Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Now what, Jin?" Arya asked, "What do you want to do?"

"That depends on Tina," said Jin, looking at young Uno, "what can be done, Tina? I have brought the anti-virus CD but it cannot be used. If we do, Dr. Buren's plan will be succeeded. She can steal information from all the computers in the world."

Tina said, "removing the backdoor option and fixing the program can be done. I could have started the work right now, but your bomb blew up my laptop."

"Easy," said Jin, "I will get you a new one immediately. But the thing is – we have only an hour and a half.
Can you fix the antivirus by then?"

"I can, but will I have enough time to distribute it everywhere? We are already far behind schedule.
I wanted to start the distribution from Elisa's office; I would have if I didn't see the backdoor."

"That is a problem. If it cannot be distributed everywhere in time, then
what will be the benefit of fixing the thing?" Arya said worriedly.

"Tell me what to do?" Tina shrugged, "you have to give me at least thirty to forty minutes to remove the backdoor. And one more hour to send it to all internet servers in the world. It needs at least one to two hours to finish the job. That too if you can give me a computer right now!"

"Should I land, Jin?" Arya asked for permission, "let's see if we can have a computer down there somewhere?"

"No," Jin shook his head, "we need to move further away from Crealtech.
Bulldog and Elisa are now behaving like mad dogs. If we land somewhere nearby, they'll find us."

"But time is running out!" Arya protested. "Tina needs to start working with the anti-virus immediately!"

"I know, but don't you have to live to work first?"

Arya shrugged helplessly.

Jin turned to Tina, "let's say we agreed that you just need half an hour for your work. But can't we reduce the time of distribution? I mean...is there any way to distribute the anti-virus very quickly?"

"The only way that can be done is with the help of a very powerful computer." said Tina, "that computer should be connected to all the network systems of the whole world at the same time. Not just connected though, every network has different types of security, and this computer should know how to infiltrate those security systems to install the anti-virus in that network. And these things must be done all at the same time. This procedure will require exchanging of millions of gigabytes of data while doing these. So this computer should have the ability to handle such a big pressure."

"I don't understand your technical terms," said Jin with a slight frown, "make it simple, what do you need to distribute the anti-virus faster?" 

"Supercomputer, Jin," Arya smiled, "she needs a supercomputer."

"Supercomputer just for the distribution, right? You can remove the backdoor with any normal computer, no?"

"Yes."

"Good. I can manage it," Jin looked at Arya, "land somewhere for five minutes. I have to make a phone call."

"How can you bring me a supercomputer in five minutes?" Tina said in a surprised voice.

"I didn't say I will bring it. I said I will manage. You have to just remove the backdoor and deliver the anti-virus to that computer. It can take it from there. It will finish the distribution itself."

"What are you saying? How can a machine work by itself?"

Jin smiled, "it can. You have not seen Venus yet!"

It was not dawn yet in Washington, This time is the most when everyone sleeps deeply; National Underwater and Marine Agency... in a nutshell
NUMA's computer expert, Larry King, was no exception.

He was sleeping comfortably with his comfy blankets, dreaming too. All of a sudden, his phone started screaming like crazy.
Larry blinked and looked at the clock.
His eyebrows were wrinkled, who likes to intrude at such an ungodly hour?
With the phone still ringing, Larry lifted the phone to his ear, annoyed. Not letting the opposite side say anything, he almost growled,
"If it isn't an emergency call, then there is news for you - whoever you are, you are a dipshit for calling at this hour!"

"You have yet to learn some mannerisms, dear Larry," Jin's voice came out from the other side, "It could have been your chief calling, no?"

"Ahh...who? Seokjin? Is that you?"

"Right. You up yet?"

Larry laughed, "how would I not? Venus set my ringtone in such a way, a dead cold corpse will have to get up hearing the sound! But my phone line is always open for you, Seokjin. But that doesn't mean you have to wake me up in the middle of the night. Show some mercy next time, ok?"

"I am willing to show that mercy if you do me a small favor."

"What?"

"Have you heard about the Uno-virus?'

"Yes, a warning has been sent to us from your NIS. Nobody took it seriously. But I'm not taking any chances. I closed down the whole computer section after talking with Mr. Radcliffe."

George Radcliffe is the Deputy Director of NUMA, in the absence of Admiral George Anderson.
He was now taking care of everything. George Anderson was in hospital in a critical condition right now.

"Until I verify the whole thing, I will not turn on any computer again."

"You have to change your decision," said Jin, "I need Venus for a while. It's an emergency."

Venus was a supercomputer made by Larry King. It is a wonder in the modern cyber world. It was several times more advanced than any other supercomputer in the world In terms of power because of its next-generation artificial intelligence.  Venus is a very smart computer. It can make decisions on its own, can communicate with people directly, and many more. Larry gave this Artificial intelligence the appearance of a beautiful girl in a 3-D interface to make the conversation with people more enjoyable just like science fiction movies. He calls this female form of this supercomputer "Venus".

"What's the matter?" asked Larry,  "why do you suddenly need Venus?"

"The virus is real," said Jin, "I collected an anti-virus for it. I have to use Venus to spread the antivirus throughout the whole world. Otherwise, consider today in your cyber world as a doomsday."

Larry instantly sat up, "what are you saying? That means Uno-code is real?"

"Very real, Larry. But there is no time to discuss these things now. Get Venus online quickly, I want to fix the anti-virus and upload it as soon as possible."

"Don't send that on the open line," said Larry, "if you do, anyone can intercept that."

"How to send then?"

"All ships in NUMA have Venus' secured network connected to them.
Go to any one of them and upload the program on the ship's computer. If so
no more trudging up to headquarters,
Venus can distribute it from there."

"I'm in Amsterdam now, where can I get a NUMA's ship here? We don't have time too!"

"I am not forbidding you for no reason. All of Venus' unsecured data transfers are intercepted these days. All domestic and foreign organizations are intercepting data transfers. Espionages are prying on us continuously. If you send the program on the open line, there is a possibility of it being stolen halfway through."

"Damn!" Jin said in an annoyed tone forgetting his usual gentle manner, "is there any alternative?"

"Why, you can't go on any of our ships?"

"I have a helicopter with me," said Jin.
"I can try if there is a ship nearby."

"Hold on a bit, then." Larry brought a file from the table. It contained reports on the movements of NUMA's various ships. He turned a few pages and then said to Jin, "there is a ship.  Sea-squirrel, in the North Sea surveying the northern coast. It is anchored ten miles off the east coast of the Netherlands. There it is, at a distance of forty miles from Amsterdam."

"Then it is possible to go there," said Jin, "you talk to the ship, Larry. We will be there in fifteen minutes!"

"Okay." Larry gave Jin the coordinates of the ship. Then said,
"I am also going to NUMA headquarters. I will wake up Venus and inform you."

The sea squirrel was glistening in the deck light.
It looks as if a festival was going on there.

The lights were to help the helicopter landing.

The helicopter approached and circled the ship once. Arya then began to slowly lower the helicopter onto the deck.

"We are supposed to come exactly here?" asked Tina, eyes wide in suspicion. After looking closely, the vessel did not seem to be a regular ship in her eyes.

Jin nodded, "no doubt, this is the Sea Squirrel."

Tina was not wrong to suspect. At first glance, the sea squirrel looks more like a drilling platform than a ship. The sea squirrel was a SWATH.
This means Small Waterplane Area Twin Hull Ship- these types of ships are specially designed for research and underwater surveys.

This ship is superior to any other twin-hull ship that was built on the catamaran concept.
It has two buoy-like tubes to float the whole structure which remains underwater. The whole superstructure is placed like a platform on them.
That's where the illusion of it being e drilling platform come from.

Whether it looks like a normal ship or not, SWATH ships float more safely than any other watercraft. Because of the space between the twin hulls, there are always two or three waves pattern below the ship, canceling each other's effects; due to the low waterline volume, the time to impact of waves or the extent of their impact space is also very low—resulting in a smooth and steady environment inside the ship in rough seas too.

As soon as the helicopter landed on the deck, two people approached the guests to greet them. Arya turned off the engine and faced them.

The older gentleman of the two was the ship's captain, he smiled and said, "welcome to Sea-Squirrel, Mr. Kim.  Do you recognize me?"

"Matt Dylan...how can I forget you?" Jin bowed respectfully. Jin was NUMA's honourary project director, of course, he knows almost all of them by now.

"I haven't seen you since the annual meeting last year." Captain Dylan commented and reached his hand to Jin.

Jin shook hands with Captain Dylan, then introduced him to his two companions.

The captain also introduced his mate, "this is David Weber—my first officer."

"Nice to meet you," Weber shook hands with everyone.

Jin came to work as soon as the formalities came to an end, "did Larry King say what do you have to do?"

"Just that you will do some work on the ship's computer. But I understand that if it was not something urgent, you are not supposed to come like this in the middle of the night."

"I will explain everything later, please take us to the computer section. We don't have much time."

"Okay, come on." Dylan led the way.

"I was worried about how to get on the ship," Jin said while following Dylan, "you guys are supposed to have your chopper on the deck,
right? Where is that?"

"Went to the mainland with the crew," said Dylan, "during the last two months, we have been busy with the survey without any rest. Today is the first time I allowed my crews to go to the mainland. So most of the people left. There are only eight people left on board now."

"Good thing that they went with the helicopter. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to land on the helipad."

On one side of the deck, there was a huge winch that hangs a one-man
Triton mini-submarine. Arya asked noticing it while crossing, "what is it for?"

Weber replied this time, "we are doing an underwater survey, we have to dive underwater many times a day.
that's why it was brought."

Arya and Tina looked at the submarine curiously. It was named after a Greek God, the appearance also reflected its strength. 
A small iron monster was this Triton - made of steel, forty-four feet long, five and a half feet high. The cockpit area was made of spherical fiberglass, which looks like a fish bowl. Two mechanical arms came out from either side of the body, stretched forward. Various samples are collected from sea beds by those.

The team entered the superstructure past the weather deck.
A little further down a narrow corridor, Dylan opened a door to the left—on the other side, there was the
ship's computer section.

The captain showed a computer, "this computer has been prepared for you."

Pulling a chair and sitting in front of it, Tina entered the anti-virus CD in the drive and then got busy removing the backdoor.

Jin asked Dylan for a satellite phone and called Larry King.

"Hello?"

"Larry, It's Seokjin. are you ready there?"

"Yes, Venus is on standby. Have you uploaded the program?"

"There's a bit of work to be done on that. We need half an hour. You
Be ready, I will tell you when to start the distribution."

"Okay, I'm waiting."

At that very moment, Douglas Bullock was sitting with another phone to his ear.
Listening carefully to the other party.  He slowly nodded his head.
Then he said, "Thank you."

"Found something?" asked Theo aka Alpha-One, he was bandaging Carter's hand.

"I spoke to air traffic control," Bulldog said. "They were able to track the helicopter until it crossed the coast."

"Coast?" Elisa frowned, "they went to sea?"

Bulldog nodded.

"But why?"

"Must have gone to a ship," guessed Bulldog. "They'll try to send the Anti-virus everywhere from there."

"Why ship? Couldn't they try it from the mainland?"

"There must be some extra benefit there." Said  Bulldog, "and speaking of extra benefit, there is only one thing that comes to my mind- NUMA! They have one ultra-sophisticated supercomputer. I think Seokjin wants to do the work with the help of that computer."

Elisa said in a surprised voice, "NUMA? Isn't it an American
Government agency? Why should they help Seokjin?"

"Say no more," said Bulldog in an irritated voice. Director of NUMA,
Admiral George Anderson and all his men are pure humanitarian beings.
They do not care about the interests of America, they think about the world. Kim Seokjin is also the Honorary Project Director there; 
I already know that they will help Seokjin if they have the opportunity. That's why I forbade you to give a copy of the anti-virus to every agency except NUMA. They put us in very uncomfortable positions several times without any remorse!"

"But now they are getting the anti-virus," Carter said, "not only that, they are going to spread it to the whole world."

"They can't," said Bulldog sternly,
"It won't take me five minutes to figure out where did they go. I can gather a team immediately..."

"Huh, team?" chirped Theo sarcastically, "we have already seen in Duivendrecht what your 'team' can do."

"And what did your team show a little earlier?" Bulldog got up and asked in a fury.

"It was your show, not ours. We did exactly what you told us to do. That's why all the troubles happened. Now let us be as we are. You will see how will we take down that Kim Seokjin!"

"In this injured condition?" Bulldog grimaced, "you couldn't even touch his hair when you were healthy on the Montego Ice Shelf."

"It was our learning period for Seokjin. We have already learned. This time there will be no more mistakes. And about our injury?"
Alpha-One's face was full of violence, "a wounded tiger is the most dangerous out there, you know that?"

Bulldog was silent.

Theo looked at Alpha-Three, "Melvin, bring a chopper quickly along with plenty of weapons and ammunition.  This time, we'll not let Kim Seokjin and Araya Akaishi get away!"

[Can you sense it? This book is coming to an end...How would you like it to end? God I am not ready to say Arya and Jin goodbye yet!!!😔😔😔]

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro