#30 Where's Steve?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Steve spent the night with me at my house. He cuddled with me on my bed. With it being late at night, we were tired and neither of us talked. Periodically we kissed but did nothing more. At one point, Steve put his hand inside my shirt and rubbed my stomach, but nothing happened past that. Naturally, we fell asleep and didn't wake up until mid-Saturday Morning.

"Good morning," greeted Steve as he kissed me. "What are you doing today?"

"Not a lot. Avery wanted to have dinner with me."

"Want to do something this afternoon before dinner?" He kissed me again this time on my neck.

"What do you have in mind?" My hands were underneath his shirt rubbing against his skin.

"We could see a movie." His hands found themselves taking off my shirt as he kissed my forehead.

"I'm down for that." I stopped kissing and cuddling with him and got up before we took things too far. "I'm going to shower."

The next twenty minutes were spent showering. When I was out and ready for the day, Steve was gone which was strange. Why did he leave? I gathered up my clothes from yesterday and dug through the pockets of my pants taking anything that needed to be taken before I did laundry. One thing was missing. It was Sabrina's, Business Card. Freaking out, I looked all over my room to see if it was misplaced. It wasn't anywhere to be found. Did Steve find out? Surely, he couldn't have. I probably just lost it.

"Hey, where did you go?" I texted him.

Usually, there would be a response within a couple minutes. Ten minutes passed and there was no response. My mind began racing. Was he dead? I tried him on Snapchat. Another twenty minutes passed where I saw that he received my message but never opened it up. After some time, I ran outside and got in my car. He couldn't have got far. Unfortunately, I couldn't find him. He wasn't at his house, nor was he at my house. Where was he? Why was he not answering me? As the day passed, I grew more worried and even considered calling 911.

"I'm sure he's fine," claimed my mom as we drove to church on Sunday without picking up Steve even though we stopped at his house.

"I don't know mom. It's not like him to do this."

"Well just be patient. He'll turn up."

All my life I was told patience is a virtue and it built character, but right now patience was dead. Did he need some space? Did I do something wrong on our date? Did he want to have sex with me? Did he find the card in my pocket? These questions raced through my mind during the sermon that morning. It probably would've helped to pay attention to the sermon considering the topic that morning was on patience.

"Don't suffer in your worrying and give it all to our Heavenly Father," was the only thing I heard in the sermon.

The week went by slowly and Steve was still missing. Every time I asked Avery if I should call the cops, she told me not to. Thursday Afternoon, I sent a message to Sabrina asking if Steve was somehow in Phoenix.

"Not that I'm aware of," she replied.

Yes, I even called the place he had an interview for. They hadn't seen him, but apparently, they liked him a lot. All this worrying was getting me nowhere.

Hmmm. Where do you think Steve could be? And why is he hiding from Margo?

Comment and vote!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro