19: Intruder

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mark's POV

I pulled the girl back and restrained her hands. I felt angry with her. She was taking parts from my ship. I growled at her. "Well, well! Seems I've found myself a salvage rat." She was struggling against me, but said nothing. I held her firmly back by her wrists, growling at her in anger as she struggled. Her struggling only made me more frustrated.

"Stop!" Matt commanded.

I looked up at him, but kept a firm hold on the girl, who stopped struggling. He walked over to us, then told me to let her go. I gave him a confused and frustrated look. "What?" My voice boomed.

"I said, let her go, Mark." His eyes shot me a look of trust. I sighed, letting the girl go. She fell to the ground.

"Now, what's your name?" Matt asked the girl, offering her a hand up.

"Why should I tell you?" She asked aggressively. "I'm a nobody." She stood up without taking Matt's hand for help.

"No, you're not. Everybody is a somebody, and I'd like to know what to call you." Matt said to her, matter-of-factly.

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "If you must, call me Peebles."

Matt nodded. "Nice to meet you, then."

This filled me with anger. "I want to know your real name." I told her. She rolled her eyes at me, turning her back to me, facing Matt. She began talking to him, so I stalked out of the ship, obviously unwanted. Walking through the corridors, I couldn't figure out why I felt so frustrated. She was just defending herself, I guess. I took a deep breath as I stepped into the forest landscape, and I felt a bit better. The forest was more open than my crushed ship, and I could breathe freely. My anger slowly diminished as I took in a breath of the clear forest air. I decided to push aside the thoughts of the girl, who seemed to be swarming my head. I thought instead about the task at hand, knowing Matt needed my communicator to contact the princess. I turned around to head back to my ship.

As I turned, the world around me became black. I took a deep breath and began to walk, refusing to be intimidated by it. I heard whispers in my ear, taunting me, but I ignored them. Suddenly, I was thrown backwards. I regained myself, finding that I was sitting in a chair. I tried to stand, but my wrists were tied to the arms of the chair. I sighed and let it be, not scared, but annoyed at this point. The figure appeared in front of me.

"Did you miss me? I missed you... Very much..." I turned my head away from him. "Aw, come on... I've been waiting a long time to see you again..."

I turned to him. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because, I've been pushed aside... Replaced.... Mocked..." My face contorted in anger. "But, no more. Never again."

"You probably deserved it!"

"It's my turn now." He whispered sinisterly. I growled, struggling against the restraints. He got his face close to mine, in which I could barely make out his features. I saw a sly smile on his face, which filled me with questions. "I've been waiting patiently."

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked.

He chuckled and stood straight again, his voice returning to normal. "Anything I want." A feeling of worry washed over me, but I dismissed it. I knew he couldn't do anything to me if I didn't let him. He chuckled at me once more. I'm not sure what he found so funny, but I knew I wouldn't like it. "I'm tired of giving people a choice." He turned and walked away, leaving me alone in the cold, dark abyss.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro