0 4 - House Arrest

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thank you for reading, voting, commenting and encouraging me. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 4: House Arrest

"Pass me the salt." Parvati says and Ragini passed the salt box to Parvati. "What was it that you wanted to tell me? Just before that dog started barking?"

Ragini remembers, "Daadimaa, they accepted me in the company."

"Really?" Ragini nods and Parvati smiles. She folds her hand and starts thanking god.

"Thank god." Parvati sighed a releif and picks the salt box again, which she had placed down to thank god.

"What's for lunch?" They hear a voice chirp and look to the side, it was Swara.

"Still cooking." Parvati replies and Swara places her bag on the table, joining them.

"How was your interview?" Swara asks and Ragini turned to her with a smile.

"They accepted me." Swara smiles and hugs Ragini. "That's great news." She chirps and Parvati turns to the two, giving them a look.

Lakshya and Uday walk inside a mansion.

"I thought the guards will shoot us as soon as they see us." Uday says, he was still drunk and Lakshya turns to him.

"Why?"

"His father would've thought we're a threat to Nick because we're his realist. He would be thinking if we die then Nick  would be on the right path but I'm shocked we're in the mansion and that too untouched."

Lakshya shakes his head in disbelief at Uday's words. They see a woman and smile at her.

"Aunty, how are you?" Lakshya asks, Uday continues to smile and folds his hand, greeting her.

"He's in his room." She responds and they nod, walking away.

"I thought Aunty will tell us to leave, though she never does but in this case she should've suspected on you."

"Would you keep quiet for a second?" Uday places his finger on his lips as they enter a room, they see their friend Nick laying on his bed on his back and staring at the ceiling.

Uday and Lakshya look up, seeing nothing and look back down at him, this time they see Nick smiling.

Uday walks further inside and towards the wardrobe. Lakshya, with his forehead slightly confused, begins to walk and picks up the basketball that was on the cushion.
He bounces it on the floor and Nick hears. Before Nick could turn to the side, Lakshya throws the ball which hits Nick on the face.

"Ahhh! You idiot!" He hissed and sat up, pushing the ball away and looking at Lakshya.

Lakshya curves a small smile while approaching him. "You made me loose her." Nick scoffed in annoyance and rubbed his nose.

"Who?" Lakshya asks but Nick looks away.

"Where's my coke?" Uday asks while searching the wardrobe impatiently.

"It's under that printer. Dick! You do know if the police searched my room, I wouldn't have been released." Nick angrily sighed as he turns his head towards Uday.

"What? You have coke?"

"Yeah." Uday mummers and bends down to get his coke out.

"Seriously? Coke? No ways!" Lakshya utters in disbelief, not believing it.

"Found em." Uday says after pulling out three packets, shocking Lakshya.

"It came from Pune yesterday." Nikhil agitatedly responds and then releases a sigh "I collected it before coming home, right outside the jail, I swear to god yeah... if the police tapped my call then I would've been doomed. When I came home, I heard they were coming to check, I rushed and hid them under the printer but when they came, they put me on this house arrest and if I go out of this area, it'll beep and I'll be locked down straight away. I can't believe Dad can do this, he told them to put me on house arrest." Nick explains in disappointment and pulls his trousers down after showing them the device.

"Bless you." Uday fakes a pity and scoffs straight after.

"How long till that's off?"

"2 months."

"That's looooong." Lakshya rejoins and stretched the o's as it indicates his opinion on 2 months.

"That's mad, imagine me being on that. Can you take it off?" Uday asks, wondering wether he could or not.

"Nah, we can switch it off. . ." Nick sarcastically responds. "It'll beep even if I move it, then they'll come running here and my Dad will be the Hitler 2.0 and I'll simply be in prision." He adds in a serious tone.

Lakshya takes a seat next to Nick and Uday joins them with his 'coke'.

"Nikhil. . ." Nick looks up and sees his mother walking inside.

Uday quickly slides the packet of coke under the pillow and curves a fake smile while looking at her.

"There's some guests coming, please don't come out. We will send food for you and your friends up here, your father said he doesn't want to see you downstairs. . . Please respect this decision." His mother explains as nicely as she could.

"Yeah, don't worry." Nikhil, also known as Nick replies, not interested in what his mother was saying.

"Really? You won't cause a scene?" His mother sounded surprised but slightly happy too.

"Yeah, now get lost please." He sighs rudely and his mothers expressions change.

"Aunty. . . Don't worry, I'll take care of this prick, you go enjoy downstairs." Uday assures but Nikhil's mother wasn't really satisfied hearing Uday's response as she could tell he was drunk. She instead had more tension hovering around her.

"Aunty, we will manage." Lakshya assures, this time she curves a small smile, nodding at him and feeling relaxed hearing Lakshya's response as Lakshya wasn't drunk.

Nikhil's mother walks away and Nikhil touches his head, which started to pain.

"Why you so rude to her? She's so sweet." Uday comments but Nikhil rolls his eye.

"She's. . ." Nikhil couldn't find the correct words. "Slave to her man." Lakshya completes Nikhil's uncompleted word.

"Yeah, she indeed is." Nikhil agrees, absolutely nodding to what Lakshya said.

"I don't get you two, you two hate your Mum's, I get why dads but mum's are the sweetest, they save you from your dads wrath."

"Your mum must but our mum's, like Lucky said, are slave to their man. They listen to everything their husbands say, even support them against us. You won't understand Uday, your mum loves you but our mums. . . Don't even ask." Nikhil scoffs as he looks down and shakes his head in disbelief.

"I love your Mum more than I love mine. She's pretty, supportive, understanding, caring and just the right woman a son needs in life." Lakshya throws a compliment while Uday faintly smiles.

"But what do you do in return." Nikhil remarks, forcing Uday's smile disappear as guilt takes over. "I'd kill for a mother like that." Nikhil adds, Uday looks down, remembering all the time he shouted at his mum and the way he treated her in anger.

"When we came in, why were you behaving mad?" Lakshya asks, facing Nikhil while Nikhil faces him too.

"What do you mean?"

"Like smiling and looking at the ceiling?"

"Ohh. . . That. Nothing." He rejoins, lighting Lakshya's halted suspicion.

"It was something." Uday, in a low tone mumbles.

"Actually, I fell in love. What a hottie! She was breathtaking. . . Ufff, like legit. She was dreamy and boom, she's my love now." Nikhil excitedly discloses, surprising Lakshya and Uday.

"Love sucks." Uday remarks, confusing Nikhil.

"What happened to you?"

Uday pulls out a packet of coke.

"This girl. . . She. . ." Lakshya trials off and then sighs, telling Nikhil everything.

Nikhil grits his teeth shockingly and presses his lips together.

"But I promise you, that this baby is a beautiful one. I remember seeing her when I was walking back from the police station. She looked so sexy, covered in red." Nikhil dreamingly disclosed and Lakshya looks away while Uday starts sniffing his coke.

Coke, also known as cocaine is a drug, which Uday has been lusting for. Lakshya was tempted but he needed to control.

"I need your help, please help me get her."

"I pass, I won't unite you with your lover."

"Hater." Nikhil retorts, staring at Uday.

"I. . ." Even Before Lakshya could complete, Nikhil places his hand on him. "I knew it Lucky, it's only you who could help me. Please help me get to her or I'll die."

Lakshya looks on and jerks Nikhil's hand. "You haven't even met her and you're already talking about dying for her? How do you know she's the right one?"

"Please Lucky, I want her at any cost. It's love at first sight. I'm ready to sacrifice and give up anything. I'm ready to do anything you say, please get her for me?" Lakshya was confused and stared at Nikhil.

"Don't Lucky, if I can't get a girlfriend then he can't either."

"Shut up, you hater."

"Do you. . . Have a photo of her or do you know her name? Her address?"

"Photo, yeah. Name, yes. Address, no." Nikhil replies and turns his head to the side. "Uday, pass me my phone." Uday reached out for Nikhil's phone and grabs onto it, he then passed it to the owner of the phone.

Nikhil takes it and unlocks his phone, he then goes on his images and presses it.

"Her." Nikhil says and shows Lakshya, Lakshya's eyes widen and he shockingly stares at the screen.

"This?!" He responds, tempting Uday to look.

Uday leans forward and looks on. "That?"

Nikhil confusingly looks at the two. "Yeah, why?"

They see Ragini talking on the phone in that picture. "No ways! I'm not helping you." Lakshya says and throws the phone on Nikhil.

"This is the bitch." Uday sighs irritatedly, spoiling his mood.

"Don't call her a bitch, what did she do?" Nikhil asks, getting offended.

"Weren't you listening? This is the one who I was telling you about. I'm no ways gunna get you patched up with this." Lakshya irritatedly responds.

Nikhil looks at the photo again and sighs. "Idiots, I'm talking about my baby behind her. The stunning red Lamborghini." Nikhil cussed, while showing the two the photo again.

Behind Ragini, they see a red Lamborghini parked. "Damn she's beautiful." Lakshya compliments, taking the phone and zooming on the car behind Ragini.

"She's a bomber." Uday compliments while staring at it dreamingly.

"But now thinking about this girl, she's also cute." Nikhil utters, making Lakshya and Uday look at him.

"I swear I'd end our friendship if you go for her." Lakshya warns with serious tone.

"Me too." Uday says and Nikhil scoffs.

"But I really want that baby. Buy her for me Lucky, I promise I'll pay you back." Lakshya's expressions dull and he looks away.

"I would've but my Dad blocked my cards." Lakshya responds. "Your Dad did too?" Nikhil asks and Lakshya nods.

Nikhil's father had also blocked his cards, which made Nikhil hate him more. Just like Lakshya.

"My cards aren't blocked." Uday proudly says with a smile while sniffing the coke.

"That's because you have a mother to fight for you." Nikhil sighs, looking away.

Lakshya scoffs, joining his palms.

"Uday, can you buy her for me? I promise I'll pay you back as soon as my cards are unblocked."

"Yeah, I'll buy her for you tomorrow." Uday replies and Nikhil smiles.

"Love you."

"Butter someone else." Uday replies and falls back on the bed. Nikhil takes the paper, sniffing on the coke, Nikhil offers Lakshya Uday's paper and Lakshya stares at it for a while, he then gives in and holds it. Sniffing the coke which was spread on the paper.

Lakshya pulls it away, raising his eyebrows and feeling his nostrils tickle, he breathes and slightly narrows his eyes, already getting high. Lakshya then touches his nose and shakes his head.

Nikhil moves the packet away and continues to inhale, he then releases his breath and shuts the packet.

It was evening, Durga Prasad entered the house with Sanskaar, Adarsh and Ram. Sujata, who was cleaning the sofa's see them walk down.

"Bhaisa. . . Ji. . . Adarsh, Sanskaar?"

"Yes, us." Ram replies to his wife Sujata while she creases her forehead and stares at the clock. 'Early?' She wondered in her mind until she was disturbed by Durga Prasad.

"Is Lakshya at home?" He asks and Sujata shakes her head.

"He went to office right? He should be back with all of you." Durga Prasad looks at his wife Annapurna walking out, sounding tensed.

"He, left." Durga Prasad simply says, confusing Annapurna and Sujata.

"Left? What do you mean?" Annapurna asks.

"He said he will join us tomorrow. . ." Sanskaar trials off. "Call him." Durga Prasad orders and Sanskaar nods.

He takes his phone out. "Put it on speaker." Durga Prasad utters and Sanskaar slowly shakes his head, feeling awkward but he does it and it starts ringing.

Everyone stand still to listen.

"Haaaeeeeee." Sanskaar looks at the caller ID to confirm if he called Lakshya or not after hearing the response.

"Lakshya?"

"It's Lucky!"

"Where are you?"

"With Nick."

"Nikhil?"

"Namaste. . . Comosta, konichuwa, hello my friend." They hear Nikhil speaking and Sanskaar looks at his Bade-Papa.

"I'm here too." Now they hear Uday shout and the three laugh.

Durga Prasad arches his eyebrows in disgust. "Hit it up." They hear Lakshya and then they hear music from the other side.

"Nick. . . Is on house arrest, he's not allowed to go out. I'm enjoying with him. See you soon." Lakshya says just before disconnecting the call.

"He's back on those deeds again. He sounds high and drunk." Durga Prasad frustratedly huffs, lowering his head in shame.

"House arrest, what does that mean?" Ram asks, wondering what Lakshya meant by house arrest.

"It's when someone is suspected of being involved in illegal act and isn't allowed go out or travel to other places other than the house they stay in, like they can go to the garden but if they're away from their address then the police can arrest them and keep them in prison. It's like a prison but at home." Sanskaar explains what he knows about house arrest.

"But how do the police find out? Have they hired spy's to watch them?" Sujata questions.

"No, they put a device on their legs. If they try to take it off or go out of the area then it will alert the police and they would track them down with the help of the device." Sanskaar replies, adding further explanation.

"Does it have to be home or any address you want?" Durga Prasad asks, wanting to know more about it.

"I think the address you want them to be at, actually, they can set a time on it. It will be switched off until you're at school and after school, it will turn on and you have to be at your house before that time or it'll alert the police." Sanskaar continues explaining.

Durga Prasad shakes his head in understanding, thinking about this.

"I might need to request this for Lakshya. . ." Durga Prasad trails off, shocking everyone.

"But. . ."

"I'm going to talk to the PM Sir." Durga Prasad continues and interrupts Annapurna.

He then walks away while sliding his phone out from his pocket.

"JiJi. Laks will take the anger out on us. I can't face it this time." Sujata gasps and covers her mouth worriedly.

Annapurna stares into space, hoping for the best.

Ragini was in the kitchen, washing the dishes while remembering how rude Lakshya was.

A guilt, of maybe separating two lovers was trying to hover her because of Tanya's mum's, Uday's and Lakshya's words. She didn't realise when Swara walked inside the kitchen.

"What happened to you? Why are you so quiet?" Swara asked while walking towards the fridge.

She turns around, looking at Swara.

"Nothing, why?"

"Why are you lying?" Swara questioned and takes the drink out from the fridge.

"What made you think so?"

"You would've been humming or singing while washing the dishes, but you're quiet. . ." Swara says and picks up the glass from the washed pile, "Which is weird." She adds and starts pouring the drink in.

Ragini turns back around, continuing to scrub the dishes.

"I'm just tired." Ragini lies and Swara walks back to the fridge, keeping the drink inside.

She then walks out with the glass and inside the hall, seeing Parvati sitting down and taking the rocks out of the rice.

"Daadi. . ." She trails off, taking a seat next to her. Parvati turns to her. "Yes, what do you want?"

"Ragini's quiet today, did something happen to her?" Swara asks, taking a sip from the juice.

Parvati stops and her expressions stiffen, she sighs, looking back down at the rice.

"What should I tell you Chhori. This boy, more like a dog started barking at her. He insulted her in front of everyone. I felt like slapping him but she stopped me and said to forget it." Parvati renders in slight anger, shaking her head and continuing to take the rocks out from the rice.

Swara stops drinking and looks at Parvati.

"Who was he?"

"I don't know. But forget him, it's not like we're going to meet him again. If we will then I'll make sure I slap him for sure." Parvati mumbles, continuing her work.

Swara wasn't happy, she wanted to know who dared to insult Ragini.

Swara stands up and heads back to the kitchen. Ragini finishes washing the dishes and turns around, she sees Swara storming inside. "Who was that boy?"

"Which boy?"

"The one who said loads of crap to you?" Ragini was confused at first but then she realises who she was on about.

"Just forget him."

"No, I want an answer, who was he?"

"There's no point, he's gone and we won't see him again."

"But. . ."

"Swara, forget him. Okay, if I see him then I'll inform you, okay?" Swara thinks for a while, she then nods, agreeing.

The two then start walking out.

Lakshya, Nikhil and Uday were high. Uday had flushed the remaining down the toilet while hiding the rest of the packets inside his underwear.

"You'll buy me my baby right?"

"I will." Uday promises.

The three fall onto the bed and continue laying down. Just then they hear a knock, they turn to the side and see a Nikhil's father, Uday's father and Durga Prasad standing by the door with the police behind them.

Nikhil closes his eyes and Lakshya turns his head away, Uday blinks twice to confirm if he could see his father standing there.

"D. . . Dad?" Uday stutters, trying to sit up.

"Chi! Have some shame. . . What will the guests downstairs think when they see you in this state? Why? Why the hell are you so persistent on defaming me?" Uday's father says in disgust, not being able to look at his son.

"You broke your promise Lakshya, you're out of my property!"

"I never made a promise, you challenged me." Lakshya answers back. "All you ever do is threaten me, don't you have any better work to do?" Lakshya was angry now, he was ready to show his aggressive behaviour due to the side effect of the drug.

"Shame on you. You disappointed me, why the hell do you do this? Why Nikhil? You cannot get away with it every time just because of my name!" His father scolds in displeasure, utterly disgusted to even gaze at him.

"We just drank." Nikhil lies. "Everyone drinks." Lakshya states a fact. "So why have you brought the police?" Uday questions.

"They suspect you have drugs." The police state. Nikhil squeezes Uday's hand to makes sure he doesn't give any reactions. Lakshya closes his eyes.

"Not suspect inspector sir, but I'm sure they have drugs, they're high." Durga Prasad confidently says, encouraging the inspector to walk inside to search.

The inspector and his team walk inside and approach the boys, they could even see the effect of drugs but the police had no proof.

"Do you have a search warrant?" Lakshya asks as he opens his eyes.

"Did you know about Nikhil bringing a gun?" Inspector question and Lakshya scoffs.

"Not gunna tell you." Lakshya responds.

They were high, not drunk expect Uday but Nikhil squeezing his hand helped him keep quiet.

"Loooooooser." Nikhil scoffs.

"What mistake did we do to get sons like them?" Uday's father sighs in disbelief while talking to PM and Durga Prasad.

Uday's father was Durga Prasad's business partner, they know each other for a long time and that's how Lakshya and Uday met. Nikhil's father was the prime minister, he attended Durga Prasad and Uday's father's party and that's how they met Nikhil and they continued their friendship in the school as the three studied at the same school.

"We're putting the remaining two under house arrest." The inspector declares, making his final decision. Druga Prasad was glad as he wanted this, he was the one who informed the PM and Uday's father, then the three came with the police.

"Thank you Inspector." Durga Prasad utters.

"Get off my legs!" Lakshya and Uday scream at the constables who try to tie the device.

Nikhil starts laughing. "Hahaha! Now pity me, see, this is karma."

The constables manage to tie the device and set it.

"Inspector, I want to take my son to the office so he could learn, is it possible. . ."

"Yes, what time do you return from the office?"

"6pm."

"6pm?" The inspector asks shockingly and Durga Prasad shakes his head positively.

"Umm. . . We're not meant to but I'm going to add two addresses onto his device, so that it's always green whenever he's home and in office but it will turn red and will beep to alert us if he's out of the area. He's suspected to be involved with Nikhil and the gun as well as suspected to be high on drugs." Durga Prasad nods his head as the inspector explains.

"Ahhh!"

"The device will start working tomorrow and will be on for at least 2 months." The inspector informs and Durga Prasad as well as Uday's father nod their heads positively and the inspector leaves with his team.

"Sir, if you don't mind then can we leave them here? When they wake up, they'll see what mess they got into. Now that they will be under house arrest, they won't be able to meet each other for at least 2 months, we will let them enjoy their last bit together." Durga Prasad explains and Nikhil's father agrees, walking out followed by Durga Prasad and Uday's father.

The sun slowly started setting and eventually the sun disappeared as the moon shone instead. The stars twinkled around the sky, creating a beautiful view.

"No, what is wrong with you?" Lakshya yells and Ragini walks forward with an arrow and bow, looking at him with attitude.

"Apologise or face the consequences."

Lakshya struggled, he was was tied onto a chair with apple on his head.

"No."

"Fine." Ragini sighed and takes out an arrow from the arrow basket and puts it in the bow through the hole, she then attaches it to the string and pulls the string back.

Lakshya gulps as he begins to sweat.

"Ragini. . . Ragini." He says and she stops.

"I'm. . I'm s. . ."

"Ragini!" Ragini jerks up after hearing her name and glances around, finding herself in her room.

She looks at Swara. "Get ready or you'll get late." Swara says and steps off the bed, Ragini rubs her eyes and sits up. Only if her dream was real, she was about to hear an apology but Swara ruined it last minute.

"I so wish that happened." She mummers to herself and steps down from her bed to get dressed and go to the office.

Lakshya and Uday feel a buzz on their leg and slowly open their eyes, Nikhil was sleeping peacefully. Lakshya looks around and sits up. Uday closes his eyes back again, their legs buzz again.

"Shoot!" Lakshya jerks up, realising he wasn't in his room or his house.

"Why the hell is my leg buzzing?" Uday, in a sleepy tone asks and sits up.

Lakshya touches his leg and feels something tied to it. He tries remembering but couldn't remember clearly, all he remembers was his father saying he was out of the property and the inspector saying he was under house arrest.

"No frickin way!" Lakshya angrily huffs.

"What happenedddd." Uday asks but soon feels a continuous buzz which makes him stop talking.

"We're under house arrest too."

"What?" Uday shockingly drops his mouth.

Now Lakshya feels that continues buzz. "No way Mr Durga Prasad Maheshwari did this, I'm not going to spare him. Rush home right now, you'll feel better. I'm rushing to the office."

Uday nods, falling off the bed while Lakshya stands up and limps towards Nikhil's wardrobe. He takes out a pair of clothes and walks to the bathroom.

After a while, he comes out and sees Uday gone while Nikhil was still sleeping. Lakshya opens his eyes wide to stay awake and throws his clothes on the floor, he wears his jacket and rushes out.

They do that often as they're best friends, more like brothers, they wear each other's clothes and share them and sometimes they swap, Nikhil and Uday's wardrobe is like a second home for Lakshya while the same goes around for them.

Lakshya wasn't interested at all but he had to rush to the office as he was sure his father wouldn't only have him under house arrest, he'd have him under office arrest too.

'My cards blocked.' Lakshya received Uday's message and sighs.

"Here, have this before leaving. Uday rushed away without having breakfast."

Lakshya picks up a bread and smiles at Nikhil's Mum. "Thanks Aunty."

He then rushes out from the mansion, Nikhil's mother shakes her head, walking back to the dining table.

The auto-rickshaw stops outside the building and Ragini steps out, she pays the driver and heads inside. The watchman smiles at her and she smiles back at him, after greeting him, she enters the building with her smile hanging from her lips.

She was nervous but happy too as she would be learning something new.

Lakshya runs inside the gate and inside the building. While she was walking, she feels a nudge and stumbles forward, she turns and sees Lakshya standing there, both look at each other and look on.

"Ahh!" He hisses after feeling the buzz again, after a second it stops and she glares at him.

He sees her face and rolls his eyes, the two weren't happy with each other too.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? I'm working here." Lakshya replies.

"They accepted you?" Ragini shockingly asks while looking at Lakshya.

"If they can accept a Bhenji like you then why can't they accept me?" Lakshya rudely asks and Ragini points her finger at him.

"Stay in your limits. God, if I knew you're also working here then I'd never come. I never expected to see you after that day." Ragini warned, not believing it.

"Though I had a doubt they accepted you, I still would've come to tell you what a judgemental gossip Aunty you are."

Ragini's mouth drops and she narrows her eyes. "Aunty? Then you're like those old. . . What do you call them, haan! Godfathers, who nanny around petty gangsters."

"Oh shut up. . ."

"No, now it's your turn to shut up!" She angrily gritted her teeth and he holds her index finger.

"Keep it to yourself someone will chop it off." Lakshya warned and she jerks her finger away.

"Hold onto your tongue or someone will pull it out!" Ragini answered back confidently and walks forward, Lakshya calms his anger and was about to turn but Ragini trips on his shoes and falls forward but before she could, she grabs onto Lakshya's jacket and he holds onto her arms.

"Stop falling or you'll never get up." He whispered to an insult and she clenches her fists, standing straight, instantly letting go off his jacket.

"Don't worry about me, see yourself and ask yourself how much you have fallen, then come and talk to me. Okay?" Ragini remarks and walks away.

He creases his forehead but then understands and turns, seeing her walk away.

"Lakshya." He turns to the side and looks at the person who called out his name.

To Be Continued . . .

Up Next - Ragini and Lakshya in the same department (working under Sanskaar). Both start to argue and get locked in the file room.

Please kindly leave your precious votes and comments if you liked it 🌸✨.

I love you all ♥️😘

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro