#1: [Twins]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The sound of clapping filled the air. In front of a line of young soldiers that were wearing a black uniform with neon green stripes, was a walled off iron barrier to the outside world, where monsters known as "Remnants" lived. The sky was a light blue and the clouds were moving slowly, as the sun's harsh beams beat down at the soldiers. Going up and down the line, was a gruff, stereotypical military man with short cut, spiked blonde hair and a rough beard.
"Alright maggots, you guys were chosen for this task. Let's see if you can past the test to become a member of the Remnant Slayer Squad! If you fail, there are only two reasons! One! Cause you died out on the field! Two! That you aren't strong enough! Now, let the safe zone's barrier be opened to kill these Remnants!!" The man called out, a with a thick American accent in his voice. From one end to another, he walked across about twenty soldiers worth of field, as the floor was a grey-blue gravel like material which was being kicked about by nervous and trouble making soldiers with black boots.
"Yes sir!!" The line of neatly dressed soldiers suddenly exclaimed, putting their hand up to their forehead.
"Good, now, let us begin!" The blonde gruff man pulled down a lever on a silver control panel. As that happened, a blare rang throughout the area, as the barrier slowly rose up, leaving dust kicking up along side it.

As soldiers ran forward onto the battlefield, the once grand city was broken down into dust and wreckage. The floor of this field was rattled with high hills, dips and much more, which were from destroyed buildings that collapsed to the ground. It was a disgusting sight, like a nuclear bomb was set off and destroyed this place. The crumbled and cracked remains were muddied and brown, and the once silver shine was now a dull grey. The soldiers wearing striking uniforms ran out, as Remnants of all different sizes, shapes and colours locked onto unknown looking forces.
"Yami, let's team up on this blue coloured freak!" A female soldier called out to another soldier. She held a black bow with a quiver filled with arrows on her back.
"Alright then, let's get this guy, Yumi." Yami replied. He held a sword which had a shiny, silver blade with a black handle.
The two ran up towards the Remnant, which was a four legged, much larger then the soldiers, light blue monster with silver lines throughout it's body, while his hands were sharp silver blades, and it's eye was a dark orange with a black silt for a pupil, giving an eerie appearance. Yami was narrowing his dark purple eyes as the wind blasted back his black bangs, while Yumi's black hair was tied up in a ponytail with her dark purple eyes remaining calm, as she grabbed an arrow and pulled it back on her bow, string tightening. As she let go, the silver tipped arrow was sent forward as Yumi jumped into a dip to shield herself. The Remnant's large claw swooped forward and sliced the arrow in half, as a sudden sneak attack came from Yami who stabbed his sword into the Remnant's bulky blue leg, as red blood spewed out and stained the blade. A cry came from the Remnant, as Yami quickly removed the blade and shifted forward, as he instinctively slashed another leg, rendering two in a poor condition. The legs started to bleed out from the gaping wound.

While that went on, Yumi set herself up on some rubble using her knees, and looked at Yami who was doing good work against the legs, hacking at it while hopping back and forth, using the high and low terrain to his advantage, while the monster was swinging its bulky blades around like an idiot, hoping for a lucky slice and dice on Yami. While that was happening, Yumi drew another arrow and readied another shot.
"Aim for the chest. The vital organs are always there." Yumi mumbled to herself as she squinted her eyes to get a better shot.
While she was getting ready to aim, Yami noticed this and stopped hacking at the legs, and jumped up on a high platform, confusing the Remnant.
"Come and get me, if you can!" Yami taunted with a smirk. The Remnant roared as it's opened his square jaw, mouth a purple with sharp yellow teeth, as thick yellow drool was thrown out onto Yami. The monster turned it's torso quickly, as the silver blade approached Yami. Suddenly, a swift noise cut through the air, and as a piercing of flesh was heard, the monster was screeching in pain and holding it's chest tightly. Yami looked forward to see Yumi just finishing firing, then down at the Remnant's chest, where blood seeped onto it's body with an arrow pierced through the heart. Yami gave a simple thumbs up as the creature dropped dead, crushing buildings alongside it from it's size.
"Let's go get another!" Yumi exclaimed to him, as she stood up and ran towards a green medium sized Remnant and drew another arrow into her bow.
"Alright, alright." Yami chuckled slightly and jumped off the building, running towards the creature as well, sword in hand, with the blade stained red. The two continued to fight Remnants using a similar strategy they used on the first, disable their movements using Yami, and get their heart pierced by Yumi.

After a good twenty minutes of killing, an alarm was heard. The loud noise signalled the end of this assignment. Yami and Yumi walked together towards the safe zone, or where they begun.
"Nice work bro, we definitely passed the test." Yumi chirped with a smile.
"Definitely, we killed like five of those suckers!" Yami exclaimed with a overconfident smirk.
"Well, they don't call us prodigies for nothing, " Yumi giggled with her eyes closed, her index finger wagging back and forth as she spoke. "Although, I wonder who was killed." She said grimly.
"I hope no one, everyone in this class were most likely non-expandable anyways." Yami said as the depressing mood got to him. Yumi put down her finger that was up in the air.
"Yeah... Well, let's just see what Lieutenant Kirishima has to say about this." Yumi said, undoing her ponytail with a soft sigh.

"Okay then maggots! Fortunately for you sixteen, you lived. Yukine, Tachibana, Akane and Kayano died in the battlefield." Lieutenant Kirishima said. "A moment of silence for the four, please." The sixteen and the Lieutenant bowed their heads as silence filed the air.
"Holy Hell, how did four die? Those Remnants weren't even hard..." Yami thought as he kept silent.
"Poor souls... May they rest in peace..." Yumi thought with a saddened face.
"Okay. Now, out of the sixteen, six of you failed. Kiba, Saya, Makoto, Yuriko, Kato and Rikishi, better luck next time." Kirishima said. "As for the rest of you... You have passed the test! You'll be getting your injections later this week so be prepared for a change. Reward yourselves with an MRE." He smiled at the sixteen. Yami and Yumi turned to look at each other as Yumi squealed and jumped on her twin.
"Yami, we did it! We did it, we did it!" She exclaimed as she hugged Yami tightly in excitement.
"Holy crap Yumi, chill!" Yami said as he patted her back, as she jumped up and down.
"No duh the two Yamamoto's were gon' in. Well done guys, but we were no good." Kiba laughed at the two.
"Thanks, Kiba. Better luck next time for you." Yami said as Yumi kept jumping up and down while hugging Yami around the neck.

Inside a cream coloured hall with wooden flooring were wooden tables laid out like it was a lunch hall. The seats were basic chairs as Yami sat on a table alone preparing his MRE, also known as "Meal Ready to Eat". He opened up a small, brown packet and poured the contents into a bottle of water, as it slowly turned the water orange. Using the spoon's handle, he stirred it around the bottle quickly as the powder dissolved and left the water into an orange flavoured beverage.
"Hm, I got bangers and mash..." Yami mumbled as he tore off the cover on top of a gold packet, revealing cream coloured mash potatoes and brown pork sausages covered with a thick onion gravy. "Thanks for the meal." He used his spoon and started to dig into his meal, quietly eating it, as Yumi pulled back a chair and sat down on it, scooting forward.
"Heyo!" She exclaimed with a smile. She started to rip open the top of the heavy duty plastic that was holding the food.
"Hey," Yami said as he swallowed his bite. "That's cold."
"Your supposed to heat it up with the heat pack first, dummy. You always forget..." Yumi giggled. She opened her packet and took our her tray. "Your supposed to use the water to get the heat pack started."
"Well, I mixed in my juice powder." Yami said with a nervous chuckle.
"You can use mine." She gave a pat on his back as she took a green packet and filled in some water. Taking a brown box, she opened it up, took the gold tray, and wrapped the heat pack around the tray. Yami covered his food with the cover and gave it to Yumi, who stuffed it in the box with her meal. Using some cardboard, they set it up at a diagonal.
"Ah, I can't believe we even got this far." Yumi commented as she opened a packet.
"I can barely remember how we got here to be honest." Yami said as he laid his chin and cheek on the palm of his right hand.
"Well, what I can remember is that we were running away from some Remnants and we ran into the safe zone and Lieutenant Kirishima. He took us in and gave us a home, realised our capability to kill Remnants and the rest was history." Yumi said as she took some cheese crackers from her packet and ate it.
"What I don't get is why we weren't in the safe zone to begin with... Why we didn't have parents... Why-" Suddenly, peanuts hit Yami's face. He lifted his face off his hand and looked at Yumi with an annoyed face.
"Hey, don't get depressing on me now..." She pouted. "I'm not sure either. Just be glad we even survived for ten years out there..."
"We've been in the safe zone for six years then, huh?" Yami picked up a peanut on the table and ate it.
"And two years of training," Yumi smiled.
"Right, that." Yami opened up a packet with normal crackers. "Ah man, these aren't cheese flavoured..."
"Trade!" Yumi snatched the packet out of his hand and gave Yami her packet.
"...!" He looked surprised.
"Your the younger one, so I have to give you what you want." Yumi smiled.
"Yeah, definitely the older one." Yami said as he ate the crackers. "We don't even know whose older, plus we don't even know our own birthdays. All we know is that we're twins and we're sixteen."
"Our pasts are freaky." Yumi gave a straight face and took out the packets in the box. "Here." She put down Yami's food in front of him, and put her one down in front of her. "Also, we already settled that I was older since I was slightly taller."
"Ugh, fine." Yami said as he removed the cover and steam rose. "Perfectly hot food... Yum." He started to eat. Yumi removed her cover to find yellow spaghetti with a brown bolognese on top.
"Oh nice!" Yumi smiled and started to twirl round the noodle using her fork. "Oh, thanks for the food!" She said with a mouthful of spaghetti.
"Hey, sis, what made us want to join the R.S.S?" Yami asked as he took a bite of his sausage.
"Cause we were stupid teens who wanted to kill monsters like in those manga thingies you read." Yumi said as she slurped her spaghetti.
"Don't slurp," Yami complained as he ate. "What we didn't realise how nerve racking it is to actually pull it off flawlessly and not to waver..."
"Yeah, I heard a bunch of kids dropped from trauma of killing a monster." Yumi said as she this time bit off her spaghetti.
"Yeah, well, I mean, we've been hurting them to survive, but we never actually killed one until then." Yami said as he stood up.
"I know what you mean." Yumi said as she reminisced of the past.

Ten year old Yami and Yumi ran together from a red bird like Remnant with grey scales and yellow, sharp eyes.
"Sis!!" Yami looked behind, brushing away his long black hair while trying to hold Yumi's hand so they wouldn't lose each other.
"Yami, just go on ahead!!" Yumi cried.
"No way, I'm not leaving you behind!" Yami exclaimed as tears welled in his eyes. The two were had wounds all over their body. Their clothes were shabby and their shoes were at their limit, close to breaking. Yumi's hair was especially long and messy, and she carried a brown backpack. Yami went back to Yumi and grabbed her as the Remnant closed in. Holding each other's hands tightly, the two jumped into a pit and crashed in there. They decided to crawl under a building to hide.
"Yami, are you ok? You took my fall..." Yumi said with worry as she examined her brother.
"I'm fine..." Yami groaned as the back of his clothes were ripped slightly. "My back just hurts, that's all..." The two kids panted heavily.
"Let's stay here for the night..." Yumi said. She took off her backpack and gave Yami the scarce water they had. He took it and drank some, before giving it to Yumi who put it away.

"Those were the days." Yami sat back down returning with a cup of water.
"Days of living hell... I want to forget about them." Yumi said as she finished her food.
"Hey, at least those days enhanced our skills as soldiers and made us prodigies. Be thankful for that." Yami chuckled.
"I guess." Yumi said with a slightly sour face.
"C'mon, let's get back to our dorm, I want to show you something Kiba gave me!" Yami exclaimed.
"Alright, alright, but first let me bin this." Yumi grinned, signalling at her empty tray.

================================

A/N

Well then, welcome to the A/N, where I do comedic relief, say whatever and add my personal touch to each chapter. Personally, I enjoyed writing this. Shout out to my editors Vidjauser and _MaLfAy_ who was also my researcher. Thanks to my manager PedoFace4Life for being my manager, Rave_queen21 ,
LittleMessiMagic and humna_k for hyping up the book a bit cause you guys helped with my self confidence, and everyone else who actually found this book and gave it a fucking shot. Whether this was by accident or you had to scroll deep in Action, or just picked it up for the lols, I appreciate that you bothered to click on this passion project and my horrific writing skills.

I really do appreciate it, cause I haven't actually completed an adult sized book in my life (it's a shocker, yes...) and it's embarrassing cause I'm even bothering to write a story when my main source of reading is manga...

Oh God, I'm turning red while I'm writing this, how embarrassing... O////O

Plus, there are a MILLION better stories you could sink your teeth in, not this... Well, THIS monstrosity, haha. (As you can see I barely have any self confidence SEND HELP)

Also, please, please, PLEASE! Do not steal any characters or any ideas or whatever, from this book. This is purely a book I've put together for fun and I'd hate to see it get ripped off. So PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING!!

Basically, I CLAIM COPYRIGHT XD

Also, any parallels to real life events are purely coincidental, and characters, events and everything else that happens in this book is fiction.

So yeaaaaaa. Chapter two will revolve around a new dynamic duo which isn't Yami and Yumi, but they'll be important later on.

That's all from me, Fox, and I hope you enjoy this little extra.

Extra: Kiba's Gift

Yami: Yumi, check this out! *shows what Kiba gave him*

Yumi: Now, that's cool.

Yami: So shiny!!

Yumi: So unique in shape...

Yami: And it doesn't even smell!!

Yumi: It's holy crap...

Yami: Very literally. *holding a poop shape statue painted in gold and shining*

Fox out!

Word count: 2801

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro