Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

JIMIN'S POV

My boss was all smiles today. It was a rare view, but it made my co-worker and me work in ease.

We served the shakes and milk and coffee and cookies just without any worry.

But I got nervous when it was time to go home.

I walked as slowly as possible, my stomach acting funny all the time. I was only going because I don't want dad to say anything to mom.

But everything was unusually in place and calm today at home.

When I went home, I was surprised to find both my parents communicating with each other peacefully.

Mom cooked meatballs and soup for me today. She also brought red wine and lit candles at the dinner table.

Dad was all smiles and he definitely looked like he was going to be drunk soon.

I stared at my plate, filled with the meatball gravy and noodles. I fiddled with the chopsticks in my hand, not really wanting to eat it. I had my wine glass in my left hand. I traced the brim of the glass with my finger, making a soft shrill sound as I did so.

When mom saw I was staring off into the space, she called my name.

"Jimin?" She called and I looked up unbothered.

"Don't like the food?" she asked.

"No mom. I love it." I didn't even want to speak. 

"Then why aren't you eating? You barely touched your food." dad said casually slopping some gravy on my plate.

"Thanks." I said to hide the disappointment on my face.

"Oh. So how's school Jimin ?" dad asked.

"School's good dad." I said, the thought of the competition sitting in one corner of my mind.

He looks sleepy and bored. I could already tell that mom talked him into doing this with me. Even the sight of his face was making me angry.

My throat was dry and my hands were clamped.

I flashed a small smile when I saw dad looking at me.

Dad sipped his wine and poured some into my already full glass.

I pulled my glass back, stopping the wine from overflowing.

The wine spilled on the table and he shot me a look. Mom's hand reached onto his shoulders to calm him down.

I realize that I have been holding my breath until he started eating again.

Finishing my food quickly I wait for them, still not touching that wine glass.

"Why aren't you drinking?" He asked, wiping his mouth with the tissue paper.

"W-well I... umm I don't drink actually." I stated.

How are they even supposed to know? I'm eating with them for the first time in years.

Mom tucked her hair behind her ear while she studied the marbles of her palms.

"Well, you know it's basic manners to accompany someone while drinking. Lift up your glass." He commanded.

I hesitantly picked it up and held it closer to his glass, which he lifted up for a lanky 'cheers'.

The two glasses clink as my hand shakes before the cold glass comes in contact with my lips.

The cold liquid slips over my lips, into my mouth.

The bitter taste spreads warmth throughout my body. I hated how bitter it was.

Soon that first glass turns into a third until the bottle is finished and I sit on the chair with my legs sprawled on the ground, my eyes affixed on the body of my father that lay motionless on the table, his snores filling the room.

When I was assured that he wasn't listening I tried to tell mom about the competition.

"Mom, I had to tell you something."

"Yes, baby?" She looked at me with her eager eyes.

"Actually my lover and I are participants... in this music competition in our school and parents are invited. So... I was wondering if you are free on the 20th... Will you come?" I felt guilty asking her this, but I was also terrified.

"Sure sweetie. We will be there. What time is it?" She asked.

"2 pm." I whispered, slurping some more noodles into my mouth.

"I'll be there, with your dad too."

I just nodded.

Mom interlaced her fingers and sighed as and when his snores surprised her.

"I'm so sick of him." I say.

"I know."

"No you don't, you never will."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's not your fault anyway. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"Are you gonna stay here tonight?" She asked.

I just shake my head.

"Are you sure you can go to your lover tonight?" She asked, slightly worried.

I stand up and I can feel the sharp pain spread across my forehead. Everything was spinning and moving.

I wanna go home. To Yoongi .

I get out of the table and rub my eyes. My footsteps falter as I find it difficult to lead my way to the door.

"I will book you a cab. Wait." She said holding my hand.

"You-you d-don't need to mum. I will walk to their place. I will. Don't worry. Take care of him." I say freeing my hand from her crushing grip.

My head hurts so bad that I can't think straight. I look up at the night sky, at the canopy of stars.

They looked too big and bright.

I barely managed to book a cab. The ride back home felt unusually long.

But as soon as I reach, I knock on the door to find him instantly open it and throw his arms around me.

I almost fall under the pressure but I finally feel warmth spread across my chest as I inhale his sweet smell and smile before I hug him back.

"Jesus Christ, are you drunk Jimin?" he asked in an alarming way.

Giggling, I snuggle closer to his chest, hiding my face in the warmth. He pulls me in closing the door behind me.

I hate that I'm drunk, I hate that he made me drink. Now Yoongi has to handle this mess because of me.

"I want to punch him on his face." He whispered through his gritted teeth. I did nothing but giggle as I held on to him like a baby.

"Jimin, come with me okay? You need a cold bath now. I don't want you to end up getting a bad hangover."

"No. Just stay. I missed you." I never want to let go of that feeling.

"Oh Jimin, you really reek of alcohol baby." He said rubbing my back.

I didn't wanna throw up now. I guess I needed a bath.

"My head hurts Yoon. I drank 3 whole glasses of wine, because I swear to God he would have smashed that bottle on my head, if I didn't. Thanks to mom she calmed him down. I felt ridiculous. I couldn't wait to come to you." I think I was actually crying. I couldn't really hear myself but my throat was all tight and it was painful.

"It's okay, you're here now." I could feel his hand caressing my hair and I smiled in comfort.

" Don't get me wrong Yoongi . I love you yet too much. I am not selfish."

"No you're not. You are beautiful and kind and loving. You are nothing like them, Jimin. It's okay, I'll take care of you." 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro