Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

At the end of the passage is a door, that leads to the kitchen and I open it.

Trina screams. "Shit, Katie." She place her hand over her heart. "You scared the shot out of me."

I place my index finger over my mouth. "Have you seen the guys that brought here?"

Rayna nods. "They're looking for you."

I pull mince out of the fridge and start to cook dinner.

Rayna looks at me. "Aren't you going to run and hide?"

I look at her. "No, I'm not going to run. I'm going to make dinner and if they make a sudden move I have a cult under the bench. Do you think I would work in places that didn't give me access to a weapon?"

Trina smiles. "Every inch of this place has some sort of weapon that she can use if her life is in danger. She's never unprotected in this place."

"Do you want to help me make food for the guys?"

"Sure,"

I look at the girls. "Leave this part of the mince for me. I want to make something special for our guests. I'll be right back." I walk over to the freezer and pull out the step ladder. I stand on it and search the medicine cabinet.

Where are they?

I push tablets aside and I find the laxatives at the back of the cupboard. Putting the ladder back behind the freezer I walk over to the girls.

Rayna looks at the packet. "If you put in full they are going to notice it."

"I know. Which is why I will be crushing them." I open the draw that's in front of me and I pull out the meat hammer. Putting the laxatives on the chopping board I start hammering them.

Tank and Iron Fist walks into the kitchen. They look at their girls and then me.

Tank hugs Rayna. "What are you doing?"

I look at the guys. "Making dinner."

Iron Fist looks at the chopping board. "I hope those aren't for us?"

"No, they're for the guests. I want to make them a meal they won't forget." I put laxatives into the mince and wrap a string around their mince.

That way I know which one to give our guests.

Trina puts the hamburgers into four frying pans and cooks them.

The guys that Dad invited walk into the kitchen.

The leader steps forward. "You've been hard to track down, princess." He brushes a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I slap his hand away. "Don't touch me."

He pulls me flush against his body. "What are you going to do about it?"

I raise my knee and aim it at his crotch. "That,"

He falls to the ground holding his junk. "Bitch,"

I look down at him. "I told you not to touch me. Are you done touching me?"

"Not even close."

One of his men walk behind me and holds my arms behind my back.

I use the back of my head and smash his face.

The guy loosens his grip on me and I step away from him.

I turn towards Tank and Iron Fist. "You can help me out anytime, boys."

Tank shakes his head. "We can't. The President told everyone to let you handle this yourself.

The last two guys come at me and I kick, punch and roundhouse kick them until they fall on the ground.

"Get them out of my kitchen." I point at Tank and Iron Fist. "If you come back here you'll find something in your dinner."

Trina pulls a chair out for me. "You should sit. I'm going to clean your hands."

Tank and Iron Fist take the guys into the bar.

Dad walks into the kitchen once the guys are in the bar. "Katie?"

I pick up a glass and throw it at him.

He ducks and the glass smashes against the wall. "I know your pissed at me for doing this, but I had to know what type of men I'm dealing with and the only person I knew that would stick up for herself was you of they did anything you didn't like."

"You tested me, Dad. For that I..."

Hate you.

That's what I want to say. It's hard for me to say that when I love my father.

He's a tough man, but he's the only person that has had my back since I was a kid. He's the only family member I have left.

Dad crosses his arms and looks at me. "You what, Katie?"

I rise and move over to him. I start punching him. "How could you?"

He pushes me away slightly. "Princess, I needed to see if the club whores and old ladies were safe. I can see the old ladies aren't safe if their not with their old men."

Jake walks into the kitchen. "You need to stay with Jake while their here."

I shake my head. "No, bloody way am I going to let them ruin things for me. I have every inch of this place covered with some sort of object that I can use to protect myself. I'm not going to let those arseholes leave me shaken up in my house." I point to the house. "This is my place and they're just the guests. They should be happy that I didn't hurt them worse." I turn towards Dad. "If they come near me again I will shoot them on sight."

Jake helps me back to the chair and he takes the wipes from Trina. He cleans my hands. "What did you, Katie?"

A smile spreads across my face. "I went Rocky on their arses. They deserved everything they got."

"I agree." He wraps my hand in gauze. "No, more fighting, Rocky."

"I won't unless it's provoked."

He kisses the top of my head. "I don't expect anything less from a Hughes."

Trina flips the hamburgers over.

Jake looks at the frying pan. "What are you girls making?"

"Hamburgers. I thought that I should cook something that everyone enjoys."

"I'm going to the bar." Jake says. "Do you want to come with me?"

"I don't think it's safe out there at the moment. I might join you for dinner though."

Half an hour later dinner is ready and I look at Trina and Rayna. "Take this to the guys I beat up. Tell them it's a piece offering."

Trina laughs. "Don't you mean it's a shit offering."

I smile. "It's the same thing."

The girls walk into the bar and I watch them approach the table. They place the food in front of them.

I see a spare laxative in the packet and I hammer it down.

I'm going to give this one to Dad. I think he needs to learn a lesson about messing with me.

I cut into the hamburger and place the laxative into the patty. I put the patty in the bun and carry to my father.

The guys and Dad are sitting at the same table.

I approach the table. "Here's your dinner, Pres." I place it in front of him and walk back to the kitchen. I make the rest of the hamburgers and carry the plates out to the boys.

Trina, Rayna and I walk into the bar and eat our dinner.

It's going to be a great show tonight.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro