4| Dragon Riders.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Welcome to Loader Four," Dr. Willow said.

Loader Four spanned over seven thousand meters in Slave City. It was one of five slave loading areas. Radar, Luna, and Dr. Willow walked between two lines of white trucks. Each truck had a group of slaves standing behind it in lines, waiting to board.

"As you can see, they also sell weapons." Dr. Willow pointed at the black trucks carrying guns and bombs. "In Loader One, a group of slaves escaped their cages, killed the slave traders, and then seized control. Now the other Loaders are planning on retaliating."

The guards watching the slaves stared at the three. Especially Radar and Luna. But when Dr. Willow waved and smiled at them, the guards smiled and turned their attention to the slaves.

"They trust you here," Radar said.

"They have to. Otherwise, they wouldn't let me heal them," Dr. Willow said.

"Then why are you helping me?"

"I want Kruger gone. He keeps recruiting children in his militia, and someone has to stop him." Dr. Willow glanced at Radar from head to toe. "Hopefully, that someone is you."

"Who said I was going to stop him?" Radar raised his brow. "I am here for Jasmine. That is all."

"And if they refuse to hand her over?" Dr. Willow asked.

Radar remained silent.

"I thought so," Dr. Willow said.

They arrived at Loader Four's station. It had one floor, and its concrete walls had cracks in them. The station looked like it would collapse at any moment. But the people in the surrounding area seemed not to care.

"I don't know where Kruger is, but that's Los. He's Kruger's right-hand man," Dr. Willow pointed at a fair-skinned man seated on the station's front steps. The white vest Los wore showcased his beefy arms and large chest. Black pants and boots completed his ensemble.

"Does he know where Kruger is?" Radar asked.

"Does he know where Kruger is? Yes. Will he tell you? No. Unless you're someone he trusts, he will die with that information."

"Thank you for bringing me here, Physician. Our time together ends now. Luna and I will proceed from here by ourselves."

"I wasn't planning on staying." Dr. Willow lightly punched Radar on the arm. "Be careful, Rapunzel. You may have portal magic, but don't underestimate Los and his men."

"I never underestimate my enemy," Radar said.

Dr. Willow nodded at Radar and Luna, and she then left.

Radar waited until the physician was out of sight before he approached Los. "Do you know where Kruger is?" Radar asked.

Los stayed quiet, too busy cleaning his rifle to acknowledge Radar.

"I don't think he will speak, Mas... Radar," Luna said.

"Is that so?" Radar glanced at Luna and raised his brow.

"Yes." Luna nodded.

Radar kicked the rifle out of Los' hands.

Los stood and towered over Radar. His face had turned red from anger. His chest heaved back and forth, while his nose flared.

"Where is Kruger?" Radar asked. He would have touched Los' head and searched his memories. But Radar knew the slave trader would have broken his hand or nose before he touched him.

Los looked at Radar from head to toe, and then he spat on the ground. "You don't want a problem with me-oh," Los said.

"Is that so?" Radar smiled. He would lie to himself if he thought he wouldn't have had to fight before finding Jasmine. His hands and legs twitched in excitement.

Los threw his meaty arm, aiming for Radar's face.

Radar flicked his wrist twice, and two small portals materialized. One was beside his cheek, and the other was in front of Los' face.

The slave trader punched himself and then stumbled backward before he fell on the ground.

Radar stood over him. "Where is Kruger? I will not ask again?"

Los got to his feet, placed his fingers in his mouth, and then whistled. His men surrounded them in a matter of seconds. They each carried a weapon. "I should have known I was dealing with a mage-oh," he said. "Let's see how you fight us at the same time-oh."

Radar glanced at Los' men and smiled. Though they had large muscles and looked tough, they wouldn't pose a threat to him. With a flick of his wrist, he would open a portal to the sky and watch them fall to their deaths.

He unsheathed one of his katanas and handed it to Luna. "Do you know how to use it?" Radar asked.

"Yes," Luna said.

"Alright, kill as many as you can."

Before the two groups fought, a monstrous shriek had interrupted them.

"No, no, no," Los said, staring at the sky. Sweat coated his face. His lips and hands trembled. He looked at Radar. "We will continue this another time-oh." He turned to his men. "Start the trucks and let's go, go, go!"

"What's going on?" Luna asked while staring at Los and his men running to their trucks and UTVs.

"I have no idea," Radar said. Los knows what made the noise, that is why he looks scared.

A massive shadow loomed over Loader Four, forcing Radar and Luna to turn towards its source.

Radar gasped, and then his eyes widened. It cannot be.

"It's a dragon," Luna said.

"Four dragons," Radar added.

Red, green, black, and white dragons flew in the sky.

Radar had never seen a dragon before, only heard of them in stories. And even after everything he had heard, he never believed they were that huge. He was wrong. They were as big as a skyscraper. Maybe bigger.

The dragons opened their mouths and spat out a wave of flames, aiming at Los and his men. The fire burnt most of the trucks and UTVs—including the slaves and slave traders.

Radar noticed there was someone on top of each dragon. "Who are they?" he asked.

"Dragon Riders," Luna said. "They're from Chocolate City. Lieutenants to Queen Ebony, leader of Melaninia."

Melaninia was a country of women that had divided itself into four cities. And each city had one race of women. Chocolate City was where black women lived.

"We have to capture Los before they kill him. He is the only one who knows where Kruger is," Radar said, then turned to Luna. "I hear dusters are fast on their feet. Is it true?"

"Yes," Luna said.

"Can you catch up to Los?"

"Yes."

"Alright, you capture Los. I will deal with the dragon riders."

Luna nodded and then took off.

She was quicker than Radar had imagined. Being born in Imagination City must have enhanced her physical capabilities. Compared to a natural-born duster, she is too powerful.

Radar flicked his wrist twice, and two portals materialized. One was in front of him, and the other was behind the dragon rider on the red dragon. He appeared behind her. "What do you want with Los?" he asked.

The dark-skinned woman hadn't noticed Radar. So when he spoke, his voice startled her. She turned to him, and the look of horror on her face disappeared. In its place was a stony expression.

"I do not want to fight. I just want to know why you want to kill Los," Radar said.

"I answer no man," she said, then reached for the knife strapped to her hip. Out of instinct, Radar kicked her. The woman screamed as she fell to the ground. Before she died, Radar had opened a portal below her and another above the red dragon. The woman landed on the dragon's back.

"Will you listen to me now?" Radar asked.

"What? How?" The woman glanced around with widened eyes. Then she spotted Radar and pointed at him. "What did you do?"

"I saved your life," Radar said.

"You men only destroy, not save."

"Well, I am different." He smiled.

The woman frowned.

"The least you can do is thank me," Radar said. Even though I am the one who almost killed you.

"I thank no man," she said.

"Praise me?"

"I praise no man."

Radar sighed. "Then tell me why you are trying to kill Los? You owe me that much."

"I owe no man."

"Hey, look at it this way: we might be on the same side. If we work together, we may capture Los faster."

"No." She shook her head. "As Queen Ebony always said, Never send a man to do a woman's job."

Another thing about Melaninia was thrice a year they celebrated Harvest Day. It was a special day where men went to the country to have sex with the woman. Some used it to blow off steam, and others to breed.

There were a few occasions where men tried invading Melaninia during Harvest Day. Unfortunately for them, they always got caught and beheaded.

"Watch out!" the woman screamed. The red dragon spun around, evading a rocket fired at it. She held onto the dragon as it spun, unlike Radar.

Radar fell off the dragon. And while in midair, he saw the man who had fired the rocket. He opened a portal below himself, and another one behind the man. Radar appeared behind him, snapped his neck, and then dropped off the UTV.

Something sharp pierced Radar's left arm. "Argh!" He groaned, then stared at the blood oozing out of the bullet wound. He tried to walk, but swayed sideways, and then fell on his knees.

He searched for the one who had shot him, and he saw Los waving at him with a big smile. In his hand, Los held a paralysis gun. It was common among slave traders. They used them when hunting for slaves.

Radar coughed. No, I have to catch him. But the paralysis worked fast. Radar couldn't move, no matter how much he tried. And his eyes got heavier by the second.

With his last seconds of consciousness, Radar saw Los firing another gun into the air. A white portal opened in front of him. The remaining trucks and UTVs drove into the portal before it closed.

"Radar, are you alright?" Luna asked, standing in front of him.

Luna, where did you come from? Radar grabbed Luna's leg. "Take me to Dr. Willow," he said, then collapsed on the ground after losing consciousness.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro