16 - Revealed

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(about 2x the normal word length lol. Hope y'all enjoy some nice syndisparklez fluff)

1 DAY - EVENING

Tom kept his eyes on the floor as Ianite rubbed her temple, feeling a headache starting to build up. The mortal in front of her wasn't answering any questions, and he wasn't even looking at her. This must be her brothers influence. He was so open the last few times. So trusting, so sincere. It had been ages since she had met a mortal as open as him. Jordan as obviously open with her, but he maintained a slight distance between them to keep private. Ianite couldn't blame him, really. She knew how it felt to have everyone looking at her at all times, and she couldn't blame him for wanting to keep something's private, like, say, his feelings for Tom. This whole situation was a mess. Dianite was set to be here tomorrow, and Tom wasn't cooperating with her. It was a bit annoying at this point. Thomas had stubbornly avoided her gaze and had sat in silence for nearly two whole hours now.

Her mind drifted back to yesterday, and the call from Dianite. Dianite had requested a meeting with Katherine specifically while he was negotiating the deal. She sighed. Why Katherine, of all people? Ianite had gotten Katherine up to talk about this meeting that Dianite had requested. She wasn't about to send one of her favourite followers into a death trap. The two of them had agreed to allow for the meeting to happen, but both Ianite and Jordan would be inside the same room. Just in case. Ianite wasn't taking any chances if her brother was involved. She thought back to how Katherine was yesterday. Katherine was definitely happier, and it seemed as if she couldn't keep a smile off of her face. Ianite knew that she had been in Tom's room when she had sent Rupert to go and get her. Maybe Tom had caused that profound happiness? She certainly hoped so.

Tom swallowed as he heard Ianite sigh, shifting slightly in his chair. He didn't want to make her mad, but he was following Dianite's orders. Dianite would protect him, right? Yesterday he had decided to inform Dianite of his wellbeing, and said that he would likely be having one more meeting with Ianite before he arrived. Dianite had advised him to not say anything, and Tom was taking Dianite's orders literally. He was in Dianite's favour right now, and he didn't want to lose that. If things went his way, Dianite might even give him a break. He might be able to visit Caps-Katherine and Jordan, though it was unlikely with the tensions between the two groups. Tom felt his face heat up a little when he thought about Katherine. He liked the way her name rolled off of his tongue, and the way that she had whispered his name quietly. She sounded sincere, and Tom felt bad that he was going to be leaving in a few days. He wanted to stay, but if Dianite wanted him at his side, then he had no other choice.

Abruptly, Ianite stood, causing Tom to flinch. She walked passed him, not saying a word, and exited the room. The doors closed behind her, and Tom was left in Ianite's office, alone. Ianite watched the guards glance over at her, surprised expression on their faces. Luckily, Jordan was with them, leaning up against a wall nearby. He bowed his head to her, and she merely nodded at him.

"Jordan, a word, please?" Jordan just nodded and the two of them walked out of earshot of the guards.

"What do you need, my lady?" He asked once the two of them came to a stop. Ianite rubbed her forehead.

"Tom is being well... difficult. He won't say anything, or even look at me." Ianite replied, a frown on her face. "I was hoping that maybe you could assist me somewhat." Jordan nodded slowly, a frown on his face. It was easy for Ianite to see the worry in his eyes over Tom's silence.

"Do you think it has anything to do with Dianite?" Cocking his head to one side, Jordan bit his lip nervously. Jordan was upset, to say the least, upon hearing that. He hated hearing about Tom and Dianite in the same sentence, especially after his and Tom's chat a few days ago. Jordan had a sneaking suspicion that Dianite was the reason that Tom thought of himself as unworthy, as weak, as not good enough. What kind of god made their own champion feel like shit?

"I believe so. He might be worried about accidentally spilling information to me, but you... You might be able to make him talk." Nodding slowly, Jordan came to his decision.

"Alright, I'll do it." Ianite watched as Jordan walked back to the closed doors, his head held high. She hoped he could do it.

Entering the room, Jordan noticed Tom sitting by Ianite desk, his head down. He either hadn't noticed him come in or didn't care. Alright. He could do this. Walking forwards up to Tom's chair, Jordan hesitantly placed a hand on Tom's shoulder. He was met with a small flinch from Tom, who glanced back at him, eyes wide. Jordan moved his hands upwards and took a few steps back, showing that he was safe. Tom relaxed, his shoulders slumping downwards. Jordan sat in the chair beside Tom, looking at him nervously. He didn't like that Tom had flinched when he touched him. That made him think of just what anyone had done to him to make him react like that. He pushed the thoughts out of his head. Now was not the time.

"Sorry for startling you, Tom." Jordan said quietly, watching Tom shift uncomfortably under his gaze. Tom swallowed. He had been told to not talk to Ianite but... Jordan wasn't her. He wouldn't be going against Dianite's orders if he talked to, or at the very least, responded to Jordan.

"I... It's fine, Jordan." Tom murmured, looking up at Jordan, a slightly fearful expression on his face. Jordan's heart ached, but he retained himself from doing anything.

"Is it okay if I ask you some things?" Jordan asked, watching tom's face carefully. Tom nodded jerkily, a slight flush crawling onto his cheeks. Damn Jordan and his beautiful eyes and his concerned gaze and- Ugh, Tom hated how easily Jordan could get him to do things. "How was your day, yesterday? I heard that Capsize payed you a visit. How'd that go?" Jordan raised his eyebrows as Tom coughed and looked away, his cheeks becoming redder with each passing second.

"I-It went fine, Jordan. Katherine was... wonderful." Tom flushed as he remembered the look in her eyes. He felt breathless just imagining it. Jordan smiled slightly. They were on first name basis. That was good. He placed a hand on Tom's knee, feeling relived when Tom didn't shift away, instead looking at him curiously.

"Did she say anything? About us?" Jordan asked, realizing that Tom didn't actually know that he and Katherine were together. That could put a stop to their plans, if Tom didn't want to intrude on their relationship. Tom frowned at Jordan. He didn't understand. Us? Did she mean the three of them? The Ianitee's? What was Jordan talking about? Realizing that Tom didn't understand, Jordan tried again. "Did she tell you about my relationship with her?" With that, Tom froze. Oh, gods. He had tried to get with Katherine, and she was taken. By Jordan no less. Noticing Tom's sudden panicked expression, he scooted closer to him.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude I- "Tom was cut off by Jordan grabbing his chin, gently titling his head so that Tom would actually look at him. Tom swallowed, his eyes wide. This was it. Jordan had learned that Tom had made moves on Katherine and he was going to kill him. He was going to die. Tom was confused when Jordan didn't stab him, and instead began talking.

"Tom, it's fine. We've talked about this." Jordan said calmly. He needed to make Tom stop freaking out. Then he could make a move.

"Oh." Tom whispered quietly, the fear in his gut leaving. They were okay with seeing other people, Dianite, Tom hadn't thought that they'd be alright with him loving someone else. He thought that they'd make him choose. A sudden surge of confidence replaced that fear that Tom had, and without thinking Tom leaned in to kiss Jordan. The other man let out a surprised grunt when their lips touched, but Jordan's eyes closed quickly as he pressed back against Tom, keeping a firm grip on his jaw. Tom let his own eyes flutter closed, the slight scratching of Jordan's beard and the sound of his heart pounding in his ears kept him grounded. Jordan was... much eager than Tom had suspected he would be.

Cautiously, Tom placed his hands on Jordan's cheeks, cupping his face tenderly. Tom sighed as he felt a hand gently gripping his wrist, urging his movements. The two of them shifted, and Tom found himself on top of Jordan's lap, one hand still cupping Jordan's cheek, the other tangled in his hair. They had broken apart, and for just a single moment Tom had feared that he'd done something wrong. But Jordan, sweet, tender Jordan, had eagerly reconnected their lips, moving his hands from his chin to Tom's waist, where he eagerly tugged Tom forwards. That was how they found themselves now, Jordan drawing out a slight gasp from Tom as he bit at Tom's bottom lip playfully. Jordan was enchanting, and Tom found himself getting carried away as Jordan squeezed his hip, letting one of his hands drop to Jordan's chest. He could feel each breath Jordan took, and could feel the slight beating of his heart. Eventually, the two of them pulled away from each other, panting slightly.

"Wow." Jordan said after a moment of silence, his voice hoarse. Tom swallowed, feeling that same fear creeping up on it again. Katherine was going to be mad that he kissed Jordan first, especially when the two of them had gotten so close yesterday. He blinked back tears and slid off of Jordan's lap. He missed the warmth already, the wonderful feeling of being close to someone you loved.

"I... I need to go." Tom said, tears building up in his eyes. Shit. He had screwed everything up. Jordan was going to hate him now, and he was going to tell Katherine and she would hate him too. He had to go, he had to hide away in his room and cry for a while. Tom stood and rushed out of the room, and let the guards grab onto his arms, looking to Ianite who hesitantly nodded, allowing them to take Tom back to his room. Jordan blinked, still in shock. Tom had kissed him? Well, more than kissed really. Jordan glanced from the door to his hands and back again. It had all happened so quickly. He had been surprised at Tom's boldness, and a little surprised at how he had reacted. Jordan had been a little rougher with Tom than he would have liked.

He was worried about Tom. Why had he run off like that, especially after a few minutes of very passionate kissing. Jordan swallowed, noticing his reflection in one of the windows. His hair was mussed up where Tom had been grasping at it, and his lips were slightly swollen.

"Huh." Jordan said to himself, feeling a giddy smile appear on his face. He couldn't wait to tell Katherine about this.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro