Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Lakshmi Bajwa was a diligent woman, bearing the heavy load of her family's financial burdens with unwavering resolve. Each day presented its own set of challenges as she balanced multiple part-time jobs, tirelessly striving to make ends meet.

Her latest employment opportunity as a house help in Rishi Oberoi's upscale apartment in Mumbai, felt like a blessing in disguise. Every Saturday and Sunday, Lakshmi would arrive at Rishi's apartment early in the morning. She would meticulously clean and organize the space while Rishi was away to meet his family in Delhi.

One Saturday, as she dusted the bookshelf, she couldn't help but admire the collection of novels and travel books."One day, I hope I can afford to buy such books for myself," she murmured to herself, a small smile playing on her lips.

The job paid well, offering her the means to save and invest in her sister's upcoming marriage. The thought of her sister’s happiness fueled her determination.

Later that afternoon, as she was scrubbing the kitchen floor, her phone buzzed. It was a message from her sister, Shalu.

"Lakshmi, the wedding venue is almost finalized. I can't wait for you to see it," read the message.

Lakshmi's heart swelled with pride and joy. She replied, "That's wonderful news, di. We'll make it the best day of your life."

Despite the exhausting hours and the physical toll it took on her, Lakshmi found solace in knowing that her hard work was paving the way for a brighter future for her family. Each swipe of the mop, each dish washed, and each room tidied brought her one step closer to that dream.

The day of mehandi ceremony, it was meant to be filled with joy, laughter, and celebration. The ceremony was beautiful, and Lakshmi couldn't help but feel a swell of pride as she watched her sister, Shalu di, beaming with happiness.

To make an offering requested by Shalu's future in-laws, their mother went to the temple alone. However, on the way back to the venue, tragedy struck. A loud crash, the screeching of tires, and the panicked cries of onlookers filled the air. Lakshmi’s mother had been involved in a severe accident, leaving her with multiple injuries that required immediate and extensive medical care. From the vanue they all rushed to the hospital and calling Shalu inauspicious her in laws broke the marriage. As the days passed, the hospital bills began to mount, each one more daunting than the last. The financial burden was overwhelming, and Lakshmi found herself at a breaking point.

Desperate and with nowhere else to turn, she decided to approach her employer for a loan. Unlike other times, on a Thursday evening she made her way to Rishi Oberoi’s luxurious apartment complex. The building loomed above her, its grandeur a stark contrast to her humble circumstances. Her heart pounded in her chest as she rode the elevator up to his floor, the metallic hum of the machinery doing little to calm her nerves.

Standing outside Rishi Oberoi’s door, Lakshmi took a moment to compose herself. She had only seen his photographs around the apartment while she cleaned—handsome, confident, with an air of authority. But she had never met him in person. She clenched her fists, trying to muster the courage she needed. The stakes were high; her mother’s life depended on it.

She knocked on the door, her hand trembling slightly. Each second that passed felt like an eternity. Finally, the door swung open, revealing Rishi Oberoi. He was even more imposing in person—tall, with a commanding presence and a calm, inquisitive expression.

"Sir," she began nervously, her voice barely above a whisper. "I need to talk to you."

A/N

Thank you all for taking the time to read my story. I originally wrote this during my teenage years, inspired by the trend of ArShi stories at that time. While I know it might seem a bit cliché now, more than a decade has passed, but I hope RishMi fans will find it engaging.

Your feedback means a lot to me, so please share your thoughts in the comments below. Your support through votes is truly motivating and indicates your interest in reading more.

Also, feel free to explore my other completed and ongoing stories until the next chapter is updated.

Happy reading, and take care!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro