3. For the Love of

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Emara Stone

What in the actual hell is he doing here?

I stop breathing as I watch Dakota in his sleek black suit, walking onto the stage like an evil lord possessed with success and luxury.

And suddenly, I don't feel so good.

My heart is pumping fast at abnormal speed, and my stomach, it's clenching and unclenching like I just got diarrhea.

I wanna go.

I don't want to graduate.

I want to change my city and colour my hair neon green so he couldn't identify me or my gender.. Ever!

"Emara, that's your boss! Dakota Black!" Ethan reminds me happily, as if I missed his grand entrance.

I narrow my eyes at my smiling idiotic brother, who doesn't know he is fanboying over the barbaric King, who tortured his cute little sister for a week in his unescapable castle.

"Why don't you go up there and do a tap dance for him?" I hiss back. And why the fuck he is getting all happy for?

"Why do you always have to act like a bitch?" He scowls in return.

"Queen Bitch." I correct him, folding my arms which just wants to go strangle that bastard on the stage.

Like a superstar, Dakota waves his hand in the air, soaking up all the attention and inflating his massive China size ego to the size of Russia.

"Congratulation, graduates!" His voice booms through the auditorium, and the crowd erupts in cheers like he is some kind of God descended from the clouds.

I roll my eyes and sink into my seat for being forced to watch his 'I am the Best' show.

"Today, you are here because you refused to settle." Dakota pauses, giving a look of his sharp jawline to the audience, before saying, "And neither did I."

That's funny because I remember you settling for being a narcissistic dick!

'It's a privilege to get fucked by me' His words still dances in my head, and I clench my jaw in rage. I hate him so much!

"The world doesn't hand you success, it hands you obstacles.." His authoritative voice continues to echo in the hall and I observe everyone eating up his shit with mesmerised heart-eyes.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Give me that mic for five minutes and I will give a better motivational speech than the one he is reading from the back of a cereal box.

Heck, I would even throw a live demo on how to slay a dragon with my left hand and a kitchen knife.

"So never refuse to try again, and again." Dakota drives on confidently, and I couldn't help but scoff.

Sounds like a stalker's motto- Keep trying, even when they say no. Keep trying.

"Chase your dreams, even if that dream looks like your crush."

Wait, what?

Little chuckle of confusion echoes in the hall and everyone looks as confused as I am.

It's like Déjà vu! Just like those times when I was constantly thrown in front of the bus by his sudden personality changes, while trying to figure out his bipolar ass.

See... See.. This is exactly how I felt! I smirk, looking at their baffled faces.

"Lets be real.." Dakota continues, now leaning into his dark weirdness.

"You can have all the success in the world. A big house, fast car, maybe even a yacht. But what's the point of having all these expensive things when the one you desire the most has blocked you?"

The crowd bursts into laughter, while I feel my heart skip a beat. Oh, for the love of... Is he talking about me?

But then my brain kicks in, and I scoff. Nice try, bish! None of that sob story is going to get you unblocked.

"I mean, what's the point of driving the limited-edition Tesla Roadster if the passenger seat is empty?" He gets way too comfortable up there and casually discusses his rich life problems.

Oh, boo-hoo! Poor Dakota with his Tesla's empty passenger seat. Let me play a sad song on the world's tiniest violin for you!

"So yeah, go ahead chase your goals, and get that corner office with a view. But don't forget to chase the girl of your world too."

I am about three eye rolls away from screaming 'Bipolar Psycho Bitch' at this motherspeaker.

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, Dakota pulls out a piece of paper and talks something about failure, success, positivity, blah blah blah..

But then he pauses and looks at the crowd, like posing for the cameras to capture his best angle, before saying..

"HATE has four letters, but so does LOVE, and REVENGE has seven letters, but so does ROMANCE."

This.. Little.. Bitch!

I can't believe, after abusing me for a week and singing songs of revenge, he is now up here giving a TED talk on love and romance.

Bitch please.. He is not even L of LOVE or R of ROMANCE!

"You always have a choice, so choose the better side of it." He finally wraps up his speech, and I swear the entire room stands up like he is Zeus, walking on Earth.

Applause, whistles, cheers echo one after another.

Yet I sit there, glued to my spot with my arms crossed, and refusing to contribute to this circus.

Dakota happily looks around the audience, hearing to a thousand claps at a time and flashes his million dollar grin that makes me want to throw something at him.

A chair.

I want to throw my fucking chair at his 32 LED glowing teeth demon!

Suddenly, his eyes look in my direction and a playful smirk takes over his features as if he knows it's me. I narrow my eyes at him as if he can see me.

Bish, I ain't standing and clapping for you!

The only clap he is ever getting from me is the one that will land right on his arrogant face.

"Also, I forgot to mention." Dakota leans into the podium as if he remembered a key detail of his self-absorbed speech.

"Our company HighBars System is arranging a round for the fresh graduates from Computer Science branch. Interested students can contact the team, or me."

I watch everyone around me gasping and jumping on their feet, like they just received a gift from their secret Santa.

But only I know he is no Santa, he is Satan in disguise!

And just when I thought I was finally done with his show, Dakota goes to stand right beside the Director on the stage, ready to hand out the degrees too.

You got to be fucking kidding me!

🐈‍⬛ ྀི

222 Votes on this chapter and you will get a next one instantly ;)

I know.. I know.. This chapter is similar to the previous one. But hey, perspective matters a lot.

Btw, did you read Dakota's perspective book? 7 Nights with Ms. Stone

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro