8| Goddess Yugo.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Back in Default Earth, Radar had planted the images of Jasmine and Amina in Luna's head. It made it easier for the duster to recognize them.

Luna searched the ground and upper floor for the two mundanes. Radar's flintlock was heavier than she had expected. It slowed her down, but she didn't want to get rid of it. It used her magic energy to fire magical bullets. And after the big meal she had in Default Earth, she could use it all day.

Luna found more corpses hanging on hooks on the ground and upper floor. There was no sign of life. But she had expected so. That was why she had left the small building behind the warehouse for last.

When she entered the small building, she heard mundanes talking to each other. They were in the hall in front of her.

She leaned against the wall and tiptoed to its endpoint. Then she took a peek and saw three fair-skinned males standing in front of a large metallic door. They wore dark blue uniforms and caps, and they had guns strapped to their thighs.

"The Boss grabbed her by the neck and asked what she was willing to do for her freedom," one of them said. "But she didn't reply. So The Boss did what he does best..." He smiled instead of finishing the sentence.

"He got a slurpy?" another male asked.

"The Boss said it was the best slurpy of his life," First Male said, and the others laughed.

Luna didn't know what slurpy meant, but she guessed it had something to do with intercourse. From her experience, male mundanes loved forced intercourse. It gave them short-term power over other beings. And mundanes had an unhealthy obsession with power.

Luna took a deep breath and exhaled. Then she closed her eyes. Goddess Yugo, please lend me your power.

The fur on her body rose, and she felt a surge of power course through her. It gathered at the center of her chest before a wave of energy burst out of her body.

I can see them. Even though she had closed her eyes, Luna felt the energy surrounding the three males. They were still unaware of her. Thank you, Goddess Yugo.

When the energy burst out of her chest, it entered the three males. And because of it, Luna could control their limbs. Puppeteering was one of Goddess Yugo's powers. Luna could use it for a few minutes. It was better that way than her manipulating the males' emotions. It consumed a lot of her energy, especially when dealing with three mundanes. And she wanted to preserve her energy in case of an emergency.

Luna raised her arms and moved them in the air as though she was playing with strings. Goddess Yugo's power coursed through her body, making the fur on her body rise, and a sweet taste filled her mouth.

The three males stopped talking and grabbed their guns. Each pointed their weapons at their heads. And before they had a clue about what was happening, they shot themselves.

Once she heard the males slump to the floor, Luna opened her eyes and went to the hall. Blood oozed out of the males' heads and pooled around them.

The metallic door had a card scanner beside it. Luna took a card from one of the males' breast pocket and swiped it on the scanner. The door slid to the left, revealing metallic steps behind it.

As Luna descended the steps, the stench in the room made her cough. With her heightened senses, the stench seized her nose and made it hard for her to breathe.

She covered her nose with her hand, arrived at the bottom of the steps, and found the source of the horrific smell. There were more than a hundred mundanes locked in cages. But they weren't alone. There were cages with beasts from other races.

"Jasmine, where are you!" Luna shouted, realizing it was the easiest way to find her.

"Over here," a reply came from a cage on the other side of the room.

Luna went to the voice and gasped after she had arrived outside the cage. Inside it was Jasmine. But she wasn't alone. Those beside her also looked like her. What is this monstrosity? How can one mundane have these many similar younglings?

The Jasmines had a similar facial appearance. But they differed in size, hairstyle, and dressing style.

Which one is Radar's Jasmine? If she had met Jasmine, then Luna would have found her using her sense of smell. Goddess Yugo only needs one of them. I must choose the one who's closer to the image in my mind.

Luna opened the cage. "I need each of you to walk out one at a time," she said. "I have a question to ask."

The first Jasmine walked out. She wore a miniskirt and an unbuttoned blue shirt. She covered her chest area with her arms. Her eyes were puffy and red.

"Do you promise to answer me truthfully?" Luna asked.

First Jasmine nodded.

"Where can I find the dragon rider?"

"I don't know."

"Thank you for your honesty." Luna raised the flintlock and blew First Jasmine's head off. The other Jasmines screamed in terror. Luna didn't seem to care. She turned to the remaining twenty-six Jasmines. "Who's next?"

The same fate befell the next twenty-four Jasmines. Luna's unbothered expression turned to that of disappointment. Twenty-five Jasmines didn't know where Amina was. If one of them had the answer, then it would have made killing the rest that much faster.

The last two Jasmines stood in the cage. They hugged each other while crying. One of them had short red hair and blue eyes. She wore a white T-shirt, black pants, and gray leather boots. "Please, you don't have to do this," she said.

Luna focused on her. It's you. She entered the cage and stood an inch away from her. "It's been you all along. Why didn't you reveal yourself earlier?"

Real Jasmine didn't reply. She cried and begged for mercy. Fake Jasmine had moved away from her after learning the truth. "I don't want to die," Real Jasmine said.

"We all die, mundane. What separates us in death is what we leave behind." The look in Luna's eyes was that of an untamed beast. She was in her element. Free and in servitude of Goddess Yugo. "Where's the dragon rider?"

"She's in there." Real Jasmine pointed at a door with chains covering it. "Ca-Can I go now?"

"Yes." Luna aimed the flintlock at Real Jasmine's head and blew it off its shoulders.

Fake Jasmine screamed and crawled to the corner of the cage. Unlike Real Jasmine, she had a shaved head and wore baggy clothes. But she was like Real Jasmine in every other department. It made Luna's skin itch. How could unrelated mundanes look the same?

Luna crouched before Fake Jasmine. "Jasmine, look at me," she said. Fake Jasmine gazed at the duster with tears in her eyes. "From now on, you do everything I say. Understood?"

"Ye-Yes."

Luna reached inside her short's pocket and took out a totem in the shape of a duster's face. It was the Totem of Goddess Yugo. A communication device for dusters. But a duster could give it to a mundane and communicate between themselves. Even if someone listened in on their conversation, they wouldn't be able to hear them.

"Wear this at all times. If you lose it, I will find you and take your life. Understood?" Luna asked.

Fake Jasmine nodded.

"Luna," a voice said behind the duster.

Luna turned and saw Radar. His arms had healed. She forced a smile. "Is Kruger dead?" If it wasn't for Goddess Yugo, I would kill you, Tracker.

"Yes," Radar replied.

"What about Los and Octavia?"

"I thought you might have run into them."

I hate you and your kind so much. Luna shook her head. "I didn't."

Radar gazed at the massacre. The mundanes and beasts locked in other cages stared at the two in silence. It was like watching two beings who despised each other try to be friends. "What happened here?" he asked.

"I found one of the Jasmines killing the others. I stopped her before she killed the real one." She pointed at Fake Jasmine, who sat at the end of the cage, sobbing.

"Is that her?"

"Yes."

"She looks different." Radar gazed at the dead look-alikes. "The breachers must have taken a Jasmine from different universes. But why?"

I don't know. You disgust me. "The dragon rider is in there." Luna pointed at the door covered with chains.

"Thank you, Luna. You have been very helpful to me," Radar said.

I am going to kill you one day. I'm waiting for Goddess Yugo to give me the order. "You're welcome." Luna smiled.

Radar walked to the chained door and gazed at it. He wasn't the first tracker Luna had seen or interacted with. She had lived long enough to see them at the peak of their fame before they fell from grace.

She knew for Radar to open a portal into the room; he had to have been there before. Or he could check the memories of someone who had. And Luna knew the only ones that had entered the room were the breachers and the three males she killed earlier.

Radar unsheathed one of his swords, ready to destroy the door.

Luna glanced at Fake Jasmine and smirked when the woman looked at her. With you by the dusters' side, we will find Lilith's Treasure and rule the world.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro