9| The Favor.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Radar had left Amina outside the gates of Chocolate City as Audre had instructed. But before Amina left, she said Kruger and his men didn't torture her. They took Jasmines from other universes, hoping to know why the two were meeting. But it didn't work because Amina saw how different the Jasmines were from the one she knew.

Luna stayed in Slave City with Dr. Willow while Radar took Jasmine home. He had promised to return for the duster. They were a duo now, whether he liked it or not.

Jasmine was silent when she was alone with Radar. She couldn't even look him in the eyes. Radar's magic energy was low after crossing universes. He couldn't search Jasmine's memories to see what the inside of her home looked like. The best he did was open a portal outside her home's front door, bypassing the guards at the entrance gate.

What are her plans for you? Radar thought as she watched Jasmine get scanned by the eye scanner on the wall.

Luna and Jasmine didn't know was he was in the room the whole time Luna questioned and killed the other Jasmines. He knew this one was Fake Jasmine.

But Radar couldn't confront Luna. He had been around Gods long enough to know she was under the orders of Goddess Yugo. And if he had intervened, then he would have faced the wrath of the Goddess. And with his low magic energy, he wouldn't have been able to protect himself.

I hope she will convince those around her she is the real Jasmine.

Radar scratched the stubble on his face.

But what does Goddess Yugo what with her? Dusters have been in hiding for centuries. It is not a coincidence I met Luna. I know when forces bigger than me are at play. And I can tell when I have been played.

Radar sighed.

Whatever is going on, I will find out the truth. As long as Luna is with me, then I can monitor her and know Goddess Yugo's plans for Jasmine.

"George," Fake Jasmine called, getting Radar out of his trance.

Radar glanced around and realized he was in the living room. The moon was the only source of light. Painting and ornaments filled the walls, giving the room a welcoming feeling. It had been ages since Radar owned a house. He had forgotten that people decorated it.

"George," Fake Jasmine called again.

"It is Silas now, Ms. Jasmine," a monotone voice said. Then a six feet tall robot appeared in front of them. It was slim with four hands and two legs. Gray metal covered its body, and its three eyes glowed white. It had three vertical lines for a mouth. And behind the lines was its voice box. "George was my factory name. You renamed me to Silas. Have you forgotten, Ms. Jasmine?" Silas got close to Jasmine and observed her. "Dear Droid God, what happened to you, Ms. Jasmine?" He placed his hands on her shoulders.

Jasmine flinched at his touch. "Forgive me, Silas. I am unwell." She looked in its eyes. "I was kidnapped, that's why I am like this. But no worries, this wonderful man," she pointed at Radar, "saved me and brought me back home."

She will survive on her own, after all. Radar smirked.

Silas turned to Radar. "Thank you, sir." It got close to him and gave out all four hands. Radar didn't know which one to shake. Silas grabbed Radar's right hand with his four hands and shook it. "The Droid God will reward your kindness."

They had to buy a religious droid. "I hope so," Radar replied.

Silas went to Jasmine's side. "Let me take you to your room, Ms. Jasmine. You must be traumatized. Do not worry, I am here now. And together with the Droid God, we will protect you."

Jasmine glanced at Radar. She looked terrified. It was as if she wanted to say something to him, but she stopped herself. Then she and Silas went upstairs.

Radar observed the house one last time. If he hadn't burnt his home, this was the life he wished to live. He saw himself in a big house with four children, a trophy wife like his mother, and a job as a fireman. They looked cool when they appeared on TV, saving people from burning buildings.

But that is all in the past now.

He opened a portal and walked through it. He arrived on the balcony of Dr. Willow's apartment. The inky sky was full of twinkling stars. Even the full moon was out.

Beautiful.

He looked through the glass door and saw Luna and Dr. Willow talking. They hadn't spotted him. At least, not Dr. Willow. With Luna's sense of smell, she might have known he was there but ignored him. He couldn't blame her. Luna was on Dr. Willow's lap with her arms around the physician's neck.

Be careful, Dr. Willow, Radar thought, watching the two women kiss. Is Luna manipulating Dr. Willow's emotions, or are they actually into each other?

A vibration in his trouser took his attention away from the two. He reached inside his pocket and took out a totem in the shape of a monkey's face. The Totem of the Monkey King. It was one of many God totems used as a communication device.

Radar tapped the totem twice, and a projection appeared in front of him. In it, he saw the faces of Reed and Drake, aka The Wild Wizard and The Dark Warlock. The fair-skinned and dark-skinned man stood side by side.

"You are healed?" Radar asked Drake.

"For now," Drake replied.

"Then you found Donatello."

"Yes, but his dark magic is still dormant. No need to worry about him destroying the world."

"It is not the world I am worried about."

"Yes, yes, I know. His dark magic would destroy every universe." Drake sighed. "We have been through this many times. And each time you worry about nothing. Donatello will be stopped if he loses control. Damon is watching him as we speak."

Radar didn't believe him. When it came to Donatello, Drake would say anything to protect his son. Even though Damon was an Elder, Donatello could kill him if he unlocked the full potential of his dark magic. "What do you want from me?" he asked.

"I want you to find a woman and bring her to me," Drake said.

"Who?" Radar asked.

"Safari."

Shit. "Why her?"

"She knows where Lilith's Treasure is."

THE END.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro