153 - Troubles

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Fatal turned out to be more of a lost soul more than anything. He was pretty much a mess with finding me and destroying me being his only clear objective. However things did changes.

He only appeared because he followed Shattered to our multiverse through some kind of portal. Though, with how he ended up describing it, it sounded more like some kind of rift. A tear.

Problems for later no doubt.

He figured that I might have had something to do with it and went through only for his thoughts to have a moment of clarity once he did arrive. His jumbled thoughts were quiet and for once he was wondering what he was doing. I did ask why he was essentially hunting me and he did admit that he just remembered becoming the way he is because of me.

Or at least a version of me.

He didn't mean to cause certain problems but with a clearer thought process he wanted to see what he could do, which lead to the incidents that happened. He's never really had the moment to just stop and think. Upon seeing me in the western au his thoughts became jumbled as he realized something wasn't adding up.

He figured getting me out of trouble would give him to opportunity to figure things out. If it was a dud then he would have just gone through with his original plan of trying to kill me.

He sounded so sure about being able to kill me but I said trying because I've been brushing up against death so many times I'm basically teasing the skeleton reaper at this point.

I should visit the reaper at some point.

I had to explain how I wasn't exactly the entity he thought, how we all knew each other so well and on good conditions, how I wasn't trying to kill Ink on sight, why I wasn't going crazy on destruction but still did so as needed, and some other things.

I didn't mention everything I did because so much happens and I can't remember it all. Even normal stuff was being pretty forgettable.

Sci explained his side of how we met and how I kept coming back eventually able to come clean about myself.

Gaster explain how I ended up in his au after an event. He filled in blanks for me since I couldn't remember everything that happened in Glitchtale. It was a mess and a bit terrifying.

I very briefly glossed over Gradient and when Fatal tried to question why I accidentally surged a bit giving him a stare and almost glitching out the seat we were on. Gradient was not going to be a topic of discussion and he got that memo pretty quickly.

Fresh was true to his word, chiming in whenever he felt like it. Explaining the being that is Fresh to Fatal was just not happening.

Regardless, we got through to him. I wasn't a threat to him.

"Well I'm glad we managed to talk through that whole thing. However, Error, I feel like I'm missing something here." Gaster said and I thought about it. Then I remembered.

"Right, the gloopy positive menace. Ugh, yeah I need to get on that." I said with a slight sigh. I wish I didn't have to deal with it but I knew I had to.

"A what?" Sci asked and I shook my head.

"It's a whole thing. Right now I'm going to need help dealing with it. Fresh?"

"Already up brah." Fresh said already on his feet hopping in place.

"I'll be coming along too," Fatal said and to my surprise Gaster also got up.

"I'll be coming with you." He said as he straightened his coat.

"Are you sure? You don't have to-" A hand on my head stopped me. Looking at Gaster he looked amused. Or smug.

"Come now Error, you of all monsters should know how capable I am. Come along now. Sci it was good to see you again, don't be afraid to contact me again if you need anything." Gaster just clasped his hands behind himself and walked out of Sci's home. There was a moment of silence and the rest looked to me but I provided no response and just followed after him.

What was I supposed to say, he was already going on ahead. The rest of us caught up pretty quick. Before I opened a portal I paused to look at Fatal.

"Are you sure you want to come along? You don't have to." I asked and he didn't budge.

"I can help too. I can assure you that this won't be an issue. Call it a gut feeling despite our lack of it but I have a feeling it'll be more than we originally think."

"Uh... knowing my luck it would be. Alright just, try not to accidentally delete something. It took me a while to fix your mess in Underswap."

With that said I opened a portal to the Anti-Void and we went in. Immediately, I opened up windows to look for Shattered.

Underswap. No.

Undertale. No.

Underfell, Fellswap, Underlust, Horrortale. No.

I then saw a bit of a mess in Outertale and sighed.

"Outertale, why Outertale. My pretty au." I groaned and opened the portal before we went through. It definitely didn't look to be in the best of conditions.

But of course it wasn't going to be simple. When I opened the screen to check the data it mentioned multiple foreign entities.

"Come on!" I ran ahead to find anything really. The one thing about the terrain was it was vast. One of those entities came into view and I wasn't expecting them.

Core Frisk.

The last time I saw them was so long along. Next to them was Gradient.

"Kid!" I called out and they whipped their heads towards me.

"Baba?! Hurry, where'd you go?"

"Weird story, brought some help. What's going on?" I saw him point spotting something I didn't like. Shattered was fighting the 'bad Sanses' while the star skeletons were having their luck with Swad. The flying menace was back. There were unfamiliar ones too but I couldn't be bothered thinking about who they might be. I'm pretty sure a Flowey was down there. I don't know.

The fighting wasn't looking all that good. Nightmare, Ink, and Dream seemed to be holding fine but they couldn't keep track of everyone else.

I didn't know what to do and Core spoke up.

"Error there's something wrong. The aus are stable but entities keep popping up. I don't know where they're coming from. I managed to hold onto some but as you can see."

"Some aren't exactly cooperative. Right." I was tense seeing the fighting. Gaster patted my shoulder before going to help. However, I grabbed Fresh to stop him as a thought hit me.

"Fresh, I need a favor."

"Ah I gotcha. You want me to take the little dudes-"

"No." I cut him off. He looked stunned.

"No?"

"No." I repeated before I looked at Core and Gradient.

"You two go to the Doodle-Sphere. Whatever is happening you should find there. Gradient I know I'm asking a lot but I know you can help. Your abilities are unique. Go with Core to find a solution."

A opened a portal to the Doodle-Sphere and Core went through but Gradient hesitated.

"Kid please, we'll be fine." I softened my tone and that was enough. He went through and I closed it.

"So... why did you want me to stay behind?" Fresh asked and I sighed.

"We don't have a lot of time but these two are... a bit much. I need a favor but first, Fatal, since you're still figuring stuff out I would much prefer we don't risk your powers and have try to see anything in the codes... You can right?"

He looked at me before nodding and stepping to the side. I gestured for Fresh to follow me.

"So what's the plan?"

"I'm not sure... kinda. This isn't just a 404 thing where there's one entity and a goal. This is something more. When need to buy time to help the others and for Core to figure something out."

"So what are we doing?"

"We're going to need to be unpredictable. With that flying Dream my usual tricks won't work. A lot is unknown and I can't just fight like normal."

I took a breath and placed my hands on Fresh's shoulders.

"You are the most unpredictable thing I can think of."

"Aww thanks broski-"

"So I need you to take over." I said and his shades went blank. He gave a nervous laughter.

"Brah I don't think you're asking what I think you are?"

"I'm being serious. I can't think of anything since a group fighting right now isn't really doing all that great right now."

"Error, no. I can't, what if-"

"Fresh. I trust you." I kept my hands on him, even though I was trembling. But I kept eye light contact. I was serious. Fresh looked toward the noise of the fighting before slowly removing his shades and looking at me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I might be terrified but yes. You're not going to kill me."

"Me?! Kill my best broski?! Never. Alright. This is gonna be so rad."

Seeing the glimpse of purple in his socket made me tense but I knew what I was doing. At least I hope so.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro