Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Y/n's P.O.V)

Woke up in my room with Sun rays hitting my face. It was a brand new day with a brand new start. I looked up at the calendar casually to check the date; it stated '13th July 2137' I was officially 20 years old today. I got up from the bed making my way straight to the bathroom.

Thinking about what superpower to choose. I stripped away from my clothes, walking in to have a shower.

Having shower thoughts while doing so. Ain't it funny? That at the starting of the 22nd century every person is allowed to have a superpower. How did it all start? Oh! I know, only because the scientists discovered how to mutate a human body to give them some amazing superpowers. It was meant to be a secret till the government decided to make it public and gift every citizen, the liberty to have one power each, which is what I suppose people get according to what their job is going to be like.

Like, CEOs of the company are most probable to have fast typing power, fast calculating power, or other stuff like being able to produce the hologram of their ideas in seconds. It is quite helpful though.

And other things like lawyers, detectives, etc. could read minds and human emotions. And the police will have fast speed. And all these require proper coordination or else the system will collapse totally. And for that, we have the peacemakers. Who technically takes care of it.

Technology changed it all. I remember mom talking about the time when my grandma was born. Which was I suppose the 21st century? Was it 2000? Or oh, I remember now, my grandma was born in 2004. It's good that she is not alive. Or else it would have been quite shocking for her.

I stepped out of the shower. And wrapped my body with the towel. And took a brief look at myself in the mirror and I couldn't be more thankful that I lost 20kgs in just 4 months. My mom's remedy always works. Her superpower gives her the ability to know the solution to almost all the problems through remedies. She was about to take the fast runner ability but she had to give that up. The reason? She was pregnant with me.

I am grateful that Mom gave up that dream for me.

I got my curves back and my height, skin tone, and face cut go so well with it. I got back the figure I had almost 9 months ago. You know, this is what we call falling in love with yourself. I know the break I took from school was long enough to recover from my broken right arm after that jerk called 'Yuna', who "accidentally" could not stop her car and crashed onto me while I was just standing on the footpath. I knew she had a strong distaste for me. But it's just too much. I could have just dealt and fought with her but unfortunately, she got her power of being an athlete which means being able to make one's body damn light and walking on places that would generally break if one walks on. I guess she could also make her body weigh 5 times heavier than ever. which I don't wanna deal with.

My thoughts just continued to trail even while I was wearing my dress which was a normal hoodie and a pair of jeans. I was officially dragged out of my train of thoughts as I heard my mom shout my name. I looked over at the clock which pointed at 7:45 am which means I have only 20 minutes till the first class starts. This made me run out of my room with my school bag with me. I made a run to the kitchen, picked up an apple, and rush outside while informing my mom about my departure.

"Eomma, I don't have time for breakfast and I will eat the apple I took. Bye." And slam the door while running out of it.

Leaving her disappointed again as I skipped my breakfast.

She just stood there shaking her head side to side while mumbling "This girl will never change."

Running to the bus stop to wait for my bus which is going to pass in front of my face if I don't make it in 2 minutes. I made it on time, as I see the bus making its way to the stop. I bent down and huffed some air out and took in some deep breaths.

The bus stopped in front of me and soon I was in it. Taking a vacant seat while plugging my earphones in, to vibe on some music and use it as an escape from the world I am going to face.

Looking out of the window observing people using their powers and doing their daily jobs. Everything felt so magical and boring...

The bus made a stop and that was my stop.

At University

Walking up to my seat arranging everything in their place. And putting my head on my arms as I  laid my head down, getting irritated by the murmuring of my co-students.

Then, up came the professor, he cleared his throat to grab our attention. I stood up as soon as I saw him, paying him some respect only to be followed up by the others. I was always the adorable one for our homeroom teacher. "Today we are having a new student in our class." He announced as he looked at the entranced.

He nodded at the student who was standing at the entrance. A boy who looked way too young yet too manly for his age walked in. He had his bangs down and looked almost similar to a coconut. Which is very adorable. He bit on his lips while looking up at us. "Introduce yourself." Mr. Kim told him.

"Hello, I am Jeon Jungkook. I am 21 this year, hopefully, we can be good friends at the end." He said with a smile.

And there I saw his adorable bunny teeth.

"Go take a seat." Mr. Kim informed him while pointing out a seat beside me. It's good that only one student can sit on one bench. I looked around already seeing the girls thirsting over him.

I sighed, realizing, there was nothing I could do to get this cute guy to be mine.

"Ms. Y/n." our professor asked for my attention, "Yes, sir." As I stood up. "Happy birthday. May your day get filled with happiness today." He wished me getting me to smile and look down. "Thank you, sir," I said as I sat back down not caring about the amount of attention I grasped.

And the class began...

A/n: Edited Finally!!! ^^

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro