3| Luna.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dr. Willow lived in an apartment block with other physicians. Her apartment had one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room. The living room had two sides: a dining area with a square table and four chairs, and a sitting area with a couch and sofas.

"I have lived in Inns bigger than this apartment," Radar said.

"Shush." Dr. Willow placed her forefinger on her lips. "Eh, all apartments in the city are this size. And I like it, actually."

"Really?" Radar knocked on the white wall and then placed his ear against it. "You can hear everything your neighbor is doing and saying. Zero privacy."

Dr. Willow crossed her arms. "Eh who said I wanted privacy?"

Radar ignored her question and asked, "Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?"

"Eh, I have many friends, but they're not boys and girls. My friends are men and women. So yes, I have men friends and women friends."

Radar sighed. He forgot humans in this dimension didn't use such terms to describe their significant other. "What I meant to ask was: Do you have a sweetheart?"

Dr. Willow frowned. "Sadly, no." Then she narrowed her eyes. "Eh, why do you ask? Are you trying to propose to me?"

"No, I—"

"Oh, Rapunzel, I'm flattered." Dr. Willow put her hands on her chest. "Eh, I know I'm the most beautiful woman you've ever seen—

"I never said that," Radar chimed.

"—But we just met. And as I told you earlier, take me to dinner first, then we will see what happens from there. Maybe you'll get lucky, and I'll let you kiss my feet."

"Kiss your feet?" Radar arched his brow.

"Yes, kiss my feet. Eh, is it too much to ask for? You want to be with a Queen; you treat her like one." Dr. Willow crossed her arms. Before Radar replied, she continued, "Eh, a woman can have dreams, you know. When I was a baby, I dreamt I would be an actor and travel the world with the Theater of Dancing Freaks."

"I doubt you dreamt that as a baby."

Dr. Willow rolled her eyes. "Eh, anyway, one day, my dear mother collapsed on the floor after a grape stuck in her throat. I punched her chest, and she spat it out. After my life-saving heroics, I knew I was meant for the life of a doctor and not an actor."

Radar chuckled. "I have never met a physician as delusional as you. You would have made a wonderful actor."

Dr. Willow smiled. "Eh thank you, Rapunzel."

"My name is Radar," he said.

Dr. Willow narrowed her eyes. "Eh, is it, though?"

"Yes, it is."

"Eh, is it?"

"Yes!"

Dr. Willow shrugged. "Eh, I doubt it."

Radar groaned out of frustration. Dr. Willow made him miss the harlot who kissed his neck like a leech. At least she didn't talk a lot or question him about his name. Who even did that? They just met, and Dr. Willow acted like she knew his name better than him.

I should open a portal to the outside and throw her in it. No one would know it was me, Radar thought with an evil smirk.

"You're one weird man, Rapunzel," Dr. Willow said, then turned away from him. She stared at the paintings on the white wall. It had drawings of stick figures fighting each other.

"Whose child drew them?" Radar asked, staring at the horrible images.

"Me," Dr. Willow said.

"You have a child?" Radar arched his brow.

"Eh, no. I drew them."

Radar patted her shoulder. "Thank goodness you have a career in physician-ing."

"That's not a thing." She turned to him. "And what's your profession?"

Radar smiled. "By day I am a Private Investigator. And by night I am... I am still the same."

Dr. Willow rolled her eyes. "That was anticlimactic."

"What can I say?" Radar spread his arms. "I like to climatic."

Dr. Willow sucked her teeth. "Where are you from, Rapunzel?"

"Here and there," Radar said.

"And where is here and there?"

"You know," Radar shrugged, "this place and that."

Dr. Willow narrowed her eyes. "And where is that place? Where is your home?"

Home? Radar had two homes. Each was in a different dimension, and he couldn't decide which to use when people asked the question.

The bedroom's door opened, and the duster walked out. She wore a leather jacket, brown leather vest, and thigh-high denim shorts.

"Are you sure that is enough?" Radar asked.

"Yes, Master," the duster said. "Do you not like it?"

Through his travels, Radar learned each city had a unique dressing style. In cities like Sin City and Virtue City, they preferred Victorian age clothes. While in Cyber City and Dystopian City, their clothes incorporated modern technology.

"I have no problem with it," Radar said. He didn't like Luna calling Master. It made him look as bad as the slave owners. Also, a creature that could manipulate his feelings with ease was superior to him. "I am the last person who should give fashion advice."

Dr. Willow chuckled, earning a glance from Radar. "You got that right," she said. Then she looked at the duster and asked, "Why don't you want to be free?"

"Dusters live to serve our saviors and enslavers. If we don't, then we die," the duster said.

"And you have seen other dusters die from not serving?" Radar asked. It sounded as ridiculous as Dr. Willow saying she wanted to be an actor when she was a baby.

"Yes. Goddess Yugo makes sure we serve. Otherwise, she will claim our lives and throw us in purgatory."

Radar had seen his fair share of deities. He knew how powerful and merciless they were to those who didn't listen to them. Each species had a God or Goddess they worshipped. And without the deities, life would cease to exist.

"What I do is dangerous. If you will be by my side, then I want you to know I will not be responsible for whatever happens to you," Radar said.

"Understood, Master." the duster bowed.

"Call me Radar."

"Understood." the duster bowed.

"What is your name?" Radar asked.

"Luna," the duster said.

"And where are you from?"

"Imagination City," Luna said.

Dr. Willow gasped, excitement plastered on her face. "I've heard about it. People go there to make their fantasies come to life. But they aren't allowed to leave with them, right?"

"Yes," Luna said. "The Creators either live in the city with their fantasies or abandon them."

They call them The Creators? Radar scoffed. What a bunch of snobs.

"Then how did you manage to leave?" Dr. Willow asked.

"I do not know," Luna said. "One moment I was in the city, then the next I found myself in a cage with other creations."

Radar didn't need the specifics from Luna. He knew it was a smuggling operation. "How did you escape the smugglers and end up in Slave City?" he asked.

"I don't remember," Luna said.

She is lying, Radar thought. But why?

"Is it true the creations from Imagination City can't age?" Dr. Willow asked in a cheerful voice.

"Yes," Luna said.

"But you can die?"

"Yes."

"We have wasted too much time here," Radar said. "It is time for us to leave." He looked at Dr. Willow. "Take me to Kruger."

Dr. Willow stood at attention. "Yes, Master Rapunzel." She saluted him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro