#2: [Test]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

In a room that was painted a relaxing blue and cream colour, the floor was a soft, dark brown carpet. A dark red, short cut, haired girl was studying at a wooden table in a leather chair. The blue curtains with a floral designs were closed as it was night outside and a bright light illuminated the room as the lights were on. Suddenly, a creaking of a door opening raised a the girl's eyebrow. Turning to look who it was, the girl saw a boy with spiked brown hair, going in all directions.
"Hey Kou." The boy said.
"Oh, Takayuki." She said, pushing up her glasses that rested against her nose, eyes a dark green.
"Studying for the exam?" He asked with a laugh. Takayuki had cold blue eyes.
"Yeah, pretty much," Kou said with a sigh as Takayuki took the glasses off her and put them on.
"For someone who doesn't need glasses, I'm surprised you put mine on." He said, sitting down on his bed. The room the two was in was a dorm room in a block of buildings that housed trainees for the Remnant Slayer Squad.
"Sorry," She stuck her tongue out, "I thought it'd help me learn. I'm bad at the written side of things." And put her tongue back, her expression changing to a bored one.
"The theory lessons huh? Man, that must be nice..." Takayuki sighed as he flopped onto his bed, sinking in the white duvet.
"Ah c'mon Yuki, having brains is good!" Kou tried to cheer him up, even though she herself wasn't all that cheerful either. It was written all over her face; she looked angry at him more than anything.
"But it's pointless in battle, you've got the athletic skills I could never have...!" Takayuki exclaimed through gritted teeth as he took off his glasses and stared at them, lifting them in front of his face.
"Hey, calm down!" Kou snapped. "I get it, you wanna be strong, but I wanna be smart! We can cover each other's asses, so cram it! It's our own fault we're some of the weakest in our class!"
"Correction, the weakest." Takayuki narrowed his eyes and bit down on his tongue. "You maybe strong, but your talents aren't as good as the others. I maybe good at the thinking, but there are smarter people then me. Couple the fact that we're weaker in the other areas and you've got a recipe for disaster..."
"Just be glad your even in the Remnant Slayer Squad's Training. There's a certain level to pass ya know!" Kou growled.
"I know that... But we barely scraped in." Takayuki sighed. "We were also put in the same room as well... Also known as the "Drop Out Dorm"."
"That old tale...? Yeah, I don't buy into that, we're nearly there! All that's left is the Injection Test tomorrow and we'll be members!" Kou exclaimed with spirit.
"What if we fail? Do we just repeat our training all over?" Takayuki snarled. "This really puts me on edge... You know."
"We'll be fine! Now help me idiot!" Kou exclaimed.
"Then help me with my training." Takayuki said, sitting up.
"Deal, but help me now since we're already here." Kou said. Takayuki put the glasses on his bed and walked over to Kou, leaning forward and picking up some papers scattered across the desk.
"Practice tests?" Takayuki raised a brow. "Tests from past years... I see now."
"Yeah, I got some of the questions filled in. The most common one is how were Remnants born, but everyone knows that the Big Bang happened and when we were born into world, Remnants were also just there. People think that humans from the old world are the Remnants, but that's stupid." Kou laughed.
"Right. Since this is the written exam, there'll also be questions on Remnants, weapons and what not." Takayuki nodded as he looked through the questions. He noticed a blank. "Do you really don't know if it's necessary to use a weapon once your part of the RSS?"
"Nah... I think you don't need it afterwards cause of the injection, but I'm not sure." Kou scratched her head.
"Remember that the injection mutates your body to make it similar to a Remnant. Oh, by the way, that's where the myth of humans are Remnants, come from. Anyways, back on topic, if the injection doesn't include a way to use a weapon, then your allowed to use a Remnant Gear, weapons which are what soldiers use. There are levels. Everyone should be able to grasp Level 2 Remnant Gear as everyone uses Level 1 Gear while in training, but Level 3 and higher is a much different story." Takayuki explained.
"I see!" Kou took some notes down, using her black ballpoint pen to write on the test.
"How much ink and paper did you waste from the photocopier?" Takayuki mumbled. "Anyways, let's see..."
"Oh, this question!" She said as she pointed at the paper.
"You don't even know about the Platoon's? Jeez..." Takayuki rubbed the space between his eyes by using the thumb and index finger, rubbing it up and down softly. "A duo from each low, middle and top class will come together to form the six team Platoon."
"Ah, I see!" She wrote it down. "How about this?"
"Can Remnants speak and understand our language?" He read off the page. "Well, some can."
"Hm, what about this question? What do you do when your deep in the remnant zone and your teammates are injured or dead?" Kou asked.
"You treat the person to the best of your ability as your taught basic first aid, then you find the nearest safe zone and get there to treat the injuries you couldn't without certain equipment. For the dead, take any useful items from them, and bury them in the safe zone." Takayuki answered. "It's common knowledge, come on."
"Sorry! Well, I think I've got everything else down." Kou said as she flipped through the pages.
"Let's train!" Takayuki exclaimed suddenly, slamming his hand onto the table.
"Fine, fine." Kou stood up and took off her current red shirt, revealing her P.E kit underneath. It was a plain white shirt, and she had black shorts. She grabbed her blue trainers and put them on, tying up the shoelaces quickly.
"Yeah I'm not changing." Takayuki said as he was in a opened zip black hoodie with a blue shirt underneath and navy blue jogging bottoms.
"Get some trainers on at least." Kou said as she headed outside.
"Right." Takayuki walked over to their white mini fridge and opened the door, grabbing two cartons of melon flavoured milk; immediately closing the door to the fridge. He proceeded to slip his feet inside black trainers. When leaving the room, he turned off the lights and closed the door with a soft click. Takayuki pulled out a gold key from his hoodie pocket and plugged it in the golden keyhole, twisting the key and locking the room.

Kou and Takayuki were walking inside a large school like building, strolling through the white coloured hall at a brisk pace to get to a training centre.
"The training facilities are always open, right?" Kou asked with uncertainty.
"Yeah, pretty much open twenty-four seven. Closed during the murder hour and really late hours though." Takayuki said. "If we're lucky, we might get the whole room."
"Hope so, cause your gonna need the space." Kou teased at him, starting to pick up the pace.
"What are trying to say about me?" Takayuki raised a brow with narrowed eyes and ticked off expression. Kou quickly peeked at his face and started to giggle under her breath.
"That you need a lot of space to fight, that's all." She said, trying to hold back laughter.
"Simulates a real fight though." Takayuki shrugged it off.
"You don't get it..." Kou started to giggle louder.
"Right, right." He sighed, as the two turned left and walked down another hallway where two glass doors signalled the End.
"There it is!" She exclaimed with giggles bursting out slightly as she saw the centre. Proceeding to run down the hall at a high speed, Kou moved her arms back and forth like a pendulum and kicked her legs high as she ran.
"Wait up!" Takayuki called as he bent his body slightly forward as he started to run faster, not moving his arms back and forth that hard, and ran weaker than Kou.
"Hurry up!" The glass doors automatically slid open as Kou got near it and entered the centre.
"Okay, okay!" He panted and entered the centre, face showing annoyance at Kou's excitement.
"Great, we can begin." Kou grinned at Takayuki who put his hands on his thighs and breathed heavy.
"Whoo..."
"Old man." She commented.
"Hey, you pulled that run out of your ass!!" Takayuki replied with anger.
"Ah cram it, not my fault you don't have stamina. Your best suited for a quick bursts of sudden attacks then falling back to be frank." Kou said as she walked over to a stand holding black and neon green swords, the only real colour in the white coloured room. Clear glass windows were up high and the dark night sky and it's bright stars shined into the centre. On the far right was a medical bay where students would treat their wounds while training.
"Right..." Takayuki sighed, cheeks slightly red. "She has a point... Dammit."
"Now, take this." Kou pulled out a sword and held it blade down in front of Takayuki.
"Mm, thanks." He replied, putting down the cartons of milk on a long, low wooden bench on the side. Takayuki grasped the sword and got used to it's weight.
"I gave you a light weight one, but mine is a heavier one so you get a bit more of an advantage." Kou said as she readied herself.
"I know that swords are the most common used gear, but are there any scythes? I'm just used to those mor-" Kou put her finger on Takayuki's lip.
"Shush, just let me teach you in the art of sword fighting and Remnant slaying." She smirked as she pulled away the finger.
"Fine..." Takayuki sighed.
"Okay! Lesson one of fighting! Defense is key and will save your life!!" Kou exclaimed, putting up one finger with her left hand, sword grasped tightly in the other.
"Defense?" Takayuki raised a brow, sword gripped loosely in his right hand while using his left hand to scratched the back of his head.
"Yup!" Kou smiled. "Now, since Remnants are unpredictable, defense has to be on your mind first."
"What if the Remnant is defensive?" Takayuki asked.
"If that's the case, strike while the iron is hot." She answered his question, pushing off one foot and charging forward head first at Takayuki.
"Holy-!" He exclaimed as he readied his sword with two hands while Kou pulled her hand up to stomach length, and swiftly moved her hand to the side as the sword dragged behind her.
"Incredible, this is light weight and I need to use two hands, but that's a heavy weight but she only needs one..." Takayuki thought, amazed at her skill in fighting. He took a step back as the sword grazed his open zipped hoodie.
"When you move back, there's on opening to strike!" Kou exclaimed as she readied her next swing as Takayuki quickly thrusted forward, the blade moving at a high speed as it targeted her stomach. She replied with quickly jumping to the side as Takayuki missed his target. Suddenly, Kou brought her sword up, then down as it crashed down at lightning speed as Takayuki's reaction was to immediately clash swords.
"Good job, your instincts and reflexes took over and saved you! Now, in this situation, pull back and while the opponent is recovering, strike again!" Kou exclaimed as she pulled away and readied her sword again as Takayuki started another strike.
"I get it now, with a heavy sword, you reset it slightly so you can strike again, but with a light weight, you can immediately swing once more!" He thought, swiping sideways as Kou dropped her sword and rolled away.
"I'm unarmed, come at me!" She teased as Takayuki rushed forward, quickly swinging up and down as Kou rolled away. Takayuki repeated this, but Kou kept dodging quickly, mainly at the last second. Soon, Takayuki was gasping for air and Kou arrived next to her sword and picked it up, reading herself as she breathed slightly faster.
"Son of a..." Takayuki cursed.
"Be careful, cause Remnants also have intelligence." Kou said, catching a breather.
"Right..." He nodded, before mustering whatever stamina was left deep inside him and ran forward with the rest of his energy, face showing a want to prove himself with his teeth gritted hard.
"On the aggressive while out of breath?! You wanna die?!" Kou growled at his rash and peculiar behaviour, as she ran up and moved her sword down, then upwards in a sideways fashion while Takayuki had his sword up in the air while it quickly moved down towards her shoulder.
"No, I wanna try this out!" Takayuki replied as Kou quickly pushed her sword forward. Slowly but surely it ripped through his clothing, as a large incision was made in his upper stomach. Kou's sword was now stuck in Takayuki's stomach as Takayuki dropped his sword in pain and surprise.
"Really?" She asked with slight guilt in her voice, as she pulled out the sword. A thin red liquid escaped from the cut and onto the pure white floor and staining it. The blade of the sword was covered in blood as Kou held the handle tightly. Takayuki dropped to his knees, trousers being soaked in blood from the floor.
"...why?..." Takayuki asked while shaking, face a ghostly white. He clutched his stomach wound with both hands, as it bubbled out pink intestines. Suddenly, he coughed hard as blood spewed from his mouth, as it rolled down his cheek and stained his shirt.
"That's what gonna get you killed, Yuki." Kou said, looking sympathetic at Takayuki's pained and agonised face. Tears started to well up in his cold blue eyes as she loosened her grip on sword and sighed.
"Hey, just get me..." Takayuki coughed as more blood was being thrown up by him. Kou kneeled down to his level and patted his back.
"Just breathe slowly, okay? I'll get you to the medical bay." Kou said as she put down her sword. Her hands were going under his legs and back slowly, as she stood up and carried him, bridal style.
"..." Takayuki started to become a dark shade of red as Kou walked over to the bay with a relieved face.
"Aw, I'm sorry that I did that to you Himeyuki." Kou chuckled.
"Hey, don't call me a snow princess..." Takayuki coughed some more, hands still on the gap in his stomach.
"Just don't speak, okay Himeyuki?" Kou said as she carried him over.
"This is embarrassing..." Takayuki sighed, his eyes closing.
"No speaking! Now, I shall be your knight in shining armour, Kishikou!" Kou exclaimed, laughing at her own joke.
"It's not funny..." He thought with a slight smile.

================================

A/N

Well then, Kou and Takayuki was just introduced. XD

I'm pretty proud of my Himeyuki and Kishikou joke for some reason. Snow Queen and Happiness Knight, that's seems legit

I honestly have not much more to say but: I HATE REVISING THIS BOOK

Enjoy the Extra!

Extra: Spilt Fruit Milk

Kou: Oh hey Yuki, I found some Fruit Milk here!

Takayuki: Oh damn, we didn't drink this did we?

Kou: Oh... No, we didn't.

Takayuki: It's probably gone spoiled...

Kou: But its fruit milk, so it's not like normal milk. I bet it's fine. *takes carton*

Takayuki: Have fun destroying your intestines like you did mine

Kou: *drinks a bit* ...

Takayuki: So?

Kou: ...it tastes... Fine!!

Takayuki: Gimme it! *takes it and drinks a big gulp* ...

Kou: So?

*ambulance siren*

Kou: Wait, milk poisoning is a thing?

Ah, that wasn't as funny... Sorry.

That's all, Fox, out!

Word Count: 2696

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro