28 - I What?!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Author note: Anyone else nervous? Just me? Okay.

Soon noon came around and I wandered to the foyer where Cross was waiting.

"Hey, Nightmare said you needed company."

"Yeah, mostly to keep watch though. If it's a trap you'll tell me and can keep watch if someone is coming that shouldn't."

"Sounds easy enough."

I was about to open a portal when Dust came up to us. 

"Hold up, change of plans."

"What's up Dust?"

"The ceiling but that's not the point. Cross the boss wants you to go with Killer. Apparently something came up and he needs two people."

"And why can't you go?" Cross asked and his tone made it hard to tell if he was annoyed or not.

"Me and Killer alone without a third to keep us from killing each other?"

"...fair point. I'm off." Cross left to where I assume Killer was and Dust turned to me. 

"I was only briefly told what was going on, a meet up right?"

"You got it. We might be late if we stand around here so... " I opened the portal and gestured for Dust to go in. Once he was through I went as well and saw the hooded skeleton staring up with an astonished expression. 

"Welcome to Outertale Dust."

"You know I was wondering why you wanted to watch over this au. It makes sense now."

My pace slowed to a walk as we both looked up at the stars. Eventually we did end up walking faster and Dust looked around at the scenery.

"...this place would make a good picnic spot."

"I was thinking the same thing when I got here."

Eventually we spotted a familiar looking house and used a shortcut to get to the door. 

"Do you even know what they wanted to talk about?"

"Nope, that's why you're also here."

I knocked on the wooden surface and waited hearing shuffling going on inside. The door opened a bit before opening fully revealing Outer.

"Error you made it. I see you brought company."

"Better to be safe than sorry."

"Ah, I get it. So come in. They're already here."

The use of the word they're threw me off a bit. Did he mean they like as in multiple people or does Core Frisk refer to themselves as they. I wouldn't be able to tell. None the less we both wander in and Dust immediately placed himself in a corner. Staying out of the way yet viewing everything. 

I saw Core sitting at the couch and noticed they looked unsure, not necessarily uncomfortable, just not at ease. Something was definitely up.

"Core."

"Hi Error, I know we don't know each other that well but this is important. I hope you don't react negatively."

"Well whatever it is must be important. I won't judge until I know whatever it is you want me to know."

"Right," they muttered before pointing at a room upstairs. "....in there."

I raised a bone brow in confusion and I could tell Dust felt the same way.

"Want me to check it out Error?"

"No... I'll look."

I didn't get it. Was something wrong with Papyrus? I thought he went out with the kid for something. Or was it something else in the room? As I went up stairs I could feel their gazes burning into my back and the atmosphere getting more and more tense. Outer decided to follow when I was halfway up and stayed at the end of the steps. I opened the door and looked inside seeing nothing at first.

I opened the door wider, saw another pair of eyes, and I don't remember what happened after. I just remember being in pain for a bit, I was in shock. I had a crash. 

When I came through again I saw the two skeletons and human figure above me, Outer trying to fan me off to cool me down. Dust sighed in relief when we made eye contact.

"He's awake, back up." They all stepped back as I sat up and held my head.

"What the heck just happened?"

"You crashed, I almost thought you were out," Dust said.

"Ok but.... what happened? I remember opening the door and not much else." 

"Well," Outer started, "I failed to mention something. While cleaning up that mess from that fight you might have left something here. I didn't know what to do and had Core Frisk help me out."

"Ok... I follow so far... what did I leave behind though?"

Core Frisk still looked unsure but a look from Outer helped them blurt out. "You left a little skeleton behind."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I WHAT?!"

I felt my errors increase and the others frantically tried to stop another crash from accuring. Once I've calm down and was on my feet the managed to explain more. 

"Outer found a small skeleton and had me help by keeping them in the Omega Timeline for safety while we waited for you or someone else involved in that incident to return. You had a right to know. We know you are involved since they also had error symbols around them, just like you."

"That battle... created a child..."

I completely forgot about that. It's been so long since that incident. Do they know? Do they hate me? Do they not care? Now I was really nervous.

"Error?" I looked up and Dust and couldn't really read his expression.

"Let's at least see the kid before you start to spiral ok."

"Yeah... you're right." 

We decided that maybe they should come downstairs instead of me going up. I settled on the couch trying to remember the names of the ship children I've heard about. In my past life I didn't really get involved with the whole shipping thing and pretty much ignored that area of the fandom.

Eventually two sets of footsteps came down and I saw Core first then the skeleton.

They had glasses, similar to the pair I had yet the frames were blue instead of red. They were dark like me if not a few shades lighter and had similar kind of eyes with one being bigger than the other, they had a black cross in right eye from what I could see. There were blue-green marks on each cheek and their finger bones were like mine being yellow and red. A light colored turtleneck with a dark hoodie with blue-green details, a red tied on belt, and dark colored pant made their outfit.

I could really see the resemblance. They looked young but not like a baby bones, they were also looking at the ground. They were nervous also. A name popped up in my mind and I muttered it.

"Gradient."

"What?" Dust said bringing the attention primarily to me.

"Gradient," I said clearly, "That's their name.... unless I'm wrong."

"No, they don't have a name. At least one they didn't share." Core Frisk said. 

Gradient hid their hands in their pocket looking a bit less on edge. "I like Gradient."

"Come sit." I gestured to next to me and they walked over. I can not believe this. 

If you were to ask me if I was ever planning on having a kid my answer would've been no. I'd think I would be a horrible parent.

Does that mean I'm going to abandon one that I didn't really plan on having? No. I'm not cruel. 

"Wow, I could see the similarities, it's a bit freaky.... what are we going to tell the boss?"

I forgot about that."

"....I'll think of something. So Gradient, I'm Error and that is Dust. Have you been treated well?"

I honestly have no idea what I was doing but it doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought.

"Yeah... the Omega Timeline is fine... I mostly kept to myself..." 

"I see... as long as you're ok I won't pry too much. You look healthy, thankfully," I gave Core Frisk a look and they seemed to understand the message. I was already attached.

Now life has thrown a curve ball at me, I was not ready for it but I was going to try and adjust to the best of my abilities.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro