4. Straight to the Point

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dakota Black

Emara.. Stubborn like a cat.

I couldn't help but smile, watching her from afar, knowing she is sitting there probably glaring at me.

I am pretty sure by now she might have figured out that my speech was aimed at her.

Being subtle is not my style.

I prefer to go full throttle, straight to the point. No tip-toeing around.

"Also, I forgot to mention." I lean into the mic, because why stop the craziness now?

"Our company HighBars System is arranging a round for the fresh graduates from Computer Science branch. Interested students can contact the team, or me."

Lies.

Well, not entirely.

It's just I haven't discussed this with my team yet, and they will be as surprised as the students in the hall. Except they won't be happy and cheering, like the ones in front of me.

I give the crowd a smile and depart away, where the Director and other faculties are standing.

"That was a great speech you choose for today, Dakota. Very inspiring for the youth." One of them said.

"It was my pleasure, sir. Anything for the college and students." I reply with a polite smile.

Honestly, my real reason for being here has nothing to do with these students or this ceremony. It's all about her.

The one who blocked me from her life, the one I couldn't get out of my head, the one who slipped through my fingers.

I was such an idiot. I had seven days to make her fall for me, seven nights to show her I have been in love with her for the past three years.

And under the influence of my revengeful personality, I fucked it up so bad.

But it's okay. I am here to fix that.

Even if I have to bend the knee, I will win her back.

I request the Director to let me hand the degrees for Computer and Science branch, just so I could have a little talk with interested students in AI about our Internship program.

Total lies..

But like they say, everything is fair in love and war.

I might have crossed all my limits when it came to getting my revenge on her, and now, I see no boundaries when it comes to winning her heart.

And I know she doesn't want me, but a man can always beg. Right?

Or plot, whatever works!

I fix my tie and step forward along with the Director as the names start rolling.

"Alyson J Adams."

A girl walks up wearing graduation gown and mortarboard, beaming with excitement. I put on my professional smile and offer a gentle handshake. "Congratulations."

I hand over the degree, and look into the camera for the obligatory photo.

Smile. Click. Next.

"John M Andrew."

Another handshake, another polite smile. But I am not here just to smile and hand out degrees. I have a personal mission.

Mission to get unblocked and hack her heart!

Names after names get called, and like on autopilot, I repeat my actions. Handshake. Pass the degree. Smile in the camera.

"Rose A Damison."

A familiar name snaps me out of the robotic motions and I glance up to see Rose walking towards me, smiling brightly. She has always been a go-to-happy and polite person of all the Damisons I have talked to.

"Congratulations, Rose." I say with a smile of my own and a gentle handshake.

"Thank you, Dakota." She twinkles back at me. I hand her the degree and we both turn to look in the camera, waiting for the flash.

"Is your brother here?" I ask her, almost inaudibly.

"Hmm." She silently hums, before passing another smile and walking away.

I keep my posture straight, shoulders square as I realize there are more eyes on me than I thought before.

Names keep rolling, and I keep up my performance, but as the clock continues to tick, my impatience grows with every passing second. When is she coming?

"Melvin S Mathews."

God, we are only at M? How long is this going to take to get to S?

"Sir, I am a big fan of you and your company." The guy in front of me says enthusiastically as I hand him his degree with a polite smile.

"I would love to work for you and HighBars. It would be like a dream come true for me." He adds excitedly and I nod, slowly pushing him forward with a light hand on his back, a clear signal to move on.

Okay. Next!

While I continue handing out degrees, the frustration bubbling inside me becomes harder to control. Each passing minute feels like an eternity, and I am seconds away from losing it.

Me and my animal, both starving to see her.

"Ethan H Stone."

My gaze shift as I hear the name. Emara's brother!

The one she tried to protect by saying my name in that whole illegal drug case.

I have never seen him during the fights, but the moment he steps on the stage, I can tell from his build that he works out.

Ethan radiates a positive energy and walks up to me confidently. I extend my hand and we exchange a firm handshake.

"Congratulations, Ethan." I say with my professional smile.

"Thank you, Mr. Black. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." He replies with genuine politeness. We both turn to the camera, and I casually rest my hand on his shoulder for a friendly picture.

Who knows, this guy could be my future brother-in-law!

"So, what did you decide about the offer?" I ask, curious about his plans.

"Well, my girlfriend and I have decided to pursue our MBAs together." He glance away nervously. "The college, the loan, everything is finalized. Maybe I'll see you after that."

"Of course. HighBar's doors will be open." I smile, impressed by his maturity.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Black." He thanks me like a true gentleman before walking away, leaving me with a sense of respect.

I like how he choose to build himself up and gain knowledge rather than someone else make him work for them. Smart move.

"Emara S Stone."

My head snaps towards the entrance as soon as her name echoes in the hall, the name which my ears have been starving to hear.

My heart skips a beat in my chest, a silent reminder that I am about to meet her.

I hold my breath like I don't need air at this moment, just her one glance.

And then she steps up in slow motion.

Fiery red hair spilling over her shoulders like fire, square hat adorning on top and that black gown flowing behind her like dark shadows.

In one look, she looks like a war Goddess descending from heaven to get her degree.

I hear deafening thuds in my ears as Emara walks towards at me with a gaze that could even burn down the hell.

Fuck.

My heart picks up its pace and I wipe my sweaty hand on my pants, as if I need to cleanse them before I can touch her.

God! I don't remember when was the last time I felt this nervous.

Never.

Never before this.

I force air into my lungs and extend my hand towards her, praying she would bless me with her touch.

"Congratulations, Emara."

🐈‍⬛ ྀི

What do you think is the real middle of Emara?

Btw, I haven't thought of it yet, but would love to see some suggestions.

Best name winner would get a Dakota's POV chapter from 7NWMB ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro