15 - Watch Over You

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(HOPE YALL LIKE FLUFF)

2 DAYS - MORNING

It was much too early in the morning to be up. Fog was still covering most of the cobblestone streets, and Katherine shivered and pulled her cloak tighter around her shoulders. The sun was just barely up, casting its orange and golden light across the roofs of the buildings. Light was already shining through the windows of the temple, creating an almost glowing look. Katherine took in the sight for a moment, reveling in the silence. She hadn't gotten to see this kind of sight since they had left to find Tom, and that had been what? A month ago? She sighed. Really, she should wake up earlier, but she had traded the early morning sights for staying up with Jordan. Pulling the cloak tighter around her, she continued on her way. If she wanted to talk to Tom, now would be her best bet. He wouldn't be doing anything in the morning, and this was the only time that she knew that Ianite would definitely not be speaking with him. She had to be quick, or she could miss it entirely.

Making her way into the temple, Katherine nodded to a couple of guards who passed by her. She remembered the route that Jordan and herself had taken a few days ago, and within a few minutes she was standing outside Tom's door, waiting for a guard to unlock the door so she could enter. The door creaked open, and Katherine stepped inside, nodding to the guards gratefully. She glanced around the room, and, noticing a lump underneath the blankets, made her way over to the bed. Tom was asleep, curled up on the side facing the desk. Katherine smiled at his serene expression. She sat in the chair, watching Tom sleep.

"You're cute when you're asleep. Did you know that?" She whispered, reaching over to brush the hair off of Tom's forehead. Tom stirred slightly, and she froze, relaxing when Tom merely mumbled something incomprehensible and smiled slightly, shifting towards her hand. For a moment, she had actually thought that he was awake. Katherine mirrored his smile, watching as Tom's chest rose and fell. He must be having a happy dream. "I mean, you're also cute when you're awake but... I like seeing you so peaceful. It's a nice change from the Tom I see normally." Tom couldn't hear her, at least not when she spoke softly. She had free reign to talk to Tom about anything she wanted. The scene was exactly as she had imagined it a couple of nights ago. Tom was so peaceful.

"You know Tom, I have feelings for you." Best to practice now instead of with Jordan or a mirror. At least it was something like the real thing. "I've had them for a while now, and I know that Jordan has them too." She swallowed, looking over Tom's peaceful form. "And... And I hope that you have the same feelings as I do." Closing her eyes, Katherine pushed back the tears that were threatening to spill over, letting out a shaky breath. There. She could do that, couldn't she? Opening her eyes again, Katherine watched as Tom's face scrunched up slightly, Tom letting out a more coherent groan.

"Please no... Take me instead..." Katherine frowned as Tom turned onto his back, his head sometimes shaking. Was he having a nightmare? When Tom started whimpering, Katherine knew what to do. "Please don't... you'll hurt them!" Tom's voice was urgent as he called out to the mysterious attacker. Katherine reached over and gently shook his shoulder.

"Tom. Wake up." She bit her lip as her efforts proved to be useless. Tom's breathing was starting to pick up, and his hands were bunching in the sheets. She felt her heart ache when a few tears rolled down Tom's cheeks.

"Jordan... Capsize..." Tom whimpered out, making Katherine freeze. He was having a nightmare about... them? Letting out a sob Tom twisted, flinching away from something that only he could see.

"Tom, please." She replied, shaking his shoulder much more roughly. Tom woke with a start, eyes flying open, chest still heaving. He let out a few gasps, like a drowning man, and soon his breathing returned to normal. "Tom? Are you alright?" Tom whipped his head towards her voice, flushing a little as he saw her worried expression. She had seen him at his most vulnerable, when he was crying like a child. Shit.

"I... I'm fine Capsize." Tom gritted out, sitting up and letting the blankets bunch up against his waist. He wiped his eyes on the back of his hands. Katherine wasn't buying it. She had seen this façade before, with Jordan and her own brother. But Tom was... Well he was different. She would have to treat this differently.

"It's Katherine, Tom." Katherine said, placing a hand on his shoulder. She was relieved when he didn't shrug it off entirely, instead giving her a confused expression. 'You don't have to call me Capsize anymore. We're friends, Tom." Tom swallowed, nodding hesitantly. Katherine.

"Alright... Katherine." Tom watched Caps-Katherine smile at him, and he felt something in his chest ache. He wanted to do this all the time, to make her smile like that every day. Gods, she was so pretty, and all he really wanted to do was kiss her. His eyes darted down to her lips and then back up again, a deeper flush appearing on his face. Katherine noticed the look and felt her own face start to heat up. She scooted closer to him, almost close enough where she could feel his breath on her face.

"Tom..." She murmured quietly, watching how he reacted. She didn't want to accidentally scare him off. "I..." Was this what she should be doing? Should she really be talking about feelings when Tom was right there, when Tom had almost initiated contact?

Tom swallowed as she hesitated, the tension filling the room. Did she know how much he wanted to kiss her, to feel her hands caressing his face, to have her – nope too far.

"I... I think I want to kiss you." She whispered at last. Tom nodded, his heart beating in his ears. Internally, he was leaping for joy, but all he could do was sit and stare.

"I... I'd like that." Tom murmured back, watching as a light lit up in Katherine's eyes. He swallowed as she started moving closer, letting his own eyes flutter shut as he leaned in. Unbeknownst to them, footsteps approached the door, and a series of sharp knocks made the two jerk away from each other.

"Kathy? You in here?" Rupert voice called out from behind the door. Katherine let out a frustrated sigh. Of course, her brother had to interrupt them.

"Yes Rupert, I am!" She called back, a scowl on her face. Tom looked equally perturbed. He was just about to kiss the woman he just might be in love with, and this happens? Really? Was Dianite actually watching over him, or was this just plain bad luck?

"Ianite needs you. She says it's urgent." Katherine sighed. She glanced over at Tom, who merely flushed and avoided her gaze. Cutie.

"Tom, I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow. I'm truly sorry for this but..." Katherine stood, watching Tom nod and swing his legs over the side of his bead, standing as well.

"That's alright, it's urgent." He replied, walking with her to the door. "Katherine." Tom called out softly, watching as she turned to look at him. He grabbed one of her hands, nervousness flooding through him, and gently kissed the back of it, ignoring the heat in his cheeks. "Thank you for everything." He murmured embarrassedly, watching as Katherine smiled at him.

"Thank you, Tom. I'll see you later." She watched him nod slightly, still not looking at her. Ah well. His self-confidence needed a boost. She would have to help him with that. Exiting the room, she was met with an annoyed Rupert. She smiled as he rattled off questions, asking why she had been in tom's room, especially this early, etcetera. All the way to Ianite's office, her hand tingled where Tom had kissed it. She felt like throwing up and dancing at the same time. She was so happy. He returned their feelings.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro