32 | Stubborn Follow

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

-RITUAL-

─────

You sit on the ground, leaning against a tree, deep within the forest, well-hidden from anyone's sight.

Jungkook remains seated a distance away, also leaning against a tree on the ground. He's been steadfastly following you, refusing to leave you alone, and is occupied with his thoughts, fiddling with his fingers.

When you stand up, Jungkook immediately rises, his vampire instincts making him keenly aware of your every move.

"Stop following me," you mutter, knowing he can hear your words, even if they are barely audible to a human.

"Never," Jungkook declares with determination, raising his voice and turning to the forest, proclaiming to anyone who might be listening that he will never stop following you.

You turn around and confront him, frustration evident in your voice. "What do you want?"

"Nothing," he replies simply.

"Then stop following me," you insist.

"I will not," Jungkook responds with unwavering resolve, his eyes locked onto yours.

You shiver from the cold, hugging yourself tightly, and Jungkook tries to approach you but halts, recognizing your discomfort. He respects your boundaries, deciding to follow you from a distance to ensure your safety.

Your gaze falls on his bloodied and torn shirt, and you can't help but notice. No visible wounds mar his skin.

"Are you okay?" you ask, concerned.

He hesitates for a moment before replying, "Don't worry. It's nothing."

You respond sarcastically, mirroring his earlier words, "Yes. Why would you tell me even if it was something?"

Confused, Jungkook inquires, "What do you mean?"

"Nothing," you reply with a smirk, echoing his previous response.

Jungkook looks down, his hands covering his face, seemingly frustrated. You continue to prod, and he finally sighs, using his vampire speed to scoop you up in his arms, causing you to squeal in surprise. You grip his neck, closing your eyes, and he holds you tightly.

"That's more like it," he remarks with a grin, earning a glare from you once he sets you down.

"Put me down!" you demand, but he ignores your plea, turning away with you in his arms.

"I've made enough mistakes in my life. I won't make another," Jungkook declares. "So, baby, I'll lock you in my house, even if it's the only way to keep you safe and well."

"No way that's going to—" You don't finish your sentence before you squeal again, as Jungkook uses his vampire speed to transport you both to his house in a matter of seconds.

"What the fu—" You attempt to voice your objection, but he silences you by lifting you over his shoulder with one hand while knocking on the door with the other.

"Put me down!" you yell, loud enough for the entire neighborhood to hear.

"No way!" Jungkook retorts, slapping your rear cheek playfully as Hoseok opens the door, looking utterly shocked by the sight. He quickly closes the door in surprise.

"See, now you've scared him," Jungkook quips, gesturing toward the door, as if it were your fault.

You roll your eyes, disregarding his words. Hoseok composes himself, unlocks the door, and begins to apologize but is abruptly cut off as Jungkook uses his vampire speed to dart inside, his hair flowing dramatically.

"Jungkook, what the heck?" Hoseok exclaims as Jungkook proceeds to throw you onto the bed. You have your eyes tightly closed, struggling to contain your reactions from his lightning-fast movements.

Jungkook exhales and sighs, tossing a chair in front of the bed with his supernatural speed and seating himself upon it, his legs crossed and hands resting on his knees.

"Now, tell me. What's the problem?" he inquires, awaiting your response as you open your eyes and look at him with a puzzled expression.

You respond with reluctance, "You don't wanna know."

Jungkook cracks his neck, clearly growing impatient. "You have two minutes, or I am going to strip you," he threatens, determined to uncover the problem that's disrupted your relationship.

Glaring at him, you divert your gaze and hesitantly reveal, "I slept with Byun Baekhyun."

Jungkook raises an eyebrow, prompting you to continue.

"And what? That's it," you answer, somewhat dismissively.

He starts to approach you, sitting on the bed with a more compassionate expression, his warm eyes locked onto yours.

"Listen, love," Jungkook begins, "I don't even remember how many women I've slept with. Is it seven thousand? Wait, I think thirty thousand. Uh uh, no. It's fifty thousand." He pauses and assesses your reaction, finding you glaring at him disapprovingly.

"Fine! I am more than three hundred years old. It's normal," he adds, trying to downplay his own past.

Your skepticism lingers as you retort, "So, you don't have any problem with it? We're lovers, right? I felt so wrong, like I cheated on you. I don't know what's happening to me nowadays."

Jungkook acknowledges your concern, revealing, "I know about it," and leans in to kiss your forehead reassuringly.

"Don't worry. We'll go through this together," he reassures you with a warm smile. You gaze at him for a moment, then nod slowly, feeling comforted by his words.

Curiosity strikes you, and you inquire, "You really are a vampire?"

Jungkook chuckles, a playful glint in his eyes. "Wanna see more of my powers?" he asks, curiosity mirroring your own.

───── ☾ ─────

As Jungkook carefully wraps a bandage around your wrist and hands, he looks up at your murmured comment, "I didn't do this." His lips twitch as he attempts to give you a reassuring smile, though it doesn't quite reach his eyes.

"Oh," he says simply, understanding that you're not responsible for these injuries.

In Jungkook's living room, you both sit on the couch as he tends to your wounds. Concerned about his thirst for blood, you question, "You don't want to drink my blood?"

Namjoon, who has joined you, responds, "He drank tons of animal blood before coming to you," as he hands Jungkook the first aid kit and helps guide him in properly bandaging your wounds.

A sudden knock at the door interrupts the moment, and everyone in the room turns their attention to it. Namjoon rises to open the door, revealing Baekhyun standing there.

Baekhyun starts to speak but stops when he sees you and Jungkook. His expression doesn't betray surprise, and you remain blank-faced while Jungkook seethes with anger. Namjoon subtly signals Jungkook to stay seated.

With a heavy sigh, Jungkook finally says, "Let's go," gently grabbing your hand. You shake your head, refusing to move.

Baekhyun decides to speak up, revealing, "I am Y/N's bond. She was chosen for me."

Jungkook's anger flares, and he takes a threatening step forward, but Taehyung quickly steps in front of him using his vampire speed.

"Let him talk, Jungkook," Taehyung cautions as Jungkook struggles to contain his rage, clenching his teeth to avoid revealing his fangs or red eyes.

Baekhyun continues, "I am not here to take her. Y/N can go to whoever she wants. If she doesn't want to be with me, she has to break her bond, and there's only one way to do that, Jungkook."

Jungkook's eyebrows furrow in confusion as he listens intently.

"Death. Death can break a wolf's bond."

───── ☾ ─────

Yoongi taps his fingers on the desk in his room, deep in thought. He's trying to make sense of the situation, knowing that vampires don't typically exist in nature, as they are considered undead creatures. This is why your bond was with Baekhyun, a living being.

Suddenly, a thought strikes him, and he stands up abruptly. Blaise Morrigan, the businesswoman with the power to possess bodies. She had the ability to do that even before Jungkook met you. Everything starts to fall into place, and Yoongi realizes the gravity of the situation – she must have possessed your body.

He rushes to a book and flips through the pages, searching for a specific passage. He finally finds what he's looking for: "A black magician has the power to possess someone after selling their soul to the devil."

Yoongi realizes the severity of the situation, but he's also aware of the stress Jungkook has been under. He hesitates to call him, fearing that it might add more pressure. Instead, he calls for Taehyung, hoping to discuss the matter with him. "TAEHYUNG?!"

───── ☾ ─────

"You're saying, you think she has followed him from the very beginning?" Taehyung asks, walking with Yoongi in the dark and green forest.

Yoongi nods as he responds, "My guess is Jungkook was never cursed. Jungkook's curse was never natural. The reason was Blaise. Blaise Morrigan."

Jungkook follows them from behind, his expression straight. Jimin is beside him because he wants to go too. When he hears Yoongi yelling for Taehyung, he knows this is related to Jungkook, he follows them here, forcing Yoongi to tell him the truth, and also Jungkook has heard them.

"I don't even think her name is Blaise. Blaise Morrigan was a businesswoman. If she did possess her body, that means she had a different name and she was using Blaise as an alias."

"So, he was never cursed?" Taehyung turns to Jungkook, who is looking down with a frown and following them.

"Yes, he wasn't. If she can possess one body, she can do that to many. The misfortunes to Jungkook started happening when he was ten or twelve. But what the heck? What can a ten-year-old child do to a witch?" Yoongi asks himself as he turns to Jungkook, who isn't looking back at him.

"Jungkook?" Yoongi calls, trying to confirm he didn't really do anything in his childhood. This world is full of surprises, anyways.

"I didn't do anything," Jungkook mumbles, and Yoongi nods, turning around.

"She has the devil on her side, but . . ." a smirk takes over Yoongi's face as he eyes Jungkook and Taehyung, "We have god on ours."

"WHAT!?" Taehyung yells, totally losing his cool, "How can God be on your side?!"

Jungkook has a frown on his face, as he has the same question going around in his mind. He's a vampire. He hears the heavens hate his existence from Yoongi's mouth.

"He can be. Especially if we have a pure magician on our side," Yoongi stops and looks in a direction with his gummy smile as a woman smiles back at him, standing there. She's wearing a white cloak, hiding.

Taehyung screams after seeing her, and she rolls her eyes, "Not again, Tae," she mutters, seeing Taehyung now has a mischievous smile on his face as he's teasing her.

"Celestia!" He yells, running to hug her, but is stopped by Yoongi, who glares at him while gripping his shoulder tightly. A chuckle escapes Jungkook's mouth, making all of them smile. Oh, he's chuckling, that means they're making some progress in making his mood better.

"Why can't I hug her?" Taehyung whines, and Celestia approaches him, glaring at Yoongi, and opening her arms wide for Taehyung.

Taehyung immediately hugs her back while eyeing Yoongi with a smug smile.

"Now, let's get to work," Celestia claps her hands after the hug with Taehyung and goes to the open ground in the forest.

"God is more powerful than the devil," she turns to Jungkook, trying to reassure him, and Jungkook nods.

"Pure magicians can take the help of the god if it's related to the devil, and something altering the process of nature. Both are happening here. That means we have the full authority to take his permission," Celestia takes a bag of powder out of her pocket.

"God? What was he even doing when I was miserable?" Jungkook asks, getting all their attention on him.

"Jungkook . . ." Yoongi tries to take a step, and Jungkook backs away as he shrugs, trying to look like he's okay, "Please continue, Celestia."

Celestia nods, turning and taking the powder out from the bag and making a circle with it. It's a white powder. These types of powders are made from herbs, but the only difference being is a spell being cast on them after a long process of a ritual. She makes a whole circle with focus and then makes a design in it. She stands in the middle as she chants her spell.

"I ask for the help of God, who made it all. The creatures to nature. A change was caused in nature. A soul sold to the devil. A reason I have to ask for the help of the heavens."

A white light shines in the circle as it goes to Celestia. The magic hits her like a wave and she closes her eyes, like her body is sucking the magic off.

Celestia suddenly starts coughing as she moves her hand, looking at the blood on it.

"Babe..." Yoongi takes a step but is stopped when she shows him her palm.

"I am alright," she says, blood dripping down her chin. The whole white light stops suddenly. She looks at Yoongi with a smile that says 'See, I am okay. It was just a ritual.' Yoongi sighs in relief after seeing that. He knows it was just a ritual, but he was still worried about his girlfriend.

"Love . . ." Yoongi approaches her, grabbing her arms, and pulling her into his embrace. Celestia hugs him back with a smile and looks at Jungkook with the same smile on her face, reassuring him that she'll make everything alright.

"What was the white light for?" Taehyung asks in bewilderment, and Celestia smirks at him.

"Before, I didn't have the power to take control of Blaise, but now I do. The white light is like extra magic, that can wake Blaise Morrigan and also make her disappear after."

───── ☾ ─────

"You want me to call Y/N?" Celestia nods at Jungkook's question, "Yes."

"I—I can't," Jungkook stutters in his words while looking down and thinking about what you went through.

"I want her here now, Jungkook. Even if it's night, or else if Blaise or whatever she is, gets awakened in her body, everything will be in vain," Celestia explains, and Jungkook runs away using his vampire speed.

───── ☾ ─────

"Baby . . ." Jungkook opens the door, looking up from the ground, and sees you looking at him with a blank expression.

"Yes?" Jungkook pauses for a few seconds as he continues, "I need you to go to the forest with me, for a ritual."

"Ritual?" Your brows knit together as you ask him confused.

"Yes. A ritual."

───── ☾ ─────

"I need to stand here, right?" You ask as you stand at a place in the middle of the ground.

"Yes," Celestia answers with a sweet smile as she continues, "I need to warn you of this . . ." She stops in her words, eyeing you as she continues, "I will wake Blaise in your body to talk to—"

"Blaise?" You ask as you breathe in, and your breath gets caught in your throat.

"Don't worry. She'll just be in your body and won't be able to move from this circle. I have the power now," Celestia looks at you with a warm gaze, "Believe me, Y/N."

You nod as she starts chanting her spell and roams around the circle while letting a powder fall from her fist. You don't know who Blaise is, but you still know it's something related to Jungkook and not just sleepwalking. Because of this, you do what Celestia told you to.

You close your eyes as you gasp. You know this is happening. She's taking control of your body.

──────

VOTE

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro