12 | t w e l v e

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The following two weeks passed like a breeze. Initially, Sahasra thought that she wouldn't heed Nikhil's advice of staying away from Raj — but then she realized Raj's intentions because he always complimented and appreciated her, and stared at her as well. So, she obeyed Nikhil's suggestion and ignored him most of the time.

Nikhil, on the other hand, decided to reveal his marriage to the upper command.

He went to the Air Marshal's office, "Sir, may I enter?"

Air Marshal Vidyut looked up, "Ofcourse Nikhil."

"Sir, I want to talk about something important," Nikhil said.

"Sure," the Air Marshall replied and pointed towards a chair, "sit and tell me."

Nikhil took a deep breath and said, "Sir, I got married."

"Why are you so hesitant then?" Air Marshall Vidyut patted Nikhil's back, "Congratulations, my child!"

"Thanks sir. The thing is, my wife is a trainee here — she wants to become a fighter pilot like me."

"Oh. Was she married when she entered?" Air Marshall Vidyut asked.

"Not on papers," Nikhil fidgeted. "But I don't want to hide our relationship anymore."

"Ahh, it's fine. Get married on papers now," the Air Marshall winked, and Nikhil heaved a sigh of relief. In the worst case scenario, Sahasra would've gotten a punishment for providing incorrect details for entering.

Then Vidyut went on to inform Nikhil that he must take a leave for two days along with Sahasra, and then they both can return as a married couple.

"Right sir. Got it. Thank you," Nikhil stood up and saluted, "JAI HIND!"

Nikhil started searching for Sahasra to inform her about their leave. He found her on the ground practicing alone. She's truly dedicated, he thought.

"Sahasra," he called.

"Huh?" she turned around, biting her lips. What is he doing here? She wondered.

"Don't bite your lips," he said, and Sahasra looked at him in confusion. "My lips, my choice," she replied.

Nikhil rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever. I have to talk to you about something important."

"Go ahead," she consented and Nikhil told her everything. She was actually happy since she didn't want to hide their relationship as well.

"Today is Friday, so let's go this weekend. That way you won't miss classes and our purpose will be done as well. We'll leave today evening itself."

"Ooo! Weekend getaway! EXCITING!!" she squealed.

Nikhil rolled his eyes, again. "Don't be so excited. Once everybody finds out about us, I'll have to be tougher with you."

"I'm used to it — don't worry!" she replied, smiling. "See you in the evening!"

"Sure," Nikhil said and went away.

Before leaving, Sashasra poured her heart out to Ramya — who was glad to hear the news. "Ooo... so the hottie was already taken by you!? I'm so happy — don't worry, I won't tell anyone," Ramya winked and hugged Sahasra goodbye.

Nikhil met her near a small cafe on a bike. Sahasra had never rode a bike before and felt excited since it was her first time.

After she safely sat on the bike, Nikhil sped off. The weather was already cool, and the speed made it even colder. Sahasra had to hold him or she'd fall off anytime. "CAN I HOLD YOU? IT'S COLD AND YOU'RE SPEEDING!"

Nikhil turned his head sideways and nodded.

While he was busy riding the bike, Sahasra was getting bored. She had no idea where exactly they were going. She closed her eyes and dozed off with her hand holding him tightly.

Nikhil saw Sahasra sleeping from the rear-view mirror. She looks so cute, doesn't she? He thought but then reminded himself to keep his eyes on the road.

When they reached the destination, Nikhil carefully stopped the bike. Holding her hand and waist, he got off — not disturbing her sleep. Supporting the bike with his knee, he gently patted her cheeks. "Hippo, wake up!"

"SIR! SIR!" Sahasra jerked up, thinking she had slept in class.

"We're not in class," Nikhil said and let out a chuckle. This girl is something else, he thought, laughing. Something he didn't realize — but Sahasra did — was that he was still holding her hand.

"Why are you holding me? I'm awake," Sahasra looked at him, confused.

Nikhil immediately let go and said, "Get off, I need to park the bike."

While Nikhil was parking, Sahasra looked around — it was a beautiful hotel. There was even a water fountain at the entrance.

"It's in the outskirts of the city. We'll get some peace here," Nikhil came back.

"Cool. You have good taste in choosing things," Sahasra complimented him.

"Maybe that's why I chose you," the words slipped from Nikhil's mouth — and he himself was perplexed at what he had just said. Thankfully, he said it in a low volume.

"Did you say something?" Sahasra looked at him. Nikhil looked the other way and put his hand around his neck, "Uhh.. nothing?"

Why is he acting so shy right now? Sahasra thought.
No, why am I caring about his behavior? She scolded herself.

"I'm hungry," Sahasra said to break the awkward silence.

"Of course, you're a hippo," Nikhil muttered.
"Shut up!" she muttered back.

"I'm your senior," he snapped.

"Not here," she smirked and flipped her hair, walking forward. Nikhil had no other choice but to roll his eyes and follow her.

The couple went to the hotel restaurant for dinner after keeping their small backpacks in their room. This time, both of them were completely fine with sharing a room.

Unknowingly, there was a bond of trust being generated between them. Slowly, but surely.

"Do you hate me?" Sahasra asked while stuffing the roti and paneer ki sabji in her mouth.

Nikhil nearly choked on the water he was drinking.

How does this girl come up with the craziest of questions with a normal expression on her face? He wondered. "Maybe," he replied.

"I wanted an answer in a 'yes' or 'no', but anyway, why did you ask me to stay away from Raj?" she asked another question.

"He's a player," he replied.

"So why does it matter to you? You hate me so if any guy flirts with me, it shouldn't bother you," Sahasra grinned, trying not to laugh.

"I knew it — you like his company right? Well you can flirt with him, I don't care. What can I even expect from you?"

"Arrey Nikhil, I was joking... Why are you getting so serious?" Sahasra touched his shoulder.

"Joking huh? Go and be with Raj. Openly cheat, I DON'T CARE! I am used to cheaters like you," Nikhil stood up.

Sahasra got up too, banged the spoon on the table. "ENOUGH! Stop passing judgements on me. I told you I was kidding. And cheating? Where did that come from? How can you think so low of me, Nikhil!?"

――"💌"――

Vote and comment where do you think this argument will lead to!<3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro