1 - Scattered Pages

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Reason Why I Hate Kai #1: He's the most arrogant person I've met.

I was quietly trying to read my old tattered copy of Stargazer on the staircase. My things were all in my bag, I only used my incredibly organized locker in the morning and at the end of school. I liked having everything with me.

I was suddenly aware of a large group making their way down the stairs. It was Lloyd Garmadon and his friends. Lloyd was generally hated by our school society. Probably because of his evil warlord of a father, To be perfectly honest I didn't totally care. I stopped caring about most things a long time ago.

Friends weren't a thing I did anymore. And that's just the sad truth.

Anyway, at the front was Kai Smith. I'd be lying if I said I didn't competently despise every fibre of his being. Maybe it was his tendency to flirt. Maybe it was his playboy attitude. Maybe it was the fact that everyone was head over heels for him.

Unlike me. I was just the weird girl. I didn't totally mind. The farther away from me the better.

But it seemed so easy for Kai. Friends, admirers, fame. He just cruised through it like it was nothing. Breaking hearts, smashing dreams. And he was a total arrogant jerk.

Suddenly my book was snatched from my hands. I raised my head to glare at the thief. None other than Kai himself. He wore a smug smirk when I met his irritating golden brown gaze.

"Excuse me, I believe that is mine." I said. Calm before the storm. I could play cool for awhile. Lying was my second nature.

He flipped over the paperback so he could get a good look at it. "Stargazer?" He snorted. "What is it? Some sort of romance?"

"An intergalactic sci-fi actually." I corrected. I stood. "Book-now."

I held out my hand. "How many times have you read this?" Kai flipped through the pages. I stiffened. It wasn't in the most mint condition and required gently handling. It was my favourite book and I didn't want his grimy fingers on it.

"Over one hundred and fifty." My eyes locked on the book. "Give it back or I'll hit you, you utter jerk face."

I glanced at his posse behind him. I spotted a familiar face. "Hey Moron." I nodded to Jay. He was usually assigned as my partner in check since he sat right next to me. He was a little shy, awkward, and generally a nervous person. He was the closest thing I had to a friend.

"Hi Isla." He said awkwardly with a lopsided smile.

Kai raised an eyebrow. "Can I be a moron instead of jerk face?"

"Already are egghead." I crossed my arms. "Besides when I say it him it's more of a term of endearment since he's one of the few tolerable people in the school whereas you're the most irritating person I've ever met."

He rolled his eyes and tossed my book to me. Well he tried to do a little flip thing with it but the force caused some of the pages to fall out and they sprayed across the floor.

My eyes widened. Cole cursed as Kai looked terrified at the book scattered across the hallway.

I clenched my fists and bent to pick up the pages. When I gathered them all I shot a glare at Kai.

"I am so sorry!" He rushed to say.

"Save it." I snapped, trying in vain to get the pages back in place.

"Oh fudge dude." Jay mumbled when I shoved past Kai, the pages flying behind me like bread crumbs.

As I've told you, I don't really do friends so I had no one to rant to unfortunately. Well I did but it seems sort of sad. But with the overwhelming need to slice off every one of Kai's fingers I had to let it out somehow before I did something that wasn't exactly abiding the law.

So I went to the janitor. Laugh all you want but he has been my pal since I started in this school and been with me before I became the isolated person I was. Harry was a year younger than my dad. He had shaggy brown hair and beard with sparkling pale green eyes.

At lunch I found him mopping by the side entrance and I ran quickly over.

"Isla," he greeted me with a smile. "Remember if we're going to talk you have to..."

"Clean. I know." It was rare for me to smile around here but my lips seemed to be turning into one anyways. I took the spray bottle and cloth her presented to me and began wiping down the windows.

Harry leaned against his mop. "So, who's bothering you now?"

I sighed. "Aunt Helen is still trying to get dad to date so he's been avoiding the house more, I think he misses being a stay at home parent." I started as I rubbed a finger print.

"Leif's birthday party is soon, he's going total ninja this year apparently but I'm not sure if we'll be able to afford the party he deserves." I bit my lip at the mention of my five year old brother.

Harry nodded understandingly.

"Oh yeah," my face suddenly turned dark. "And stupid Kai Smith ruined my favourite book."

Harry pressed his lips together to keep from laughing. I shot him a glare.

"I'm sorry!" He raised his hands in surrender. "It's just a little funny, everyone loves Kai so it's just amusing how much you hate him."

"He's an obnoxious idiot." I muttered, aggressively scrubbing a mark.

Harry shook his head. "Don't judge to fast Isla. You know that Lloyd Garamdon kid? Everyone has him pegged for the same evil warlord as his father but he's just a sweet as you pretend you're not."

"Hey, that's just between you and me." I said jokingly.

"Kai is actually very close with Lloyd. He can be a bit like you with Leif...a little protective but then again they're typical teenage boys so they do a lot of teasing and shoving each other around as well." He laughed.

"Honestly, I will never understand the male race." I muttered.

I took out my phone and glanced at the time. "I gotta go Harry, thanks for the talk!"

Harry smiled warmly. "You're welcome Isla."

A/N*****

Here's chapter one! If you didn't read this in my announcement on my discussion story or on the description this story takes place before the events of the Ninjago movie. So they still have their secret identities, Lloyd's still known as the son of an evil warlord and Garmadon is still bad.

Just clearing that up.

LuckyBugBooks 🐞

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro