Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Rishi noticed the anxiety in her eyes and stepped aside to let her in. As he settled on the sofa, he gestured for her to sit as well. Hesitantly, Lakshmi took a seat across from him.

"You are Lakshmi," he stated, his voice calm but authoritative.She nodded, feeling the weight of his gaze.

"Today is your day off," he continued, more as a statement than a question. "What brings you here?"

Lakshmi took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. "Sir, I need your help," she began, her voice trembling.

"Sir, my mother was in a terrible accident on the day of my sister's wedding. The medical bills are too much for me to handle. I already spent all my savings in the wedding preparations. I don’t know where else to turn. I was hoping you could lend me some money. I promise to pay it back."

Rishi listened intently, his expression serious. After a moment of contemplation, he made a shocking proposal. "Marry me," he said simply. "I’ll cover all your expenses and give you the money you need."

Lakshmi was taken aback, her eyes widening in disbelief. "Marry you? But why? Why would a wealthy man like you propose to someone like me?"

Rishi leaned forward, his gaze steady. "I have my reasons, Lakshmi. It will be a contractual marriage. If you are interested then we will discuss about the further details. The decision is yours."

Lakshmi felt a wave of confusion and fear wash over her. She had never imagined such a proposal. But with her mother’s life on the line, she knew she had no other choice. "If I agree," she said hesitantly, "you’ll help my mother?"

Rishi nodded. "I’ll take care of everything. You have my word."

Reluctantly, Lakshmi agreed, her voice barely above a whisper. "Alright, Sir. I’ll marry you."

As she left his apartment, a mix of emotions churned inside her. She felt like she was stepping into an unknown world, but for the sake of her mother, she would do whatever it took. The days ahead were uncertain, but Lakshmi's resolve remained unshaken.

The next few days were a whirlwind. Lakshmi found herself swept into a world she had never imagined.

"I don't want my family to have any doubts about our relationship."

Before meeting his family, they discussed how she should address him. "Call me by my name from now on instead of calling me 'Sir,'" Rishi instructed. 

It felt strange to Lakshmi. In the months she had been working for him, she had never met him in person. It was his PA who had interviewed her and handled her appointment as Rishi's house help. The first time she saw him face-to-face was the day he proposed the idea of a contractual marriage, which would last only a year. Now, she was about to meet his family, who lived in another city, and they were going to pretend to be a couple in love.

As they traveled to his family’s home, Lakshmi’s mind raced. Everything felt surreal. She glanced at Rishi, who seemed composed, and tried to calm her own nerves.

This all feels so strange,” she admitted softly, more to herself than to him.

Rishi glanced at her, his expression unreadable. “I know it’s unconventional, but it’s necessary. Just remember to act natural. We’re supposed to be a couple in love.”

Lakshmi nodded, though her heart was pounding. She didn’t know what she was stepping into, but she knew she had to trust him, at least for now.

Arriving at his family’s home, they were greeted warmly. His family was eager to meet the woman who had supposedly captured Rishi's heart. As they settled in, Rishi’s grandmother, with a smile, asked Lakshmi, “So, how did you two meet?”

Lakshmi glanced at Rishi, who gave her a reassuring nod. She took a deep breath and began their rehearsed story.

Despite the strangeness of the situation, Lakshmi found herself slowly adapting to the role she had to play. She didn't know what the future held, but she was determined to navigate this peculiar arrangement with as much grace as she could muster.

A/N

Thank you all for reading my story! If you enjoyed this chapter, please click the vote button and share your thoughts in the comments.

I truly appreciate everyone who voted and commented on the previous chapter, thank you so much.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro