Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jimin had no idea what he had expected to find on this unfamiliar planet, but he was certainly amazed. This planet wasn't beautiful or even nice-looking, but it was very interesting. "Do you think any of this stuff is safe for us to touch?" He was curious yet refraining from touching anything with his hands because he didn't know what was or wasn't safe.

"I'm not sure. I've never been to a world like this one before." Seokjin was just as curious as Jimin. He was always fascinated by new worlds, glad to finally be visiting an unknown world without the mission of attacking. "I don't even know if the air here is safe for you, so keep your mask secure."

"I highly doubt this air is safe for me." Jimin grimaced at the thought of breathing the air here. "Clean air on Earth comes from plant life and stuff. I don't see any plant life here." Just looking around from where he and Seokjin currently stood, they could see no trees of any kind, no grass, no flowers. "This place just looks so gross. Kinda toxic actually."

Seokjin almost agreed that the world looked gross, compared to other places he'd previously seen. Still, he was also aware that Jimin held similar fascination as him, wondering if there was life on this planet, anything they could use during their journey. "Let's just look around a little more then return to the ship. We should get some rest with the others." Extending a hand toward Jimin, Seokjin was determined to keep him nearby and safe during their exploration.

Grabbing onto Seokjin's hand, Jimin shifted his gaze over the world around them. The ground was hard, almost dirt-like and very barren. Some areas were a little higher, uneven and similar to cliffsides, just smaller. The higher spots had something dripping from them, black and gooey. Some cracks in the ground squished down when stepped on, more of that black substance oozing up from below.

Though it might have been his imagination, Jimin thought he had seen something move, like a thin tendril reaching out from a crack before slipping back down. He started keeping his attention on the cracks in the ground, looking for more possible movement. And he saw it. "Seokjinnie!" He pulled the incubus to the side when he'd seen it. A tendril of ooze-like density had wormed its way up from a crack by Seokjin's foot and seemed to reach toward him.

"I noticed it too." However, Seokjin was remaining rather calm. He hadn't seen a reason to panic just yet. "I don't know what it is or why it's reaching for us, but it hasn't attacked." As he spoke to Jimin, another tendril reached up from a crack. "See, watch it."

The tendril froze for a second upon being seen, then it resumed moving. Writhing along the ground, it moved closer to Seokjin until the tip of it touched his foot. As quickly as the touch happened, the tendril shot back down into the crack, almost like it was doing some recon, checking out the unknown visitors and reporting back to whatever was beneath them.

Jimin was a little grossed out by the tendril, but he was also amazed. He had never seen anything like it before. "It kind of seemed curious about us."

"Well, we are aliens here. They've probably never seen anything like us." Seokjin figured the best thing for them to do would be to just act natural, show that they were not here to cause any harm. "Let's just look around a little more, let them see that we are not going to damage their home, then return to the ship."

"Okay, that should be alright." As much as he just wanted to return to the ship and not have any more contact with whatever inhabited this planet, Jimin was also curious. What was living in the ground beneath them? Was it simply curious about them? Would it leave them alone if they posed no threat? All he could tell was that the thin tendril that had come from the cracks in the ground was clearly attached to something they couldn't see, something that was hiding beneath their feet.

Seokjin was beginning to feel a bit worried. There had been no threat to them so far. However, that tendril had to be related to the black ooze in some way, and if it was, that meant that it--whatever it was--was all around them. The ooze came from every crack in the ground, dripped from the higher land around them, almost like the planet itself was alive and watching them. And if the planet was a living organism, were they causing harm unknowingly just by walking on it? Or was the organism something that lived within the planet, spreading itself out beneath the ground upon which they walked? Whatever it was, Seokjin imagined that they would be in severe danger if they aggravated it. They should be careful to show that they were just curious wanderers then leave. Perhaps that would ensure their safety as they rested on this world.

Jimin's thoughts were a little different from Seokjin's. He didn't think this planet had one large inhabitant. He was thinking that there might be a whole bunch of smaller inhabitants, packed together in the ground. If there were a bunch of them all packed together, he really hoped there would be no chance of him and Seokjin getting swarmed by them. He doubted they would stand a chance on their own against so many creatures, whatever they were. Maybe his own thoughts were worrying him more than he intended, his grip on Seokjin's hand tightening.

"Everything's okay," Seokjin reassured him. "No matter what, I'll keep you safe. We'll be fine." If it came down to his only option, Seokjin would do anything to defend Jimin. He hoped it wouldn't come to that though. He didn't want to fight. He just wanted to look around, show no hostility, then get some sleep before their journey would resume.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro