11 | e l e v e n

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You brought my phone!" Ramya squealed in delight and hugged Sahasra. "Thank you so much!"

"No worries," Sahasra said and looked out of the window. Sure, she hated getting wet in the rain, but seeing it quench the earth's thirst was truly enchanting.

"I love this geeli mitti ki khusboo!" Sahasra and Nikhil said in unison. Nikhil looked over at Sahasra, only to find her looking at him as well. Both were surprised that the other one had said the same thing, at the same time.

Before anyone could speak anything, Ramya broke the ice. "Looks like you both are lost in each other's eyes."

Nikhil cleared his throat, "I need to use the restroom, please excuse me."

"Uh.. Ramya, I need to wash my hands — they're dirty after eating," Sahasra said nervously and hurried to the washroom as well.

"Something is surely going on between these two," Ramya whispered in Katha's ear after they left. "Don't you think?"

"Yaar, let me eat my food. I don't care about other people's love stories," Katha shook her head and replied, earning a hit from Ramya.

"Haa, tu bass apne khane ke saath love story banale."
(transl. yeah right, you just weave a love story with your food)

On the other hand, after Sahasra exited from the washroom, she felt someone grabbing her hand. She immediately twisted the person's hand and applied such a force that he was on the ground.

"Ladkiyon ko chedne se pehle—" she started, but when she looked at the person, she shouted, "Nikhil? IT'S YOU?"

"Yes it's me. And mujhe tumhe chedne mein koi interest nahi hai, okay? And STOP SHOUTING for god's sake!" he said while getting up. "I want to tell you something – it's important."

"Go ahead," Sahasra folded her hands.

"That Raj guy is there right," Nikhil started, "stay away from him."

"But how?" Sahasra questioned. "He teaches the Basic Skills course to me."

Should I tell her about Varnika's betrayal? Nikhil thought. After sometime he decided that he could trust her — she was his wife after all, she she deserved to know.

"Sahasra, the thing is—" Nikhil started but he was interrupted by Raj himself.

"Ah, Nikhil!" Raj said, "I was looking for you — but seems like you're having 'private talk' with your student. I didn't expect this from you." Although the taunt was directed towards Nikhil, he didn't feel bad about it.

But he did feel to punch Raj's face because he was staring, no drooling, on Sahasra.

"I and my student here," Nikhil pointed towards Sahasra, "are conversing about a disciplinary issue that took place. It seems like some men are staring and drooling over the new trainees. And I've taken charge of the investigation."

Raj started sweating and he immediately left the place.

"Why were you and Raj talking like that?" Sahasra asked.

Maybe destiny doesn't want me to tell Sahasra about my past, Nikhil thought. "We're not on good terms. Reason? Well that's for another day. Go back to your hostel now."

"Oh, okay. Tell me when you're comfortable," Sahasra winked and went towards her hostel.

Nikhil stood at that spot, but his thoughts were running in different directions:

What does she mean by winking?
Does that count as flirting? No, she's just trying to get on my nerves!
And why does my stomach feel funny? Looks like the hostel food has been poisoned.

When Sahasra went back to the hostel, she was met with Ramya and Geet arguing.

"You have to leave him!" Ramya shouted at Geet.

"But I love him!" Geet shouted back.

"WOAH GUYS! What's going on?" Sahasra tried to intervene, but they ignored her and continued.

"He's toxic!" Ramya folded her hands.

"I can change him!" Geet kept her hands on her hips.

"Girl what? Is he a pad that you can change?" Ramya smirked.

Woah, Ramya is truly sassy, Sahasra thought. She started cheering for her friend. "GO RAMYAAA! YOU SLAYYY!"

Geet glared at Sahasra, "No one supports me! No one!"

Sahasra went over to Geet and said, "Whatever it is, shouting and screaming won't help. Let's talk it out."

Sahasra also convinced Ramya to join in and talk about the issue. In a while, even Katha joined in. The four of them started analyzing Geet's love life, as if they had nothing better to do.

Nikhil on the other hand, was sharing his woes with his friend, Santosh.

"Santosh, yaar," he started, "Raj is getting on my nerves again."

"What did he do this time dude? Pass a lame comment and you got offended?" Santosh muffled a laugh.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY!" Nikhil roared. "IT'S ABOUT SA—" He stopped right there, he had almost spilled his secret about his wife.

"About what Nikhil?" Santosh asked curiously.

"About my state of mentality," Nikhil made up a random phrase starting with 'S' to avoid suspicion.

Then he went on to explain how Raj always taunts him and flirts with the new trainees. "I just can't handle it. I've let go of Varnika's betrayal, but Raj — I have to see him everyday, and only I know how I control myself from punching him."

"I can understand," Santosh patted Nikhil's shoulder. "But I think punching won't do. Only I know how I control myself from tearing his body into shreds."

Both of them laughed, and Nikhil thanked Santosh for being there for him, whenever he needed him. "I don't know what I'd do without you, dude."

"I bet you're going to forget me when you get a loyal girlfriend or wife," Santosh said, but Nikhil shook his head.

"Jokes aside," Nikhil said, "If Rah goes something big, this time I won't leave him. I may kill him."

"Sure," replied Santosh. "I won't let you leave him — if you do, I'll kill you first."

Meanwhile, the girls in the hostel had come to the conclusion that Geet would meet her boyfriend (who was declared as a 'red-flag' and 'toxic launda' by Ramya) one final time and see if he accepts her career choice. If he doesn't, she would break-up then and there.

"He doesn't want her to be an airforce pilot, AND SHE STILL WANTS TO BE WITH HIM!" Ramya put her hands on her hips. "You're a gadhi Geet!"

The word 'gadhi' reminded Sahasra of 'Gadha' — the name from which she called Nikhil. Unknowingly, she drifted off to the time they shared under the umbrella, while eating ice-cream with Maa and Dadi, and when she flipped him that day.

While her mind was busy replaying the scenes, Ramya was closely observing her friend's suspiciously big smile.

――"💌"――

Vote and comment if you think Ramya has the best comebacks <3
Plus, is 'suspiciously big smile' euivalent to blushing?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro