157 - Pale Square

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

In the Doodle-Sphere, Core and Gradient were looking over Gradient's greenish screen when they heard the sound of others approaching their location. Core looked over first and waved down who they saw approaching.

"Hey, hey, over here." Core saw Nightmare approach and place down Error's body. Gaster did the same with Fresh's body.

"What happened to them?" Core asked as they leaned over a bit seeing that they were breathing.

"They're fine. Just resting," Gaster said seeing no need to explain more than that. He didn't want Gradient to freak out or something similar to that kind of reaction.

"What did you find out? Did you find something out? Is there a source?" Ink asked as he brought up the end of the group.

"Ink, shut up." Nightmare muttered.

"Kinda..." Gradient said a bit distracted from seeing Error's body on the ground. He shook it off seeing he had attention on him knowing that he had to focus.

"Right. Well. I only just noticed it as you got here..." He adjusted his screen so everyone could see it.

"The white squares scattered around are the aus. The dots are us. Those yellow squares are the special aus," He pointed out the different things before tapping his screen revealing a bunch of lines, all going to one square.

"That's Classic's au and what pretty much holds this multiverse together." He made the stuff on screen smaller so it was just a bunch of clustered squares together. Despite the cluster there was one line that seemed to go further out.

"That's what I just noticed." He pointed at the line that seemed to branch out away from the rest.

"Where does it go?" Fatal asked. Gradient shrugged and started moving the screen to follow the line. It was a bit far off but eventually stopped at a pale yellow square.

"An au?" Ink asked confused. He was fairly certain he would remember having an au all the way out there even if he was deemed as forgetful.

"Looks like it. Is it what's causing the issue?" Fatal asked, a bit of uncertainty in his tone.

"We aren't sure but it's the only thing that really stands out." Core said as they looked at the screen.

"I would place it as a possibility since every square has been white or a bright yellow. That one is pale, the odd one out," Gaster said as he gazed at the square on screen.

His attention was off the screen when he heard a groan.

Pov Change

I groaned feeling like an absolute piece of garbage. My head felt like it was splitting open down my skull and I could barely hear talking around me before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Argh. Go away," I muttered shrugging the touch and raising my arm up to shield my head.

"Error, come on. I'm sitting you up." I heard before felt my world shift. I hissed a bit and open my eyes.

"Ow! Ugh, what happened? Oh my arm, my everything really."

"Easy, you've only just woken from your little stunt." I heard from the voice of Nightmare.

"Wha-" I paused. I remembered what I did. The fight, Shattered, Fatal, Fresh.

"Fresh!" I looked around a bit alarmed. Where was he? What did he do?

"Error, relax. He's here." I saw Nightmare move and saw Fresh on the ground, asleep. I huffed before looking at myself.

"What in the ever loving gods am I wearing?"

"Ever loving gods?" Fatal asked raising a glitchy bone brow.

"I wasn't going to curse. There are children here," I said said before getting brought up to my feet. I felt lightheaded and held I hand out to stop anyone from helping until I shook it off.

"Baba, we might have found the issue." Gradient spoke up and I walked over to him.

"Wonderful, good news for once. Now please explain calmly as if I were a teenager recovering from a hangover."

"That was... specific." I shifted my gaze to who spoke.

"Ink don't test me right now."

"Right, well, Gradient found an au that's isolated from the rest. It's color is different and it's the only clue we really got to a potential answer." Core said calmly and clearly. I nodded, understanding.

"Hmm, better than nothing. Good job. I'm guessing that's our next destination then."

"Our?"

"Nightmare, you know I will go alone if I want to... but you've hammered the lesson into my skull enough. I'm going to need help and don't need to do everything on my own. You can stay or you can come along but I'm going regardless."

There was a moment with Nightmare thinking it over. Ink actually stepped in.

"Yeah, I'll be staying here. As tempted as I am to go along. I can't. I'm a guardian too, I have to stay and fend off any other threats to our home."

"Ink..."

"What? Surprised?"

"A little yeah," I admitted.

"I'll be staying here too, no need to go and screw up something," Fatal said going towards Ink. Gaster placed a hand on my shoulder to hold my attention.

"Well clearly I'm not staying. I need to see the cause of this for myself."

"I'm staying," Core said while waving their hand.

"I'm going with you," Nightmare said after he let his thoughts stew.

"Me too... oof." I heard heard and looked over seeing Fresh sitting up as he shook his head.

"Woah, brah that was a wild ride." He got up and walked over to me.

"Are you sure? You just got up," I said as he reached up taking something off my head. His shades. I have no idea how long they've been up there. His slipped them back on his face with a smile.

"Of course brah! You know I can bounce back fast."

I took a moment to collect my thoughts.

"Gradient-"

"I'm staying. I can do a lot and help out way more here," Gradient said with a smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You'll be coming back right?" He asked.

"Of course," I said with an amused huff. I patted his head and stepped back.

"Ok, point us the right way kid," I said and Gradient pointed out which way we had to go. Off we went to hopefully fix the issue.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro