Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It didn't take them long to realize the nature of the danger. Let alone saving the world, their time in this world has also come to an end.

They were lured to Creal tech's headquarters, And they stepped right into the trap. Bulldog tricked them.

In a split second a plan came into Jin's mind.
Not consciously, but his instinct told him what to do. Quickly ducking, he reached into the backpack on the floor—it was behind the desk, out of sight of the enemy.

"Be careful, Seokjin!" Bulldog growled. The hypocritical smile on his face was long gone, "don't play tricks.  stand up straight."

Jin straightened up slowly and calmly, holding the backpack with one hand. He said, "no need to get hyped up! I was just going to pick it up!"

"Do you think I'm a fool?" Bulldog said roughly, "you think I do not understand your intention? You think I am stupid?"

"When did I say that you are stupid?" Jin shrugged, "you wouldn't be able to catch us if you were stupid. It's just that sometimes mother luck doesn't side with you!"

Pulling a pistol out of a shoulder holster in a menacing way, Bulldog roared, "shut up and put the bag down on the table. Then move away from there."

"I am not a big fan of rude words, Mr. Bullock," said Jin with a calm voice but the sarcasm in his tone didn't go unnoticed, "be gentler, if you request politely, I can give it to you easily!"

"Then please come out from behind the desk and do me the honor!" Bulldog's voice was full of sarcasm too.

"As you please!" Jin came down from the high place and stood closer to Bulldog. Tina's eyes were like the deer caught in a headlight, frightened. Arya's face didn't show anything but boredom. But both of them were wondering why did Jin suddenly start light sarcasm.

"Put your hands up, Mr. Kim," said  Bulldog, "I am afraid of those two. Can't trust a bit, you know?"

"Sure," said Jin standing with his hands up.

Bulldog motioned for Tina and Arya to stand the same way, then he looked at Alpha-Three, "check the bag.  Seokjin risked himself to pick it up while we were aiming guns at him. It must be important. And definitely, he has some evil intentions."

"You got it," said Jin, still sarcastic,  "I am very fond of that bag, just wanted to hug it when I die!"

"Is that so?" mockery flowed in Bulldog's voice, "If so, it is a matter of concern. The thing that Kim Seokjin wants to hold while dying must be very special!" He called out to Alpha-Three who was walking towards the table, "careful, Melvin, that bag may have a trap in it!"

"Nice fantasy I must say!" Jin shrugged a little.

"Shut up! No more words!" Bulldog stopped playing along and growled and instructed alpha-One and
Two to search the bodies of the prisoners.

They were made to stand with their arms and legs spread around the wall on one side.

Then Carter aka Alpha-Two started searching with skillful hands. 
The prisoners were standing facing the wall, but still, Theo and Bulldog couldn't trust them and remained alert guarding them with ready weapons. 

First of all, Alpha-Two searched the body of Jin and Arya.

The pistols in the holster, the hidden knife in the fold of sleeves, the steel wire from inside the belt buckle—he took everything. Even the watch, the wallet in the pocket... nothing was left out.

The anti-virus CD which was given by Tina was also taken away.

After two NIS agents, it was Tina's turn. 

Alpha-Two stepped forward with an ugly smile and said, "beautiful, what are you hiding in your body?"

Tina did not answer. 

Alpha-Two's smile widened while searching the unarmed girl, his hands went here and there and Tina endured with a stone face. He started searching from the feet, Tina's hips and after wasting time in the thigh when he reached her chest, his smile turned maniacal.

"Remove your hands!" Arya and Jin said in a cold voice at the same time, noticing the situation, their bodies were shaking with anger. 
"Or I will kill you right now!" Arya finished the sentence."

As if Alpha-Two got back his senses, he left Tina and retreated and a laugh came out of his mouth immediately.  Looking at the Bulldog, he said,
"did you hear what did that girl say? She said she will kill me!"

Arya turned from the wall. Keeping eyes on the opponent she said, "I will kill you, just put your hands on her one more time. I dare you."

"Is that so?" Alpha-Two scoffed, "If so, I have to search for her even more. The clothes are just a hindrance, should I strip her this time?"

"Try it!" said Jin. He too turned away from the wall with fire in his eyes. If he dies he will, but he will not allow this unarmed girl to be dishonored in front of his eyes.

"Are you challenging me?" said Alpha-Two in a sullen voice.

"Coward!" Arya chuckled, "you picked the easy target knowing she can't do anything to you, right? I am a woman too. And a very attractive one," she shrugged, "put your dirty hands on me if you have your balls intact!"

Alpha-Two cursed under his breath with the insults and pointed up his submachine gun, "shut your mouth, woman! Or..."

"Stop!" scolded Theo, "don't be crazy, Carter!"

Alpha-Two angrily turned to the team leader, "why stop? You forgot what these two bastards put us into on the Montego ice shelf? Since that day, my hands have been itching to kill them!"

"And you'll get your chance." Theo said in a calm tone, "their death will be just like all other Users—by accident.  If there are bullet wounds on their bodies, we can be on the wanted list. Don't give away our perfect plans just to kill these two."

After understanding the logic, he went silent and said, "your lifespan has increased a little, bitch! But I want you to know, I'll have it—just a little late, but don't forget to wait!"

"You too shall die by my hand,"
not after what the rascal did to Tina, Arya couldn't just stay calm.

"How?" Alpha-Two said sarcastically, "you'll show another trick game? Please do, I too want to know how to get away every time from such unfavorable situations! Can't tell, I may need them someday!"

There was a sound at the door and everyone's attention was on that at once.

Whispering to Arya, Jin said, "be ready, his wish will be fulfilled in no time! There will be only one chance to escape. I'll handle them, you keep Tina with you." He said it in Korean so that even if the enemies heard it, they wouldn't understand what has been said.

Elisa Van Buren was being seen in the doorway, peeking. She said,
"everything under control? Can I come in now?"

"Please Come," said Bulldog, "there is nothing to fear now. The prisoners have been disarmed."

Alpha-Three also finished checking the backpack. He said, "there is nothing in here."
He was indicating ropes, various kits, etc piled on the table including Tina's laptop computer.
"You were scared for nothing, Mr. Bullock."

Bulldog looked at Jin with furrowed brows, "you are disappointing me, Mr. Kim. Don't have any magic trick up your sleeve to show us this time?"

Jin shrugged, "you could have already seen it if I had."

"But I can't believe that you've stepped into the tiger's den without any backup plans!"

"Plan is all gone. Oh right, when did you come here? Why didn't my people see you coming?" Jin asked curiously.

Bulldog laughed, "I have understood how your mind works by now. I knew you would put a watcher outside the building. That's why we came by helicopter and landed on the rooftop helipad."

"You really beat me this time," Jin said admiringly.

Bulldog was happy with the praise.  He said, "this is exactly what I was looking forward to hearing from you."

Elisa came to stand next to Bulldog this time. She said in a mocking tone, "why are you standing so far away, Eva? Come, come closer. Let me see you for the last time."

Tina hesitated, but Alpha-One gestured for her to come forward. Seeing that the girl was not moving, Jin pulled her hand and walked towards Elisa. Arya followed them. Jin stopped at the enemy's right in such a way that their enemy's back faces the desk when facing Tina.

He wanted to put his opponents in a position that comes to his advantage. and that is exactly what happened.

Elisa Van Buren, Bulldog, Carter, and Theo turned to face the prisoners.
Alpha-Three aka Melvin also came and joined them. Everyone's weapons were facing forward toward the prisoners.

Elisa said to Tina with a smile, "little Christina Walden...look at you, how well you have grown!"

Tina was shocked, "Ah...you know me?"

"I didn't know it before, now I know it. The way the TGV was saved, it was not possible for Mr. Kim or Ms. Akaishi. That left you only. So I told Mr. Bullock to have a background check on you. He took no time to find your name-changing record.
Well done, kid. Who thought that Michael and Debbie would teach Uno code to a seven years old kid before dying!?"

"No one taught me," Tina said angrily, "I invented it!"

"Is that so?" Frowning the elderly lady grasped the meaning of Tina's words almost immediately, "oh my God! You were a child prodigy!
Surprisingly, Michael and Debbie never told us!"

"How would they? You killed them before that!"

"My bad! But you can't blame me! They had it coming anyway!
I offered them to join hands with me.
I thought it would be convenient if the inventors were on my team, but that two fool continued their lectures about morality and ethics! They even threatened to expose my plan to everyone. Can it be allowed? I got an unfailing weapon like Uno-code, you know how difficult it was to get into that group? I even became Kurt Masden's lover to get into that 'Dumb Scholers' Group'. I had to endure these boring people for days thinking of only one thing - one day
these geniuses will discover something huge, and I will benefit from it. And when it actually happened, someone will just take away my opportunity only by lecturing about ideology, how can I accept that?"

"That entitles you to kill two innocent people??"

"Why should I go and kill? I am not a murderer. If I were, then I could have just killed you three today. After the plane crash, you were unconscious. You wouldn't be able to stop me. You are lucky, cause I can't stand bloodshed. My dear Christina, I don't kill people, I only give orders."

"Who killed my parents?" asked Tina, her voice on fire. "Your brother?"

"No, no, he was not yet old enough to kill people at that time, "I gave the contract to a person named Garfield.
you could have died at his hands this afternoon too if only Mr. Kim spared him! But I need to thank Mr. Kim too.
That ass Garfield was going to finish me too!"

"Please don't thank me," pleaded Jin in a calm tone, "I am dying of grief now that I killed him!"

Elisa laughed out loud, "you are a very funny man, Mr. Kim.
Really, I will miss you so much."

"Will you answer a question, Dr.  Buren?" Arya said.

"Sure," Elisa stifled a laugh, "the last request of a dying person should be respected."

"Why are you doing this?" Arya asked, "you are an Uno. We all in the cyber world think of you guys as Gods. If it were anyone else, it would have been accepted. But why do you of all people want to destroy the cyber world? How does it benefit you?"

"Why is the question of profit and loss coming?" Elisa said in a crooked tone. 
"God sometimes brings apocalypse to the world without any reason just because he can. Why don't you think of it as something like that?"

"You're lying," Tina snapped, "god and divine power all bullshit. You had spread the virus to take over the world."

"What?" Arya frowned.

"There is a problem with anti-virus, didn't I say? What is that, you know?  It has a backdoor. Whoever uses this anti-virus, all the information on his computer will come automatically
on Creal tech's server."

"That means?"

"All the countries of the world will be using the anti-virus to escape from the virus attack in every aspect from trade, economy to defense. And all their secret information will be intercepted by this woman, sitting here in Creal tech," Tina said angrily. "she can sell, share the information from one person to another, even collapse the economy if she wants. She will have the key to destroy the defense system of any country. In another word, she will become the most powerful person in the world."

"But...but the virus will already destroy everything! It will not be possible to retrieve information from any computer!" Arya was confused.

"It's possible, Ms. Akaishi," Elisa smiled, "my virus destroys all parts of the computer, of course—but the data stored on the hard disk, it doesn't destroy it- just encrypts it in Uno- code. Retrieving all the data is possible, but you have to use an anti-virus for that. Do you understand? I am not destroying the computer system of the world. I am just creating a little crisis for a day or two. I am making arrangements so that people install my anti-virus software everywhere.  In a sense, you can call it a marketing campaign."

"A little crisis!" Arya rolled her eyes.  "All the computers in the world will be needed to be replaced as a result of your 'little crisis'. Replacing all the software and hardware- it would cost billions and billions of dollars—it seems that little to you? For God's sake, Elisa, there's still time, stop this virus!"

"There is no use in saying this, Arya," said Jin in a calm voice,
"all sense of justice and injustice is lost from her. Either way, Most of that billion of dollars will come into her pocket, no? So far I remember, Crealtech is going to start making their own computer brand soon, right? Replacing the old computers with your newly released computer and hardware brand- well planned, Elisa!"

"The money's just overdue," said Elisa nonchalantly, "I want power...plenty of power. That is why I have to have a grip on all the secrets of the world.
After all, knowledge is power—you know that, right?"

"That's why you left the seat of God and wrote your name in the book of thieves?" Jin mocked and looked at Arya and said, "you worshiped her for nothing, Arya. This woman is not a God, she is just another petty hacker — whose profession is to steal information."

"This plot of yours will never succeed, Elisa," said Tina, "when no one can come up with a solution to the crisis, but your anti-virus will show the magic... Do you think the people of the world will not understand what is happening? People are not stupid! They will surely suspect that it was your work!"

"It will be too late by then, dear Christina. When they do, there will be nothing left to do," Elisa said, "by then the whole world's computer systems will come into my hands. If someone wants trouble, from economic disaster to another world war I can start anything if I desire. Besides..." she looked at Bulldog, "now that I have America back me, no one can touch me."

"Good deal," said Jin to Bulldog, "Elisa will give you all the stolen information and you will give her protection in return, no? I see you are going down day by day, Mr. Bullock! You were CIA's special assistant director, then was demoted to bureau chief, and from there you turned to become the right-hand man of a mere thief? Kudos!"

The clever CIA officer didn't get mad. He smiled softly and said, "think whatever you want to think, Mr. Kim.  But America is going to give me the title of their greatest hero in its history. I am going to make America an invincible force in the world. Your bitter words are nothing compared to that."

"Do the bragging a little later, the game is not over yet."

"It's not over? You have been defeated a long time ago, haven't I told you?"

"Let's see whether I have lost or not."

"What do you mean?" Bulldog was alerted so suddenly.

Jin could not answer, just at that moment, there was a sharp beep beep sound coming from the other side of the desk. It was the signal of reaching the zero countdowns of the timer- it wasn't difficult to understand by the CIA officer.

"Shit!" Bulldog shouted, "bomb!"

Jin still had an extra block of C-4 left after he used it in the elevator shaft. Seeing Bulldog and the Alpha team entering the office, Jin put his hand in the backpack. He fixed a detonator and a timer in the block and threw them under the desk before he got up with the bag.

Bulldog did doubt though, he ordered to check the backpack, but didn't think to look for anything under the desk. So the bomb remained safe, and the timer has now arrived at zero.

With a shriek, Bulldog dived to the floor, the bomb exploded behind with an ear-splitting sound. All the glass in the office broke down. The desk broke and flew away.
Elisa and the Alpha team could not dive properly, they were hit on the back by the shock wave that made them fly and crash into the wall.

Exactly that's why Jin made them stand with their backs to the desk so that the shockwave passes over enemies and blocks it for them.

With the explosion, Jin himself jumped down on the floor with his two companions. When the rumbling sound subsided, he stood up. The security alarm was going off somewhere, but he ignored the sound and ran toward the members of the Alpha team. He took two machine guns from the unconscious members of the team. Those devils should be shot dead, but he did not learn to kill wounded and helpless enemies.
Unknowingly removing his finger from the trigger and pulling the antivirus CD out of Carter's pocket,
He muttered, "we will have a fair fight when you are conscious."

Jin kept one machine gun and threw the other at Arya. He pointed her to get out. Taking Tina towards the door of the elevator, she was about to move on, but Jin interrupted, "there is no time to get down the shaft. Go to the roof."

They kicked open the door and came out to the waiting room, from there
in the corridor. "Show me the way,"  Jin instructed Tina.

Silently, the girl pointed to the right side of the corridor and three of them started running toward it. There was a commotion behind them as the building exploded.

Security guards were coming. The sound of an automatic rifle was heard and the floor of the corridor was pierced with enormous rounds of bullets in a second behind their running feet.

Jin quickly turned around. He raised the machine gun to his waist and shot without any aim. As long as the enemies fears coming out, it will do.

From the far end of the corridor- there was a panicked scream, the guards were jumping away from the line of fire and hiding.

As soon as the magazine was empty, Jin threw away the weapon and turned around, and followed Arya and Tina. They reached a landing after thirty yards along with the stairs to the roof. They started climbing up the stairs quickly.

There was an electrified door ahead, but Jin didn't waste time with that. He took the second machine gun from Arya and shot it off its hinges.

"Where's the guard post?" Jin asked Tina before going out onto the roof.

"Left, twenty feet away," answered young Uno.

"And the helipad?"

"To Right. About twenty-five yards away."

"Good," Jin turned to Arya, "Bulldog came with a helicopter. It must be on the helipad. I'll cover, you and Tina go and get straight up on it. Keep the engine running so that you can take off as soon as I get on board."

"Got it." Arya nodded shortly.

"OK, get ready then. Three, two, one... go!"

Jin picked open the door and came out. Fixing himself on a kneeling position, he spotted the two guards who came out of the post.
He saw a rifle being pointed at him. He started brushfire from his machine gun and a guard was shot below the knee and he fell on the concrete. The second guard jumped and hid behind a junction box.

Jin refrained from shooting and killing the wounded guard. He remembered Gus Fork and Friebel,
Maybe these guards were like those two—just serving, They may not have anything to do with Elisa's conspiracy.

The sound of footsteps was heard behind - Arya and Tina were running toward the helipad. The second guard peeked his head out hoping to assess the situation, but Jin scared the crap out of him by firing a blank shot six inches away from his head.
The guard quickly pulled his head behind the junction box again.

After a while, the helicopter's engine started. The wind was whipped up like a whirlwind by the impact of the rotor blades. Jin started to back down, firing in short bursts, letting the guard not come out of cover anymore.
Approaching the stairs of the helipad, he stopped firing and turned around
and ran towards the waiting aircraft. 

Now came out the guard, and he started shooting at Jin this time. The concrete powder puffed up behind Jin's running legs. The bullets gnawed fruitlessly at the roof without finding the target.

Jin jumped into the helicopter, then turned around and pulled the door.
shouted, "Go, Arya...Go!"

The noise of the rotor changed and the helicopter left the roof and floated into the air.
Hearing the metallic sound behind, it was understandable that the guard was firing at the helicopter this time. His unmissable bullets were piercing the body of the copter.

"Jin, stop that man!" Arya
shouted from the pilot's seat, "we are doomed if the engine is shot!"

Jin took out the machine gun as the window rolled down and started firing continuously until the magazine runs out. When the hammer struck the empty chamber, the helicopter already crossed the border of the roof, turning its nose and leaving away from the range of the guard's bullets.

Jin breathed a sigh of relief. Leaning back on the seat, he took a last look at the roof of Crealtech's headquarters.

Five people emerged there tripping.

Bulldog, Dr. Buren, and the Alpha- Team. They were watching with intense anger as the mechanical grasshopper flew away.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro