find out why JJ can't remember us and why Val didn't just come to us if she's here."

"Maybe it has to do with this,"Mom" JJ keeps mentioning," John B said, turning to look at the men, "Something is going on, and we gotta find out, save our friends, and get them back home."

"We have to get the others first, tell them everything, and then find Valera." Kiara said, and John B nodded in agreement with her.

"I'll stay here with Jesse." Kai spoke. He didn't want JJ leaving his sight. He just found him, even if he doesn't remember him,

He was going to protect him this time. He was going to fix all his mistakes, and he won't let JJ down, not again, and not ever.

"Okay," Kiara gave him a small smile, "He's back with us now."

Kai couldn't help but think of the bitter question in the back of his mind,

"Yeah, but for how long?"

🪽
996 words

Short chapter ):

JJ is back, but with Amnesia!
Sorry for all those who don't like that, but his amnesia will have to do with his scar, and it's part of the plot.

Thoughts?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro