3 8 - And The Story Ends.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The last chapter, yippie!

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting everyone. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 38 - And The Story Ends.

"Papa, move!" Durga Prasad opened his eyes instantly, exhaling a deep breath while glancing around. He finds himself laying on the hospital bed, with a canola in his wrist that is attached to the tube leading to the blood bag. He soon realised that he was injured really badly, which is why he had been hospitalised.

As he moved a tiny bit, he hissed him a slight pain feeling his back muscles ache.

"Mr Maheshwari, are you okay?" The nurse questioned while leaning forward, waiting for him to respond.

"Wh. . . What happened?" He managed to asked, not remembering clearly however his head was throbbing and feeling heavy.

"I'll go get the Doctor. . ." She informed and moved away, noting down something on the sheet while heading out.

x

As soon as the nurse stepped out, Annapurna walked towards her with teary eyes.

"Is he okay! Are we allowed to see him now?"

She felt uncomfortable while gazing at everyone stood outside in distress, having their eyes only on her and waiting for her to answer.

"He regained consciousness, you can meet him now but before you can, we would need the doctor to come and assess him quickly. Now please if you excuse me." She nicely spoke and Annapurna nodded, moving out of the way.

Hearing that Durga Prasad was awake, everyone sighed a relief and thanked god that he didn't develop any serious injuries. Annapurna wiped her tears along with Parvati, who closed her eyes while keeping her hands folded, muttering words under her breath.

Lakshya leaned back onto the wall, so glad to hear that Durga Prasad was fine. He wasn't sure why he felt at ease despite  the tiff between the two. He surly didn't want his father to leave without apologising to him and, without him knowing how apologetic he felt.

The nurse rushed back with the Doctor, discussing Durga Prasad's condition, and the two entered the room.

"How do you feel Mr Maheshwari?" The Doctor asked, moving closer to him and Durga Prasad looked at him.

x

The examination took a while while everyone outside the room were impatiently waiting and praying nothing to happen.

"He's fine now, don't need to worry, he'll get discharged today and you can meet him." The Doctor instantly uttered as soon as he stepped out, knowing that he was going to be bombarded with loads of question, thus saying the answers already.

Emotionally overwhelmed, everyone thanked the Doctor, who politely smiled at them and walked away with the nurse.

Annapurna, Adarsh, Parineeta, Sujata, Ram, Sanskaar and Uttara rushed inside as soon as they could.

"Why aren't you going?" Uday faced Lakshya, who shook his head. "It's. . . Awkward."

"It's not." Ragini uttered while stood next to him, "go." She softly muttered and he looked at her, unsure if he should go in or not.

She held his hand and nodded at him, "if you feel nervous, then know that you can always walk out. For now, you're the only one not there and this might upset him."

He exhaled a deep breath, nodding at her while slowly making his way towards the door. She let go of his hand, and watched him opening the door.

Parvati was about to follow him in, but Ragini stopped her instantly. "Let them reconcile first Daadima." She muttered and Parvati stopped, nodding her head positively.

"I'm fine Annapurna, why are you crying?"

"How can this happen?" She cried while speaking, "I'm so glad you're fine." She added and wiped her tears with her drape.

"Bhaisa, when Lakshya told you to move then why didn't you? What if something happened to you?" Ram emotionally scolded and Durga Prasad sighed.

"Exactly Bhaisa, why were you just stood there? Were you waiting for someone to make a heroic entry and save you? This is real life Bhaisa, not a drama. You had to move out of the way yourself." Sujata scolded in a low tone, yet so grateful that Durga Prasad was fine.

"Sujata. . ." She faced Ram, "I didn't say anything wrong Ji." She defended herself, making a face.

Lakshya was stood in the back merely watching everyone complain to Durga Prasad and felt like he didn't fit in with them. They looked like a one happy family while he was merely the black dot of the family. He had no rights to complain to him, as he is the one who took his rights away from himself. He just felt helpless, unable to say anything to him.

They made eye-contact and Durga Prasad recalled the word 'Papa' that came out of his mouth, feeling slightly emotional. After a long time, he had been longing to hear that but gave up, thinking their relationship wouldn't have mended. But right now, he feels grateful and thankful, for this situation as it brought him and Lakshya a step closer.

"Lakshya." Despite hearing his name out of Durga Prasad's mouth several of times, this time his soft tone had made his tear up. He wasn't ready for this, but couldn't hold back either.

"What. . ." He tried to sound rude, but his voice was cracking and everyone glanced at him tearing up. "Were. . . Were you deaf? Couldn't you. . . Hear me? Why didn't you move?" He asked while exhaling, as tears slowly welled in his eyes, yet he was trying to keep up till the very end.

"I couldn't hear you properly. . . But aren't you happy that this happened?"

He scoffed, while tears seeped down his eyes, "Why are, you, making, me, sound like a jerk?" He asked while pausing, "I'm not that bad." He added and walked closer.

"You don't like me, so I thought you'd be the happiest."

He chuckled, "well. . . You're right, but I don't want my mother to turn into a widow. She would've stayed single for the rest of her life after you'd be gone." He joked and Durga Prasad chuckled while the rest were shocked by this scene.

Lakshya lowered his gazes, trying his best to hold himself in.

"Lakshya. . . Earlier when you called me 'Papa', did you mean it?" He asked, and Lakshya chuckled again, lifting his eyes to meet his as tears continued falling. "Why are you bringing that up and embarrassing me? Of course I meant it, aren't you my Dad?"

Durga Prasad's eyes began watering too, yet he was the toughest and could hold himself, whereas Lakshya couldn't and began breaking. He fell on his knees with his head down, closing his eyes while crying.

"I'm sorry. . ." Everyone felt emotional watching Lakshya on his knees with his head down, begging for forgiveness from Durga Prasad.

"For what?" Durga Prasad was surprised but emotional, clenching his fist to keep himself away from the tears.

"For. . . Everything. I'm sorry, for failing to understand you and everyone. For not seeing what I. . . Needed to see and only seeing what I wanted to see. . . For being rude and spoilt. . . For always blaming and. . . and accusing you. . ." He apologised and inhaled while crying.

Sanskaar and Adarsh look in space and around, to get rid of the tears that was persistent on dripping out from their eyes while Ram, Sujata and Uttara glance at him with teary eyes. Annapurna starts crying again, with him. Durga Prasad swallowed, reaching his hand out and placing it over Lakshya's head. And that was everything he needed, he continued crying, as if there was nothing but pain in his heart.

Hearing Lakshya cry, Ragini, Uday and Nikhil start to get emotional, while Parvati and Swara wipe their tears. Everyone outside had heard everything as the door wasn't fully shut, there was still a small gap, and felt emotional too, having nothing to say. Ragini fans her eyes, trying to avoid crying whereas Uday gives up, letting those tears fall and Nikhil pressed his eyes with his hands.

xxx

Few days later.
Ragini entered a park and glanced around, heading towards a bench. As she takes a seat, she cocks her head to the side and smiled, seeing Lakshya next to her. She reciprocated to the smile and she forwarded a box.

"Daadima made poha, so I brought you some." She uttered and he took the box, nodding his head "thank you."

"So, how were these few days without me?" She asked, sounding dramatic and he scoffed, "so peaceful."

"I'm glad." She sarcastically replied and twisted her lip. "But boring." He added and she decided to ignore him. "Were aren't dating though. So, it shouldn't matter." He added, now using her trick on her.

"Right, it shouldn't matter because we aren't dating." She reminded herself too, yet only saying it to annoy him but he wasn't willing to be annoyed, he was in a mood to annoy.

In these past few days, Ragini had only been messaging Lakshya rather than meeting up with him, as she wanted him to spend as much time as he has, with his family and mend his broken relationship with them, which he had successfully done. After Durga Prasad back home from the hospital, the Maheshwari family had a family time with each other, talking things out and making their boundaries to each other clear as well as coming closer to each other. Thing had gotten really great for Lakshya in these few days as he had really started understanding his family and giving them a chance again.

"Everything did go well. . . But there is one thing missing. . ." He uttered and she looked at him, "what?"

"Ragini. . . Would you like to date me?" He asked and she flapped her eyes at him.

"I thought you'd never ask. . ." She trailed off her indirectly answer, curling a small smile "well, let's give you a chance." She added and nodded her head, giving a positive response.

He slid closer to her and held her face, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. Her smile widened and she lifted her head as the two made eye-contact.

xx

Cafe.
Ananya took a seat in front of Uday, nervously yet she played it off so well.

"Why did you call me here?" She asked, feeling her heart beating fast and he blinked at her.

"To talk about the confession you made to me."

"Oh, you remember?" She didn't sound serious at all, thinking he'd continue ignoring her instead of giving her an answer.

"Listen Ananya. You're a nice girl, but you deserve someone better than me." He honestly told and she was disheartened, feeling dullness develop in her heart.

"So it's a no?"

"I don't want to be in a relationship right now. . . I've already had a bad experience and. . ."

"And? Do you think I'll leave you like your ex-girlfriend did?"

He was surprised as he looked at her curiously, "how did you know?"

"Ragini told me about it. . . But forget it. It's a no, so I should leave. And not all girls are the same, maybe I would've chosen you over my family, who knows. . . But you just judged me even before knowing me."

"No. . . That's not. . ."

She sighed and stood up, "I'm sorry if I sound rude. . . I don't mean it. Take your time, I'll wait. It's not necessary to like me now, I'll wait till the time is right and come to you when you're ready for another relationship. Till then, take care and stay safe."

He was surprised and she walked off. "Why does she still want me?" Uday asked himself and watched her leave the cafe.

xx

__ Point.
Ragini and Lakshya were sat on a hill, staring at the sun slowly setting. She had her head over his shoulder while having her arm wrapped around his.

"This is a best place to start our first official date. It's just beautiful." Ragini complimented and Lakshya nodded his head. "It indeed is."

The two continued chatting while watching the sun set, having the best time of their life right now. What can be more beautiful than watching the sun set from a distance, on a hill and being with the person you have feelings for. As the two enjoyed themselves with each other, the sky slowly lost all its colour to the darkness, allowing the moon to stand out this time.

The End.

____

And done! How was it? Please comment and vote if you liked the last chapter! ❤️

Thank you so much for supporting me and this story, I really appreciate it! I really love all of you for loving & reading this story! 🥺❤️
I never expected to receive so much love! Thank you for being a part of this journey. Sending LOTS of LOVE 🥰😘😘✨✨✨❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro