1 5 - Comforting

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting everyone. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 15: Comforting

Ragini inhaled a deep breath as she entered the cabin with Sanskaar, Lakshya was scrolling on his phone, finding different ways to stop the problem he had created.

"Please, don't make any mistakes during the presentation. . ." Sanskaar pleads, glancing at both of them and as soon as his eyes fell on Lakshya, he sighed, shaking his head.

"Lakshya, focus!" Lakshya looked up from his phone, blinking at Sanskaar and Ragini rolls her eyes, trying her best to avoid Lakshya.

"Right. . . Sorry." Lakshya apologised, sliding his phone inside his pocket. "The presentation is done. We just need to go through it and make sure everything is good."

"You two get to it ASAP! I'm going to check if everything in the meeting room is working." Sanskaar utters and Lakshya nods.

Sanskaar walked out of the cabin and Lakshya looks at Ragini, who was ignoring him. Lakshya released a big sigh, walking towards her.

"Ragini, where's the presentation?"

"It's on the laptop." She replies, uninterestedly as she placed her hand on her stomach.

"And where's that?"

"With Sanskaar Sir. . . But I sent a copy to my email and for that, we need a laptop too." She responded, successful in not looking at him.

Lakshya knew she was angry at him for something he didn't even do but also knows that this isn't a right time to pick a fight with her, he needed to save his bed and wardrobe, for which he is willing to do anything.

"Here's the laptop, come sit down." He utters, walking towards Sanskaar's chair.

"I. . ." Before she could complete, he grabs her hand and gently put her down on Sanskaar's chair, shocking her.

"What are you going? How can I sit here?" She asked, standing back up.

"Why not?" He questioned, pushing her back down. "Just make yourself comfortable and don't stress. . ." He trailed off, pushing the chair forward. "And if you need anything then let me know." He adds, opening Sanskaar's laptop for her.

She was surprised by his behaviour and creases her forehead while staring at him. He, without looking at her bends down, putting his weight on his knees while typing the password on the laptop screen.

"Help me understand the presentation and I'll do the speaking, you can rest. . ." He utters, looking at her whereas she was merely trying to understand him.

"Look Ragini, I'm sorry but I swear I didn't do anything yesterday. It got stuck to my watch." He added, making an attempt to clear the misunderstandings, she was definitely not expecting an apology and now definitely feels like he's playing a prank.

"What. . ."

"We have less time Ragini, presentation!" He interrupts, pushing the laptop towards her and she moves her gazes while thinking.

Soon she loaded the presentation and looks at Lakshya, who was keenly staring at the screen, showing interest in every bit that needs to be explored, only he knew what was going on in his mind.

A knock was heard on the door and both Ragini and Lakshya look at it. "Come in." Lakshya answers and a peon enters with a food tray, which had fruits, a glass of juice and a glass of water. "Keep it here." Lakshya orders and the peon nods, placing it on the table as Lakshya directed.

'He's acting like he's the boss. . .' She thought, rolling her eyes and looking away.

The peon walked out and Lakshya faced Ragini, "This is all for you. . ." He trialled off, reaching out for the glass of water "Have some." He offers and she looked at him, not being able to understand what he was doing.

His sweet gestures were shock-givers for her as she knew how his behaviour was, this sudden change could only provide negative thoughts in her mind.

"No, I'm fine. . ."

"It's not a choice. Have the water. It'll help you relax, I hope." He utters, moving the glass closer to her face.

"But. . ."

"Have it." He forced and she gives up, holding the glass and taking a sip.

She was a little hesitant because she surely didn't want to rush back to the toilet again, it causes nothing but embarrassment for her.

Lakshya faced the laptop screen and starts reading it. Ragini puts the glass on the table and Lakshya looks at it.

"Why aren't you having all of it?"

"My. . . Stomach hurts." She replies, curving serious expressions and he knew why exactly.

"But let's focus on the presentation, so. . ." Ragini utters, starting to explain the points on the presentation to Lakshya.

While she was explaining, her stomach clenches and she sighed, stopping the talking and standing up.

"What happened?"

"I need to use the toilet, I'll be back." She uttered and started to move but Lakshya grabs her hand, standing up too.

"Use the one here, it'll be easier." He says and Ragini looks on.

"I can't. . . This toilet is Sanskaar Sirs and. . ."

"Just use it Ragini. . . A toilet is a toilet." He interrupts, sounding a little annoyed and walks towards it with her.

Her heart started to skip in fear but she had no choice as she couldn't hold it in any further. She closed the door after entering it.

Lakshya sighed, walking back towards the laptop.

"I never studied this much in an exam." He complained to himself, shaking his head in disbelief and releasing a yawn straight after.

"Clean that spot." Sanskaar orders, glancing around again to make sure the meeting room was spotless and clean.

He made his way towards the table, picking the controller up and pressing the power button. The projecter turned on and he sighed a relief.

He turned the projector off and placed the controller on the table neatly, besides the file.

"Oh no! I didn't give them the laptop! Urghh!" Sanskaar irritatedly sighed, cussing himself for being so unprofessional and forgetful.

He rushed out of the room instantly and headed towards his cabin, he stopped with a jerk while staring inside the window, surprised to see Lakshya scrolling on the laptop. After seeing a laptop in front of him, he sighed a relief and he also knew Lakshya knows the password of his login detail, which assured him and he walked away, to check for the final arrangements.

Ragini stepped out and closed the door from behind her, the closure of the door had grabbed Lakshya's attention and walked towards her.

"Do you need anything?" She shakes her head and starts walking towards the laptop.

He headed towards the food tray and picked up the orange juice, forwarding it to her as soon as she faced the laptop screen. She couldn't cope up with his nice behaviour and decided to ask him what was wrong.

"Lakshya. . ." But he didn't allow her to complete. "Have this juice. I don't want you feeling tensed or stressed." He uttered, forwarding the glass and she sighed.

But he didn't leave her a option, he had brought the glass closer to her lips and placed his other hand on her back, encouraging her to drink it. His touch had given her weird and awkward feeling, she blinked at him and started to drink the juice. At points, she wanted to stop but he was adamant on making her drink the whole juice and yet, he was successful in that.

He puts the empty glass on the tray while she wipes her lips. Lifting her gazes slowly to see him. Soon he made her sit on the chair again.

'I never did this much for my own Mum.' Lakshya thinks, staring at Ragini, who was looking at him.

Swara and Parvati were sat on the chairs, opposite the doctor who had examined Swara earlier.

"Yes, she does have cancer." The doctor revealed, shocking both Parvati and Swara.

Parvati gasped, covering her mouth with her hands while Swara's eyes started to water.

"But I think we might just be able to treat it. Nothing will happen to her, she's only on the first stage but can I ask few questions. . .?"

Parvati was slightly relieved hearing that the doctors would be able to treat it while Swara was still shocked, fearing the situation.

"Yes, ask." Parvati responded, placing her hand on Swara's hand to grab her attention yet assure her.

"Is there any chance you smoke?" The doctor questioned while looking at Swara and Swara looked at her with watery eyes, shaking her head negatively.

"Have you been around anyone that smokes?"
Swara lowers her gazes and nods, surprising Parvati.

"M. . . My colleagues smoke. . ." She utters, not being able to complete due to the sudden shock and fear she received.

"I think that's what has caused it. Second hand smoking, though you don't smoke but you inhale the smoke which does as much damage to your lungs as much as it does to smokers." The doctor concluded, revealing her knowledge about how Swara was diagnosed with Lung Cancer.

Swara swallowed her spit, feeling a lump in her throat and her tears slid out. Parvati's eyes start to water and she looks away, trying to control her tears.

"Doctor. . . Would I die?" Swara asked and Parvati couldn't hold her tears back, squeezing Swara's hand and the doctor curved a faint smile. "We will try all our best to cure it." She replied and Parvati turned towards Swara, allowing Swara's head to rest on chest while taking her hand towards her hair, starting to stroke it.

Ragini had finished explaining and Lakshya had nodded. Sanjay entered the cabin without knocking, grabbing their attention.

"He's here. . . Sanskaar Sir has called you two in the meeting room and. . . Good luck!" Sanjay utters and wishes, Lakshya blinks at him while Ragini smiles.

Lakshya holds the laptop and Ragini stands up.

"Where are you going?" Lakshya asked and she looks at him.

"To the meeting. . ."

"Ragini. You need to rest, you stay here and take care of yourself. I'll go, you already did much and I don't want you to compromise with your health." He interrupts, surprising her with his words, she wasn't sure how to respond to that and he had started heading towards the exit.

"Lakshya. . ." He stops, turning towards her "Good luck." She wished and he blinked at her, turning back around and walking out.

"Take care." Sanjay smiles and Ragini reciprocates to the smile.

Sanjay closed the door after leaving and Ragini was stood there, reflecting on Lakshya's good behaviour.

Sanskaar was nervously sat besides Mr Khurana and few other clients. Lakshya had entered the room with Sanjay.

"Hello." He greets and they nod at him, signing him to take a seat.

Lakshya placed the laptop on the table and Sanjay connects it with the projector. Sanskaar was staring at the door, waiting for Ragini to enter.

"Gentlemen, I will be presenting this presentation alone as my colleague isn't feeling well." Lakshya tells, surprising Sanskaar.

Though Lakshya was scared, he had to maintain his posture and be confident. Sanskaar feared they would loose the contract, not knowing why seeing Lakshya alone gives him negative thoughts.

"Is this all?"

"Yes, Bade - Papa, Papa and Adarsh Bhaiya will join us after the meeting as they're running a little late." Sanskaar explains and Mr Khurana nods, looking back at Lakshya.

"You may begin." He utters and Lakshya nods, inhaling a deep breath.

Sanjay successfully connects the laptop and moves away, taking a seat besides Sanskaar.

After few minutes, Durga Prasad, Adarsh and Ram rushed inside the office.

"Sir, the meeting has started." One of the worker informed after seeing them rush towards the meeting room.

"Shoot!" Adarsh sighed, stopping his footsteps along with Durga Prasad and Ram.

Durga Prasad's heart skipped a beat, knowing for sure that the deal will slide out of their hands and that they would go bankrupt.

"Looks like we have to wait." Ram utters with a frown, heading towards the sofa's.

Adarsh leans against the wall while Durga Prasad walks back and forth tensely, praying for the best though his mind was demotivating him.

Ragini steps out of Sanskaar's cabin and her eyes fall on Ram, Durga Prasad and Adarsh, who were worried and tensed.

"JiJi, I really like Parineeta and I think you made the right choice." Sujata says, pleased with the alliance while stirring a dish on the stove.

"And she's perfect for Adarsh." Annapurna says, happy she found a bride for Adarsh, knowing the two would stay happy.

"But JiJi, did they tell you why they rushed to the office? I find something wrong. . ." Sujata trialled off, facing Annapurna, who's smile fades and she stops cutting the carrots.

"I don't know Sujata, but I'm praying nothing wrong happens." Annapurna utters and Sujata nods, praying for the same.

It had been half an hour and Ram stands, walking towards Adarsh and Durga Prasad and as he does, his eyes fall on Ragini, who was sat on the chair near the coffee machine. He gasped, drawing Adarsh and Durga Prasad's attention.

"What happened Chachu?"

"That girl, she's there. . ." Durga Prasad and Adarsh stare in the direction Ragini's in, shocked to see her there.

To Be Continued. . .

Up Next - Ragini to find out Lakshya's a Maheshwari. . .

Drop down your comments and press the vote button if you liked today's chapter ♥️✨🌸.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro