3 2 - Ladies Only!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting everyone. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 32: Ladies Only!

He ran off straight after accidentally kissing Ragini, leaving her in shock. He felt embarrassed to face her and make eye-contact after the blunder he created. He closed the door and rushed out towards the gates.

"God Lucky, how the fuck can you be so stupid!" He angrily cursed himself while heading out, distressed and disturbed with what just happened now.

She swallowed while sitting up. She couldn't she couldn't what just happened, her heart was continuously passing abnormal rhythms and her cheeks heated up, making the colour rose pink visible.

She exhaled, frowning and stressed over the incident that left both of the embarrassed. "What was that!" She complained and closed her eyes, starting to feel her heart sinking.

XXX

The night was finally here, ready to paint another stressful day for everyone tomorrow.

Lakshya was laying on his bed, recalling the incident this afternoon for the nth time, continuing to curse himself for the abrupt mistake. He felt pressured to lock himself in his room and never come out again, that's how bad it was for him.

He tried going to sleep but failed as that memory continued haunting him. He heard footsteps and closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep. The door creaked open and Annapurna walked inside, managing to find time to see Lakshya.

Despite leaving Ragini's in the afternoon, he hadn't been home till an hour ago. Annapurna didn't have much time to talk to him as he headed straight to his room and never came out again. She exhaled as she moved closer, taking a look at him.

"I know you're awake and I also know you can't fall asleep." Annapurna uttered and he slowly opened his eyes.

"How did you guess?" He whispered and sat up, giving her space to sit down.

"You never leave your lantern on when you're sleeping and. . . You always snore."

He exhaled, feeling demotivated and she blinked at him. "I'm sorry for only asking about Nikhil. I should've been more considerate. I wasn't thinking straight and. . ."

"It's okay. . ." He interrupted her and spoke faintly. "Don't apologise. I was just being insensitive. I'm sorry."

She was surprised by his sudden apology and flapped her eyes at him.

"What's troubling you?" She asked as she noticed his expressions, feeling something isn't sitting right with him.

"Nothing." He replied and she stared at him, not believing him. "Lakshya. . ."

He gave up against her, starting to feel mixed emotions. "I feel. . . After the incident today with Nikhil. His mother only supported him while his father was hell bent to harm his child. . . If this was me, would Mr Maheshwari do the same? Would he choose his respect over my happiness? Would he let me get married to someone out of caste?"

Annapurna swallowed, placing her hand over his. "He would never want to harm you in any way Lakshya. I know, you must be thinking that I'm supporting him and taking his side but he may seem strict and stern but as long as you're willing to marry the girl, he'll let you."

Lakshya sighed, finding it hard to believe yet knowing Durga Prasad would never be as bad as Nikhil's father. Annapurna's heart was at ease, as this was the first time Lakshya had spoken to her in a calm manner and allowed her to sit with him. She wasn't expecting anything after turning up at his door but him letting her sit down was overwhelming for her. She could see and sense the change Lakshya wanted to make and felt pleased, yet emotional to see him try. To make it easier for him, she wanted to try too. In the hope that her relationship with him would mend for good.

XX

Ragini closed her eyes, each time having a flash of the incident.

"How could he do that!" She whispered to herself in a complaining tone, sighing as she opened her eyes again.

"Why can't I forget about it? Why is it affecting me this bad!" She slapped her mind many times to knock some sense in her. "It's okay Ragini. . . It was an accident. Calm down and get over it!"

She released a deep exhale and closed her eyes one more time, turning to the side. Trying to get some sleep, she remembered again and frowned, covering her face with her hands. "Urghhh!" She exclaimed and pulled her blanket, covering her face in it afterwards.

"Why do I feel different?" She asked herself and opened her eyes while hiding in her blanket, confused, shocked and clueless.

XXX

The next day, the wedding preparations continued and both Ragini and Lakshya helped out, yet, avoided each other as they felt embarrassed and awkward about the incident that happened yesterday.

Annapurna had spoken to Anupriya, Nikhil's mother and arranged for him and Palak to marry on the same day as Adarsh and Parineeta, managing to convince everyone, including Parineeta's family who said they didn't mind. Despite being disappointed in Nikhil's act, Durga Prasad supported him for the sake of Annapurna and in a sense, saw him as his son as Nikhil did grow around him. He was more shocked with the way Nikhil's father dealt with the situation, which resulted him into resigning from the CM post as he was receiving many backlash from the public. Especially woman's right NGO after they saw what had happened with Palak and young generation people who disapproved his attitude towards Nikhil and Palak's relationship. Palak's father was finished, he lost all his contracts and is on the boat to bankruptcy after his video went viral. The public were hating on him the most, for being such an insensitive father.

Durga Prasad cut ties and connections with Nikhil's father, not wanting to risk his image at stake for befriending a heartless man.

Palak's responsibility was taken by Parvati, who decided to be from her side as she had no one to support her. Extra arrangements had to be made, which out extra stress on everyone who had double weddings to prepare for.

It was one more day until the sangeet and mehendi party of the brides, which was going to be hosted at a venue of Mrs Lalwani's choice.

While walking with a box blocking his view, Lakshya slowly stepped forward, unknown to the fact that Ragini was coming from the opposite direction. He placed the box down and she stopped after realising she was about to collide with someone, he looked forward and she looked up. The two stood in front of each other, as silence of awkwardness spread amongst them. 

She lowered her gazes and he cleared his throat, starting to feel his cheeks heat the embarrassment light. She walked toward and so did he, letting his arm hit against her chest. Their hearts made an unnecessary movement, making this situation more than just awkwardness and embarrassment for them. She swallowed and he sighed.

"I. . ." He trailed off, deciding to kill of the tension between them and she lifted her gazes, instantly interrupting him. "Let's forget about it."

He nodded his head, "let's do that." He replied and she exhaled, curving an uncomfortable smile. And he reciprocated, the two separated ways and sighed a relief, placing their hands on their chests, feeling their heartbeats.

The day had passed and Nikhil moved in with Lakshya after Annapurna begged him to, wanting him to follow the traditions of marriage, so that their wedding could be celebrated too.

Excitements for the wedding were making everyone nervous. Especially the two grooms that were ready to take leaving their single-hood and be part of someone else's life.

XXX

Sangeet/Mehendi Day

The ladies were prepared for the day, decking up and celebrating the day with the two would to be brides. Keeping it traditional, males weren't allowed anywhere near the venue.

"What are you doing here?" Ragini asked, standing outside as she watched Lakshya stand in front of her. "Why is it a ladies only event?"

"What do you mean why?"

"There must be so many cute girls in there. . . I'm missing the chance to meet them. Can I just go and take a sneak peek?"

"No! Lakshya, if you don't leave then I'm telling Annapurna Aunty."

"Don't be a tale teller Ragini." He responded and sighed, watching two figures in long drapes secretly enter. Catching his gazes, she turned around and found them suspicious.

"Stop!" She exclaimed and they stopped, before she could approach them, Lakshya held her hand and pulled her towards him, instantly blabbering "I like you." Keeping her shocked and startled for the minute so that those two figures can go in.

"What joke is this now?" She questioned with a sigh. "Be serious Lakshya!" She added and released herself from his hold.

"What do you mean? Can't I like you?" He asked, being serious while staring at her.

She creased her forehead and shook her head. "No. You don't believe in all that don't you!"

"I thought I didn't, but I do and I do like you. There's nothing wrong in liking you."

"Yeah. As a friend. . . Now move on." She remarked and turned around, offending him. "What if I like like you?"

Ragini sighed, rolling her eyes. "I know you're joking. I'm sure you're just distracting me. Those ladies in the sarees that came in was Nikhil and Uday right?"

"After that day. . . I couldn't stop thinking about you. You were on my mind 24/7 and I. . . I felt something I never felt."

"Okay, good for you." She replied blankly, not falling for it and turned around, yet he made her face him again. "Why aren't you buying it?"

"Cause I don't feel it. . . You're not being honest and even if you were then me and you aren't a great combination."

"I agree but. . . Why aren't we?"

"You know. . . Cause. . ." She was finding it hard to explain why she doesn't think her and Lakshya were a good idea and on the other hand, he was starting to feel offended. "You're like fire and I'm like ice. We can't really be a mix cause we're both different to each other."

"Opposites attract. . ." He trialled and she looked at him. "But I don't feel the connection with you that we should normally feel."

He stared at her, not knowing why he felt his mood slowly changing while hearing her words. He felt upset, and that was really unlikely of him!

"You haven't given me a chance."

"Why, do you want a chance?" She casually asked and scoffed, while he blinked at her, thinking about it for two seconds. "Yes, I do want a chance."

She shook her head in disbelief, not really willing to believe him and turned around, seeing the figures disappeared.

"When I accidentally kissed you. Did you feel angry and irritated at me or was your heart fluttering?"

She instantly turned towards him and gazed around, making sure no lady was around or near to hear them and stared at him. "Lakshya!" She exclaimed in distress while continuing to glance around.

"You shouldn't be mentioning this here like that, people will take it in the wrong meaning. And we said we should forget about it!"

"Answer me first, did you feel angry or did your heart flutter?" He asked, keen on knowing how she felt and she blinked at him, not sure how to respond to his questioned.

"Confused and flustered." She replied with honesty and he looked at her.

"So why wouldn't you wanna give me a chance?"

"Are you still on about that?"

"Yes, date me. . ."

Her eyes widened and she sighed, "no. And shush! Someone might hear."

"No?"

"Yes, no."

"Why?"

She was slowly starting to feel irritated by him, "would you marry me after?"

He closed his mouth, loosing his words and thoughts for the time being.

"If you're not going to marry me then there's no point. Now excuse me, I have a party to attend." She walked away and he scoffed.

"She has the audacity to reject me?" He questioned and sighed, "and marry her?" He was confused yet felt a heavy burdening feeling hit him as soon as he reflected on the word 'marry.' "It's a big responsibility and I'm not ready." He mumbled to himself and sighed.

To Be Continued. . .

Up Next - Victims Of Revenge!

______

Please kindly leave your votes and drop down your comments, if you liked this chapter ♥️✨🌸.

I love you all ♥️😘

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro