38. HER CANDLE IN THE WIND

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

GRAND PRINCE DYLAN DE HELIOS

Chapter 38

Meanwhile, Dylan felt quite bummed about his birthday since he was looking forward to spending it with Lyra. It was a day when everyone in the kingdom was celebrating except for the man for whom this celebration was. The reason being the one he wanted to celebrate it with wasn't here. Truth be told, he was also slightly disappointed since he was anxiously anticipating Lyra's reply to his confession.

However, he knew Lyra was not the kind of person to sit back on something which she genuinely liked without any proper reason. Therefore, he was praying that everything was alright.

While the servants as well as his family members kept looking for him and asking him to finalise the things for tonight's birthday ball. Dylan sat under a tree in his private garden holding a spare paper and pen, pondering over what to write back to her all the while he continuously kept poring over her letter.

On the other hand, there was another person who was not too keen over this birthday celebration and it was none other than Astrid who kept repeating her last conversation with Lyra in her mind like a broken record.

PRINCESS ASTRID AMARA DE ANEMOI

Flashback-

"Lyra what is going on with you? Just leave them be."

"Are you asking me to keep quiet and let Aunt do as she pleases? I am neither blind nor deaf. How long do we have to keep pretending that we are? We can't let this go on."

"We let it go on before so why does it even matter now? Just drop it."

"I am not even asking you to participate however being my sister can't you simply support me? You know what, you are just like Father."

The last line irked Astrid who lashed out,

"Whatever do you mean? I am like father? Are you crazy? I am nothing like that man."

"You are in this regard. You neither confront them nor condemn me whenever I have expressed my dislike towards them. Remember at Aunt Medea's birthday party last year? When I spoke up against her actions slightly, which remind you was in our favor as I held your hand for support, you pushed me away and then for the rest of the evening pretended as if I wasn't even related to you."

"That.....that is so not true!"

"It is. And you know it."

"Well I may have ignored you however it was only because you were creating a scene. You could have said what you wanted in private as well."

"Is that so? Then why did you appreciate my actions later on at night when it was just the two of us?"

"I...."

"I get that such actions require courage and we may not have the confidence to do so sometimes. I lack confidence as well. But that is precisely why I held your hand. It brought comfort to me knowing that I have you as support and this led to a rise in my confidence until you let go."

"I do not lack confidence."

"Oh please for once just make up your mind. You should be aware of who you are and what you want."

"I am so."

"Then do you support what I did and am doing?"

"Umm...."

"Fine then do you not support what I did and am doing?l

"I...uhm..."

"See. Still cannot make up your mind. Listen. I get an incident took place and that made you stuck in the past. I know if I say that move on, it is easier said than done. But I want to at least see some effort. I need to see that you are trying. I am not expecting you to forget everything or forgive everything. I merely want you to start focusing on the present. You need to be sharp and be clear of your stance."

"I am sharp."

"Not in that way. When we are surrounded by a group of people, you never know what others are thinking, nor you get the subtle hints and taunt they say and how while they something else, it refers to something else. Am I right?"

"Well, that is only because I do not care for what people think."

"Then you should. I am not asking you to make their thoughts your number one priority. However, I need you to be aware so much so that you can plan your actions accordingly."

"Whatever. Simply tell me if you are coming tomorrow for Dylan's birthday or not?"

"Hmm."

Lyra gives a slight nod to which Astrid merrily replied,

"Perfect!"

End Flashback-

PRINCESS ASTRID AMARA DE ANEMOI

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro