Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

-

"..Yo, Dawn!" Kiara swung the doors open, John B quickly following behind her,

"Kie, you can't just enter like that." John B told her in a hush voice, but Kiara pauses, almost making John B bump into her, but he stopped before he could.

He stepped aside and saw Dawn sitting behind a desk, and he smiled before frowning as he saw an older man and women beside him,

"Kiara! John B, what are you guys doing here?" Dawn questioned, surprised also tensed, glancing at the people standing beside him.

Kiara crossed her arms over her chest, throwing a glare at the two people before her eyes softened when she looked at Dawn.

"They're alive, Dawn, and we're gonna go find them, you in?" Kiara questioned, not beating around the bush, going straight to the point.

Dawn glanced between the two people before standing up, "I quit!" He rushed around the table before rushing over to Kiara and John B.

"Run, run." He whispered to them, and Kiara and John B quickly turned around, walking at a fast pace towards the elevator.

"Dawn! You can not just quit! Come back here!" The women yelled, her heels clicking on the tiled floor as she rushed to follow them.

"Dawn, listen to your mother!" The three of them got inside of the elevator, and kiara quickly pressed a button.

"Sorry, but I quit, I don't have to listen to her anymore or you, " Dawn replied, the doors slowly closing,

"And oh, Fuck you! Both of you!" The doors closed, and Dawn let out a deep signed,

"That felt good."

Kiara chuckled, "Bet it was."

John B turned to Dawn and threw his arms around him, hugging him, and Dawn was surprised but hugged John B back,

"Didn't know we were this close, John B." John B pulled back with a sheepish smile,

"Sorry, I'm just happy that JJ and lera are alive, and we're going to find them." John B told him,

Dawn frowned, "are you sure about it? I can't get my hopes up that princess and prince are alive only to find out they're dead..again, for real."

"It's true, lera called Rafe, or at least sent a help signal." John B replied, and kiara turned Dawn to face her,

"Trust me, Dawn. If..if this isn't real, then you can take it out on me." Kiara told him, and Dawn stared at her for a moment before sighing,

"Okay." He ran a hand through his hair, and kiara shared a look with John B.

"Great, so, where's your brother?" John B questioned, speaking up as the elevator doors opened,

Dawn let out a deeper sighed, "either in a bar or in his apartment that smells like one."

"Hey, Dawn, congrats on quitting! Your parents sound pissed, I'd better hurry and get out of here if I were you!" The lady at the front desk said, smiling at Dawn, giving him a thumbs up.

"Thank you, Luis! I'll see you around!" Dawn, Kiara, and John B rushed out of the building and towards John B's van.

Once they were inside of the van, John B quickly drove off,

"Okay, where's Kai's apartment?" John B asked, glancing at Dawn, who made himself comfortable at the back,

"I'll tell you, but I'm not gonna see him, so drop me off before you do." Dawn replied,

Kiara and John B shared a look, "What happens between the two of you?"

"It's complicated."

⭐️

Deciding to drop off Dawn at Rafe's house, John B, Kiara, and Sarah, who decided to come at the last minute, headed to the location that Dawn had given them.

Apparently, since Kai had completely disowned his own family, he moved as far as he could but still stayed in outerbanks near the cemetery that Valera and JJ'S Graves were at.

It came to a shock to John B and kiara that Luke actually decided to declare JJ dead instead of a runaway,

Although what came more as a shocker was that Shoupe was the one putting up missing flyers for JJ, alongside the Heywards.

Yeah, sure, John B was in his own little world for a bit, but he couldn't have missed his own best friend funeral. There was no way that Luke just decided not to invite anyone,

He was upset, but he wasn't that upset since JJ was still alive.

"..that's a small house, not an apartment." Sarah's voice brought him out of his thoughts, as his body had gone to auto pilot at some point.

The van was parked in front of a small house, it looked abandoned,

"Okay, let's hope he's here and not in some bar." Kiara said, getting out of the van,

John B and Sarah shared a look before they got out the van.

Kiara walked over to the house, scrunching up her nose as a smell filled her senses,

"What's that smell?" Sarah questioned, covering her nose,

"Alcohol," Kiara and Sarah looked at John B, who shrugged, "JJ'S house smells like it all the time, Luke spills his beer or.." He trailed, but Kiara and Sarah got what he was hinting.

They were going to have a few words with Luke after they found JJ.

Kiara took a deep breath, breathing through her mouth as she raised her hand, knocking on the door,

There was no sound, and kiara tried to the doorknob, finding the door unlocked as it creaked lowly as she pushed it open.

She glanced at John B and Sarah before she pushed the door further open, walking aside,

The smell of alcohol was stronger, the smell making them dizzy.

The sounds of crunching sounded, and kiara looked down as she took a step back, finding broken glass.

"Kai?" Sarah spoke up, seeing a figure on the couch. She took a step forward, but John B stopped her,

"Watch out for the glass." There was so much glass around,

"Kai!" Ignoring John B's warning, kiara walked over to kai and shook his him,

Kai let out a groan, preying his eyes open before rolling them as he spotted kiara,

"..fuck off." He swatted her hand away, sitting up, letting out a groan,

He pushed kiara out of the way as he looked through the alcohol bottles on the table. Most of them were empty.

"Kai, stop, JJ, and Valera are alive." Kiara told him, and Kai paused before he scoffed, snatching a full bottle,

"Yeah, right."

"It's true, "John B spoke up, pulling out his phone before playing the message.

Kai listened to the message staring down at the floor, anger filling his body,

"It's bullshit! Get the fuck out and leave me alone." Kai told them, glaring at them once the message finished

"What is your problem?" Kiara questioned, and Kai stood up,

"It's my fault!" Kai snapped, throwing the bottle he had in his hand, the bottle smashed against the wall, shattering into pieces, the smell of strong liquor filled the air,

"kai.." Sarah started, her eyes wide as she stared at Kai, John B stood in front of her and kiara, shielding them from a drunk Kai.

"we were going to take the cross.."Kai confessed, "I just wanted a better life! I wanted to give Jess a better life! but it was all for nothing!"

Kai picked up another bottle from the table, taking the cap off and tossing it aside,

"Kai, drinking won't help! it will only make it worse." John B told him, and Kai huffed,

"Honestly, I really don't give a shit. leave me alone, and shut the door when you leave." Kai muttered, dropping himself on the couch.

kiara stepped out from behind John B and walked over to kai, snatching the bottle from his hand, "No, you do not get to do this!"

Kai glared at her, standing up, towering over her, but Kiara stood her ground, "Jayj wouldn't want you swallowing your feelings down with cheep liquor!"

"This?" kiara tossed the bottle, a shattering sound echoed, "is pathetic!"

kiara glared at Kai, whose eyes were glistening with tears, and her voice cracked as she spoke her next words, her throat aching as she held back her sobs,

"You are real pathetic, Kai."

Kai stared at her for a moment before speaking,

"I love him.." Kai dropped himself back on the couch, a sob breaking through him,

"I love him, and I betrayed him! I fucking betrayed him! And now he's gone.." Kiara sat down next to him, pulling him into her embrace,

"He's still alive," she told him, "and we're gonna find him,"

"We're gonna make things right."

⭐️

1441 words

So, I was thinking of publishing the rest of the chapters once the next season comes out.

Thoughts?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro