0. you seem familiar.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

0. you seem familiar.

LIFE HAS A WAY OF THROWING A CURVEBALL AT you. Especially a curve ball with the label 'past'.

The harder you try to push it, the harder it comes back to you, with such a vehemence force that it knocks you down.

That's how Florence Abner feels when she sees Glenn Cardwell, looking every bit like he did in high school. Except his flannel shirt was replaced by a white tailored shirt, jeans gone for slacks, and a navy tie to complete the outfit.

In other words, put together and ready to take over the world.

Florence could feel the weight of Glenn's gaze on her, assessing her. The same way, she also stood, in her dark navy slacks and a fitted blouse, studying him back. It was a way of theirs-one did something, the other followed, and tried to pull the other one back.

"My, my Florence Abner, what have I done to be graced by your presence?" his hands were in his pocket, head tilted to the side to let the sunlight glint on his dirty blonde hair. The look in his eyes was calculating, probably thinking how to find her weak point, and crush her.

Foolish man.

"Glenn Cardwell. I see your introductory lines are still rusted. Just as the old days."

He smiled, the calculating look replaced by humor. "I see your comeback lines are also rusted, Florence Abner."

Their acquaintances from high school had always said that the banter between Glenn and Florence wasn't usual. They had an uncanny habit of using their full names to address each other.

It didn't matter that it made them look like a pair of idiots.

"You are going down this time, Glenn Cardwell."

"Oh, Florence Abner, I look forward to your tears." Leaning closer, he whispered. "Just like old times. Us competing, you losing, and me winning."

Things were definitely about to go down.

||

[A/N] hello, everyone! yes, i am back but not exactly. i am testing the waters with this story so let's see what happens. the story is not planned yet, but i have a basic idea of what it is going to be. the chapters will be longer, and hopefully i can pull off the comedy element well. all in all, i hope you enjoy the story! also, let's thanks fartette for a beautiful cover. thank you, lovely.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro