8~Betterment

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The police went and dragged Venky again to the police station. "Sir ab kya hua? Abhi dobara kiun?" (Sir what happened now? What happened again?) he asked worriedly. "Tu ne kuchh nahi bataya lekin teri behen Preesha ne sab bata diya, ke tere paas ek blue ring thi, woh blue tiger ki ring thi jo ke tujhe khud Preeta  ne di thi, ab bol, kahan hai woh ring?" (You didn't tell anything but your sister Preesha told everything, that you did have a blue ring, it was a blue tiger ring which was gifted to you by Preeta  herself, now speak up, where is that ring?) asked the inspector. "Sir, m sorry ke maine chhupaya, aur haan Preeta  ne di thi mujhe woh ring, par woh poori tarah damage ho chuki thi kaafi pehle, toh maine phenk di," (Sir, m sorry that I hid about this, and yes Preeta  only gave me that ring, but it got damaged some time ago so I discarded it) Venky said. "Jhoot! Phir ek jhoot! Bech di ho gi zaroor Preeta  ke saath woh kaand kar ke," (Lie! Once again a lie! You might have sold it after committing that heinous crime with Preeta )  the inspector said angrily.

"Main kiun bechoon ga apni pyaari behen ki di hui koi cheez? Woh toh meri behen Preesha se bhi ziada mere dil ke kareeb hai," (Why will I sell something given to me by my dear sister? She is even more nearer to my heart than Preesha is) Venky said. "Dil ke nahi hai woh kareeb tere, adopted behen hai, woh tujhse uncomfortable thi humesha se, woh tere aas paas baithna tak pasand nahi karti thi school mein, hospital mein bhi teri wajah se panic kar gayi woh, aur iska kya saboot hai ke woh ring Preeta  ne hi di thi kisi aur ne nahi? Preeta  toh kuchh bol nahi pa rahi hai, toh tu hi bataye ga ke sach kya hai, bol!" (She is not near your heart, she is your adopted sister, she was always uncomfortable around you, she didn't even like to sit around you in school, she even panicked in hospital because of you, and what's the proof that the blue tiger ring was given to you by Preeta  only and not someone else? She can't speak anything, so now you'll only tell what's the truth, tell!) the inspector said angrily.

"Par sir woh ring Preeta  ne he di thi," (But sir that ring was given by Preeta  only) Venky said. "Aisay nahi maanay ga tu, constable, le kar jao isay lock up mein aur itna peeto ke ye sab sach ugal day," (You will not agree like this, constable, take him to lock up and beat him so much that he tells everything) ordered the inspector. "Sir nahi sir, main sach bol raha hoon, bhallay woh mere aas paas comfortable nahi thi aur na he hai, par woh ring usi ne di thi, sir aap toh poora ilzaam mujh par daal rahay hain, aray uss Dev ka kya jo ke abhi dost hai lekin pehle uska bully tha?" (Sir no sir, I am telling the truth, I know she wasn't comfortable near me neither is she now, but she only gave that ring, sir you're blaming it totally on me, what about Dev who is now a friend but was a bully earlier?) Venky asked.

"Haan toh woh ab Preeta  ke saath achha hai, Preeta  tere saath school ke zamanay mein bhi uncomfortable thi aur aaj bhi hai," (Yes so he is good with Preeta  now, Preeta  was uncomfortable with you then also and now also) the inspector said. "Sir woh naatak karta hai, aray sirf Preeta  he uska target nahi, sab he rahay hain, aaj tak jis ko bhi bully kiya us se us ne kabhi dosti nahi ki hai sir, phir Preeta  se kiun? Kuchh toh gandagi ho gi na uske dil mein? Kuchh toh chahta ho ga na us se?" (Sir he's only pretending, not only Preeta  was his target, everyone were, he never befriended anyone he bullied, so then why Preeta ? He might be having some dirt in his heart, right? He also might be wanting something from her) Venky said and the inspector got more angry. "Constable! Suna nahi tum ne? Daalo isay lock up mein!" (Constable! Didn't you hear? Put him inside the lock up!) ordered the inspector again and Venky was taken away to the lock up.

The police again went to Dev's house. "Suna hai aaj tak kabhi kisi bully se dosti nahi ki, phir Preeta  se kiun ki thi?" (I have heard that you never befriended anyone you bullied, then why Preeta ?) asked the inspector. "Sir mere khayaal se na main aap ko pehle bhi bata chuka hoon ke ek raat school mein annual function tha, uss raat main chhat se gira tha, aur unfortunately neeche gir ke bhi behosh nahi hua tha, aur mujhe help ki zaroorat thi aur Preeta  ne meri help ki thi, mujhe hospital mein pohnchaya tha aur bohat khayaal rakha tha mera, aur usi din na, humari dosti ki shuruwaat hui thi," (Sir I think I have told you before as well that one night there was annual function in school, that night I fell from the roof, and unfortunately even after falling I didn't went unconscious, and I needed help and Preeta  helped me, and she took me to hospital and took good care of me, and that day only our friendship began)

Dev told him.

"Ye toh hum ko bhi pata hai, lekin zara detail se batao na, us din tum giray kaise, Preeta  ko dikhay kaisay, woh friendship ke liye maani kaise, aur agar kuchh miss kar diya na, toh woh bhi bata," (Even I know this, but tell in detail, how you fell that day? How were you spotted by Preeta ? How did she agree for friendship? And if you have missed something, tell that also) said the inspector. "Sir main uss raat school gaya tha, aur annual function tha, uss raat ko kisi student ko bol kar Preeta  ko chhat par bulaya tha main ne," (Sir I went to school that night, and it was annual function, and I called Preeta  on roof through a student) Dev said.

Flashback :

"Sunn, Alia, ek kaam hai, tumhe Preeta  ko upar bhejna hai mere paas chhat pe, aur haan, mera naam nahi lena, bas kehna ke kisi ne aap ko chhat pe bulaya hai," (Listen, Alia, I have some work, you have to send Preeta  on roof to me, and yes, don't take my name, just say that someone called you on roof) Dev said. "Par Dev bhaiya," (But Dev brother) she was cut in between by him. "Kya hua? Nahi bolna? Theek hai, main woh gift kisi aur ko de doon ga, koi aur kar de ga mera kaam," (What happened? You won't say? Okay, I will give that gift to someone else someone else will do my work) he said and began to leave. "Dev bhaiya," (But Dev brother) she said calling after him and he turned to her with a smirk. "Main ye kaam karne ke liye tayaar hoon," (I am ready to do this work) she said and he nodded, she went away. He watched her go and tell Preeta  to go upstairs and smiled.

Preeta  went upstairs to the roof and Alia came back to him. "Main ne woh kar diya jo aap ne kaha," (I did what you told me to do) she said innocently and he came out of the hiding and smiled at her. "Good girl," he said and gave her the chocolate. "Thank you," she said and ran after taking the chocolate. Dev climbed upstairs and reached the roof and closed the door behind him. Preeta  searched the roof to see who called her but found no one. Dev whistled and she turned and got scared seeing him. He came near her.

"Dev tum? Tum ne kiun bulaya hai mujhe yahan? Dekho Dev, mujhe kuchh mat karna, pehle bhi tum ne mujhe pool mein giraya aur main doobte doobte bachi, main chal rahi thi aur tum ne apni taang aar mein la kar mujhe gira diya mujhe chot lag sakti thi, kiun paray ho mere peechhe? Kya bigaara hai main ne tumhara?" (Dev you? Why have you called me here? Look Dev, don't do anything to me, first you made me fall in pool and I was about to drown, I was walking and you made me fall and I could've got hurt, why are you after me? What have I done to you?) she asked him angrily. "Bigaara toh kuchh nahi hai baby, lekin bas tu hai hi itni bholi bhaali ke tujhe tang karne mein bohat maza aata hai," (You haven't ruined anything baby, just that you're so innocent and I have a lot of fun in irritating you) Dev said tracing his finger on her jawline and she moved away from him.

"How dare you Dev? Don't you dare to touch me, I warned you before also," she warned. "Oh really sweetheart?" he asked holding her hands tightly and she struggled to make him leave. "Choro mujhe! Choro!" (Leave me! Leave!) she said and pushed him and he fell on the floor. She took advantage of this and hid herself. He stood up to find her. "Preetuuu," he called out and she palmed her mouth to prevent any voice. "Preeta ! Dekho bahar aa jao, main keh raha hoon tum se," (Preeta ! Look come outside, I am telling you) he said and she cried while hiding. "Preeta ! Aray main tumhara shubhchintak hoon," (Preeta ! I am your well wisher) he shouted and she got scared and sobbed, he heard it and saw a part of her dress where she was hiding.

He sat in front of her and peeped inside the hideout, she got scared. "Bahar aa,"(come out) he said to her and she looked on. "Bahar aaja!" (come outside) he said rudely and she shook her head. "Kya hua? Arayyyy, aisay nahi aye gi, ruk," (What happen? Ohhh, you won't come like this, wait) he said and extended his hand towards her and held her wrist pulling her out and she resisted but he managed to get her out. "Kya kar rahay ho? Kiun kar rahay ho ye sab? Please just leave me, please, agar tum ne mujhe nahi chhora, toh main jaan de doon gi apni," (What are you doing? Why are you doing all this? Please just spare me please, if you don't spare me, I will give away my life) she said just to scare him but then her foot twisted and she was about to fall but he got hold of her in the nick of time.

"Aray kya kar rahi hai? Pagla gayi hai kya? Jaan de de gi? Kuchh bhi? Aray woh aaj tujhe apnay bed tak le jaana chahta hai," (Hey what are you doing? Have you gone mad? Anything? He wants you to take you to bed today) he said and pulled her away from the corner of the roof. "Kaun? Kis ki baat kar rahay ho tum?" (Who? Who are you talking about?) she asked. He was about to tell. Venky reached there and saw Dev holding Preeta 's hand. "Dev! Chhor do usay please!" (Dev! Leave her please) he said and began to near them. "Venky bhaiya," she said cryingly as he neared them and slapped Dev. "Tu ne meri behen ko yahan bulaya? Akele mein? Kiun? Kya karne wala tha iske saath?" (You called my sister here? In loneliness? Why? What were you about to do with her?) he said and punched Dev brutally.

"Venky bhaiya chhoro usay, please," (Venky bro leave him please) she said trying to stop their fight. "Nahi! Aaj main isay nahi chhorun ga," (No! I won't leave him today) Venky said and beated him aggressively. "Venky bhaiya please," she pleaded and he pushed her away and she got hurt. "Dekh lo, hurt toh abhi aap kar rahay ho mujhe, ek second, kaheen tum dono milay huay toh nahi? Ye tum dono ki chaal hai, tum dono ke he iraaday galat hain," (See, you're the one hurting me, one second, are you both a team? This is a trap by both of you, both of yours intentions are wrong) she said angrily. "Agar main is se mila hua hota toh isay maar raha hota kya?" (If I would've been in his team so would I have been beating him like this?) he said.

"Woh sab mujhe nahi pata, aap bhi iske saath milay huay ho, band karo ye maarne ka naatak," (I don't know all that, you are in his team, stop this fighting drama) she said and pushed away Venky from Dev who stood up from the floor. "Main tujhe kuchh kar sakta hoon kabhi? Aray main bhai hoon tera, main tere liye jaan de bhi sakta hoon aur jaan le bhi sakta hoon,"(Can I do something like that to you ever? I am your brother, I can even give away my life for you and I can also take someone's life for you) he said and pushed Dev away and he fell from the roof shocking Preeta . She stood at the edge and saw him in the pool of his own blood. She looked at Venky. "Par main kisi ki jaan nahi le sakti," (But I can't take someone's life) she said and ran downstairs.

She saw Dev who wasn't unconscious but was badly wounded. She went to help him. "Dev, uth jao, main tum ko kuchh nahi honay doon gi, bhallay tum mere bully ho, lekin tum ne bhi toh meri jaan bachayi jab main girne wali thi," (Dev, get up, I won't let anything happen to you, it doesn't matter if you are my bully, but you also saved my life when I was about to fall) she said and helped him to the hospital and soon he was stable. "Thank you, lekin main chhat pe bula kar kuchh galat nahi karna chahta tha, tum ne woh hide and seek kar ke serious bana diya isko," (Thank you, but when I called you on roof I didn't want to do anything wrong, you made it all serious by playing hide and seek) he said and she giggled. He too laughed. "Oh really? Phir mujhe aisay touch kiun kara? Ye sab kya tha?" (Oh really? Then why did you touch me like that? What was that?) she asked. "Bas tum yoon samjho ke woh sab ek chaal thi," (You just have to understand that all that was just a trick) he told her. "Kaisi chaal?" (What kind of trick)

she asked.

"Tum ko bachanay ki chaal," (A trick to save you) he told her and she was confused. "Par kis se?"(But by who?) she asked. "Woh main nahi bata sakta, aur haan. Aaj se main aur tum dono dost hain, aur aaj ke baad main tumhe kabhi bully nahi karoon ga, har bully se bachaun ga tum ko," (I can't tell all that, and yes. From today we both are friends, I won't ever bully you from today onwards, I will save you from every bully) he said and they smiled.

Fb end.

"Yahi hai poori baat, main us din Venky ki wajah se gira tha, usi ne dhakka diya tha mujhe, lekin phir bhi main ne us par attempt to murder ke charges nahi lagaye aur usay jaane diya kiun ke woh Preeta  ka bhai hai," (This was the full story, I fell that day because of Venky, he only pushed me, but even then I didn't charged a case on him for an attempt to murder and let him go because he is Preeta 's brother) Dev said. "Kaash ke laga detay, jail ki hawa khaata toh theek rehta woh, ye sab nahi karta, hum ko pura yakeen hai ke usi ne kiya hai ye sab," (I wish that you should have charged him with that case, if he would've been imprisoned for sometime, he would've changed, he wouldn't have done all this, I have full trust that he did all this) the inspector said.

"Sir, lagta nahi hai ke us ne kiya, mujhe Preeta  ne ek aur banday ka naam bataya tha jo us pe buri nazarein daalay baitha tha," (Sir, I don't think he has done all this Preeta  told me about one more person who had a bad gaze on her) Dev told him. "Kaun?" (Who?) asked the inspector. "Dr. Shergill," Dev said. "Kahan milay ga ye Dr. Shergill?" (Where can I meet Dr. Shergill?) asked the inspector. "Sir ye ek dermatologist hai, ek baar Preeta  ko back rash ho gaya tha, us ne bataya tha mujhe, ab sir aap ye shak nahi karna ke mujhe ye sab pata hai aur Karan ko nahi, Karan us waqt uski life mein tha he nahi," (Sir he is a dermatologist, once Preeta  had got a back rash, she had told me, but sir don't doubt that I know all this and not Karan, he wasn't in her life at that time) Dev said.

"Hmm, agay bolo, hua kya tha?" (Hmm, tell further, what had happened?) inspector asked. "Usay back rash tha toh woh us ko he dikhaane gayi thi, aur us doctor ne usay ganda touch kiya, woh samjhi ke woh normal touch hai, lekin 2 3 sitting lagi aur baar baar aisa honay par us ne doctor change kiya," (She had a back rash so she had went to him only to consult him, and that doctor gave her a bad touch, she thought it's a normal touch, but it took two to three sittings and after it happened for thrice, she changed the doctor) he said. Inspector went away from there.

Preeta  moved her lips and Karan saw that. "Preeta ? Kya hua? Kuchh kehna chahti ho?" (Preeta ? What happen? Do you want to say something?) he asked. She lifted her hand and removed her oxygen mask, he was surprised. "Karan," she spoke and he got happy and hugged her lifting her back from the bed.

"Karan," she said again and he tightened the hug. "I am so happy Preeta , tum paralysis se finally uth gayi, I am really happy," (I am so happy Preeta , you finally recovered from the paralysis, I am really happy) he said. "Ahhh, Karan," she said painfully and he realized she would be now feeling the pain. "Oh sorry sorry," he said and carefully lied her back and called the doctor. The doctor came and checked her. "Congratulations, aap ka pyaar he in ko wapis laaya hai, bas ab kuchh ghanto'n ke liye observation mein rakhein gay, phir aap in ko ghar le ja saktay hain," (Congratulations, your love only brought her back, now we will keep her in observation for some hours, then you can take her home) said the doctor. "Thank you doctor," he said and the doctor went. Preeta  turned on her side by difficulty and looked at Karan who was looking down. "Tum darr gaye thay?" (Were you scared?) she asked. "Of course, mere toh pairo'n ke neeche se jaise zameen he khisak gayi thi, apni jan ko aisi haalat mein dekhna qayamat se kam nahi tha, tumhe aisay dekhne se meri jaan nikal rahi thi kiun ke meri jaan ko meri jaan se alag kar diya gaya tha," (Of course, it was as if the ground beneath my feet was no more there, it wasn't more than an earthquake for me to see my love in this condition, seeing you like that was like snatching my life from me because my love was getting separated from my life) he said. "Lekin phir tum ne meri jaan bachayi bhi toh sahi na Karan," (But then you also saved my life Karan) she said and he shook his head. "Nahi, main ne apni jaan bachayi, meri jaan tum mein basti hai," (No, I saved my life, my life lies within you) he said and she smiled.

She sat up by difficulty and he helped her giving her support and raised the bed. "Karan, main bohat lucky hoon ke mere paas tum jaisa husband hai, doosray husband kaisay hotay hain na, galti larki ki nahi hoti phir bhi mental aur physical torture kar kar ke jeetay jee maar daaltay hain, I love you so much Karan, thank you mera itna khayal rakhne ke liye, mujhe itna support karne ke liye, main jab bol nahi paati thi toh sab samajhne ke liye, thank you," (Karan, I am very lucky to have a husband like you, how other husbands are, it ain't a girl's fault but still by torturing her mentally and physically, they kill her alive, I love you so much Karan, thanks for taking so much care of me, for supporting me so much, for understanding me when I couldn't speak, thank you) she said and hugged him cryingly. He hugged her back. "Preeta , tum please mat ro, main humesha hoon tumhare saath, tumhara saaya ban kar, sorry uss din main tum ko bacha nahi saka, tum ko andar bhej kar khud kaayar ki tarha bahar khara raha main, tum meri wajah se takleef mein ho," (Preeta , you please don't cry, I am always with you, like a shadow, sorry I couldn't save you that day, I stood outside like a coward and sent you inside, you're in pain because of me) he said. "Nahi, main sirf uss insaan ki wajah se takleef mein hoon Karan, mujhe uss ne bohat takleef di hai, itna torture kiya hai, tum soch bhi nahi saktay, woh bohat ganda hai, bohat hurt hui hoon main, mera jism kal ko hurt karna band kar de ga, lekin jo ye dil pe daag lag gaya, ye kaise hattay ga?" (No, I am in pain only because of that person Karan, he has caused me so much pain, he has tortured me a lot, you can't even think of it, he is very bad, I have been very hurt, my body may stop hurting tomorrow, but this scar on my heart, how will it go?) she asked.

"Waqt har zakhm bhar deta hai Preeta , aur phir toh main bhi hoon na tumhare saath, tumhe main itna pyaar doon ga itna pyaar ke tum apni har ek takleef bhool jao gi, ek din tum ye sab bhool jao gi, dekhna, aur woh din bhi door nahi hai Preet," (Time heals every wound Preeta , and then I am also there with you, I will give you so much love that you will forget your every pain, one day you will forget all this, you'll see, and that day isn't far Preet) he said and she didn't break the hug for a very long time and kept crying on his shoulder. He too kept holding her in his strong arms protectively, he didn't want to ask her even now that who was that person, that predator who did all this to his lady love as he feared one more panic attack.

Soon he felt that all her weight was on him and she had slept on his shoulder. He lied her on the bed carefully and lowered the bed to straighten her back. He wiped her tears and covered her with the blanket. He kissed her hands and held her hand and kept sitting there for a very long time watching her sleep peacefully after crying too much.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro