0 1 - Maheshwari Ltd

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting on the prologue everyone. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 1 - Maheshwari Ltd

Lakshya wakes up as the birds tweet and the sun rises, he could feel his head spinning and paining a lot, all he could do is rest it on his pillow and keep his eyes closed. He had drank too much and now can't cope with the head pain.

"Ramdeen!" He yelled from his room, being exhausted and irritated.

The heavy head had woken him up but his eyes wouldn't open. "Ramdeen!" He yells again.

"Bhai, Ramdeen is on a leave, his mother was ill so Bade Papa allowed him to go and visit her." His sister, Uttara discloses as she enters his room.

He sighs, "Get me some lemon and limes please, I had a heavy drink."

"And why is that?" He heard his brother, Sanskaar ask, who had just walked inside.

"Durga Prasad. . . He's the reason who encouraged me to drink 10 vodka bottles." Lakshya, who was in a comfortable position utters in a low tone and Sanskaar shakes his head while looking down.

"He shouldn't have blocked my cards, I don't remember what I did yesterday night but I feel as if it was something good cause my heart feels light today." Lakshya adds and finally opens his eyes, gazing towards the door and seeing Uttara and Sanskaar standing there with Annapurna, who had the glass of Lemon water in her hands.

Seeing her, Lakshya closes his eyes again and turns his head to the other side. Sanskaar takes the glass off Annapurna and assures her to leave it to him. Lakshya clearly had a problem with his mother, we wonder why.

Sanskaar signs Uttara with his eyes and Uttara nods. "Badimaa, what's for breakfast? I'm hungry." Uttara distracts Annapurna while taking her away.

Sanskaar enters the room and walks towards Lakshya.

"Here's the water." Sanskaar says while placing it down on a small wooden cabinet beside the bed.

Lakshya, unwillingly leaves his comfy position and turns on his back, he then sits up and arranges the pillow, afterwards he slides back, leaning against the board and grabbing onto the glass.

"Why are you rude to her Lakshya?"

Lakshya, who was about to take a sip stops, his expressions stiffen and he looks at Sanskaar.

"All she ever did was support Durga Prasad, she never cared about what I wanted, all she cared about was her husband being right and me being wrong. A mother usually supports her child and encourages them to live their life happily but she's becoming the enemy like Durga Prasad, if I'm rude then it's because of them who restricted me with every action I took, if they encouraged me then today I'd be living as a happy, university going student who dreams to become a rockstar, but no. . . They had to be haters. Just because their parents didn't allow them to live their life the way they want, they won't let me live my life either." Lakshya expresses with irritation, anger and annoyance. This was the reason why he has a problem with his mother as she always supports her husband, Durga Prasad in every decision against Lakshya and Lakshya felt sorrowful witnessing his mother going against him in every decision Durga Prasad had taken.

Though Sanskaar had something to say which would be on Annapurna and Durga Prasad's side, he decided to keep quiet as Lakshya would get angry on him for taking their side and call him a hater. Sanskaar wants to explain this matter to him nicely and as slowly as he could, he just hopes a miracle happens that Lakshya changes his perspective of seeing his family and knows that all they do is worry and care for him and his future.

Out of a chalky house rushes a girl, who was dressed in a blue simple anarkali dress with blue leggings underneath. Her stole was pinned to the part of the clothe on her shoulder and her hair was straightened behind her, her eyes were filled with kajal and her eyelashes were lifted with the mascara, a light pink shade of lipstick was on her lips and her skin was like a soft milky cream.

"Laado, have you taken your lunch?"

"Yes Daadimaa!" She responds and turns towards her grandma, Parvati who was stood by the door.

"Have you taken the money?" She shakes her head positively.

"Your file?" She yet again shakes her head positively.

"Your. . ."

"Daadimaa, I have taken everything I need, don't worry." She interrupts Parvati and assures her with a blink.

Parvati nods her head and she smiles at her, waving and passing a flying kiss. Parvati in return gives her a serious look and she changes her smile into a nervous one and turns, walking away.

Parvati sees her granddaughter, Ragini walk away and leans on the door. "May god protect her and may she get the job." Parvati mummers to herself and fold her hand, closing her eyes and praying for Ragini.

Ragini is a university going student who studies business and marketing, she wanted to become an engineer first but then decided to do business and marketing as it would be easier for her to establish her own business one day. She was now looking for a placement where she could do her internship along with the course that she studies in order to graduate and get the degree.

Now she was making her way for an interview at an office she applied for.

Lakshya has gotten ready in his new clothes that he had ordered a week ago and was walking down the stairs.

"Lakshya!" Durga Prasad sternly says, making him stop and sigh.

"Where are you going?" Durga Prasad asks and Lakshya turns towards him.

"None of your business." Lakshya replies rudely.

"You might have forgot, let me remind you. . . Your cards have been blocked." Durga Prasad utters, purposely rubbing the salt on Lakshya's new wounds.

"Listen Mr Maheshwari. . ."

"You listen this time Lakshya." Durga Prasad interrupts. "You're going to be out from this house and my property if you continue to do this!" He adds a threat which encourages Lakshya to give his father the look of disbelief.

Sujata, Ram Prasad, Annapurna, Adarsh and Uttara walk into the hall while Sanskaar stands near the staircase.

"How selfish can you get?"

"Even worse if you don't listen." Lakshya shakes his head in disbelief while glaring at his father. "You can't do this." Lakshya utters and Durga Prasad stares at him.

"Try stopping me." He challenges and turns around.

Lakshya clenches his fist frustratedly. "What do you want me to do?"

Durga Prasad turns back around "Join our office today as an intern."

Lakshya scoffs "Join your office? Please tell me you're joking."

"My property, my rules. . . You won't be able to do anything about it." Lakshya expressions stiffen and Durga Prasad turns yet again and now heads towards the dining table.

Taking this threat in mind, Lakshya struggles to make a decision. 'This has to be a joke, he can't kick me out of the house and property. Urghh! This man. . .'

"Okay fine." Lakshya says loudly, with irritation and releases a huff which was filled with frustration and annoyance.

Durga Prasad halts his steps and proudly raises his head.

"You would be working under Sanskaar." Durga Prasad asserts without turning and continues heading towards the dining table to have breakfast.

"I haven't lost Mr Maheshwari, I'm just taking a break but I'll be back soon." Lakshya softly mummers to himself and senses Sanskaar walking down the stairs.

"Shall we go?" Lakshya looks at Sanskaar.

"Go where?"

"Office." Sanskaar replies and Lakshya arches his eyebrows. "Don't you eat breakfast?"

"I eat when I get there, if you were paying a little attention to all of us then you should know I leave for office before Bade Papa, Dad and Adarsh Bhaiyya."

Lakshya rolls his eyes and Sanskaar heads towards the exit, Lakshya follows and the family see them leave.

"God bless our office." Ram prays to himself and closes his eyes while folding his hand just before looking at his breakfast.

The auto stops in front of a two floor, baronial building which had the windows covered in grey metallic paper which blocked the partial sun, that can still be shining and producing heat.

Ragini steps out and pays the driver, the driver leaves and she turns to the building; her mouth drops as soon as her eyes land on the classy building, which was painted silver. Her eyes scan on the metallic silver writing on the plate stuck outside the gate. It had 'Maheshwari Ltd' curved beautifully in italics.

"Wow! I must say, they did a great job by renovating this building which once used to be a normal clothes selling showroom." Ragini mumbles to herself and begins to take her step forward.

"Yes Ma'am, how can we help?" The security guard questions, stopping Ragini by the gate.

"Hi, actually. . . I'm here for an internship and today is my interview, I didn't want to get late on my first day so I came a little early. Is the office open?"

"Sure is Ma'am and you didn't do the wrong thing, shall I tell you a secret?" The security guard politely responds. "Sanskaar Sir likes the people who take their jobs seriously and those who can do anything to prove what this job means to them, be it either early for an interview or dedication to start this job." He adds a whisper, sharing the secret which gave Ragini more confidence.

"Thank you." She replies and he opens the gate for her, allowing her to come inside the property.

Soon after, the horn blows and the security guard opens the whole gate with the help of his colleague to give access to a car to enter.

Ragini had entered the office and she was chanting some mantara's which supposedly boost her confidence as she was walking inside without having to back away. She stood in front of a receptionist which passed a pleasant smile to her.

"How can I help you?"

"I'm here for an interview."

"For a job?"

"Internship." Ragini corrected and the receptionist nodded, fiddling with the mouse and focusing on the computer screen.

"Ms Ragini Gadodia?" She asks and Ragini nods her head instantly. "Yes." She replies and the receptionist stops fiddling with the mouse. "You're all checked in, please take a seat over there and you would be called in shortly." The receptionist kindly guides and Ragini nods her head, uttering "Thank you" just before walking away.

As Ragini had reached closer to the couch's, Lakshya and Sanskaar enter the office.

"Wow, this office looks. . ." Lakshya trialled of while scanning around, "Professional." He completes and gazes at Sanskaar.

"Why? What did you expected it to look like? Like a garbage truck full of rubbish?" Sanskaar sarcastically questions and Lakshya shakes his head.

"Do me a favour, don't ever and I mean it. . . Don't EVER talk sarcasm because you insult this category with your lame words." Lakshya taunts, making Sanskaar frown. "Jealous, just because I have a better sarcasm sense than you." Sanskaar responds, not taking that insult and not allowing Lakshya to get away with it.

"Ha Ha Ha. . . No ones laughing!"

"I don't have time to smell you burning." Sanskaar remarks and then points at where the couches are "Wait there and I'll get back to you, I have an interview to take. So don't mess around and just sit the silently. . . Please!" Lakshya rolled his eyes and turned, seeing the couches with few other people sat on it with files.

He turns back to Sanskaar but sees him gone, he sighs and walks towards the couches to take a seat with the candidates, who are here to be interviewed. Ragini was also sat there, nervously tapping on her file with her fingers while staring into space.

"Excuse me Ms, can you move over." She doesn't respond, her mind was diverted somewhere else and she didn't realise someone was talking to her. "Hello!" She flinches as she sees a thumb and a finger snap together in front of her, grabbing her attention and she gazes up, finding Lakshya standing there.

"Can you move over?" She shuffled across, next to a man who was continuously drinking every two second.

Lakshya then took a seat where Ragini was sat earlier and joins his hands together, rubbing his thumbs and playing with them. He really didn't want to interact with anyone and that's why he sat besides Ragini because according to him, she wouldn't talk to anyone and she's too old cultured to talk to a boy; due to her dressing.

"Are you here for a job interview?" The man asks and Ragini turns her head towards him. "No, internship." She replies. "Oh, good luck." She smiles at him and forwards her hand "Good luck to you too." He shakes her hand and reciprocating to the smile that is on her lips.

These action of hers surprised Lakshya as he had just expected her to shake her head. Lakshya rotates head around in 360 degrees, pretending to fix a locked-neck and witnessed Ragini communicating with that man.

To Be Continued . . . 

Up Next - Ragini and Lakshya's small argument. . . Ragini being accepted into Maheshwari Ltd and Lakshya to also work as an intern.

Please kindly leave your precious votes and comments if you all liked this chapter 🌸✨

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro