101 - Moving forward

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 101 - Moving forward

Translator: Yonnee

-

Very few Espers would have had enough power to raise a monster that's as big as a mountain into the air like that. However, Ciel did it without breaking a sweat.

We soared higher and higher, and I looked down at the scenery below-one that elicited a gasp from me as I had never seen it before.

"Huu, please guide me."

He must have used a great amount of power when he created that sea of fire in the distance. I immediately motioned to take off my gloves in order to guide him, but he was one step faster.

With barely a hairsbreadth between us, he leaned forward to kiss me. He gave me several pecks, like bird kisses that came and went-as if he wanted me to relent and open my lips first.

As if there weren't beads of sweat forming on his forehead, the corners of his mouth were raised. Why did seeing him like this make me feel so emotional...

Sheathing my katar, I reached up to cradle both sides of his face with my hands. Then, using my lips to open his, I inserted my tongue and guided him. I let the energy flow from me to him.

For a moment, his tongue remained completely still and frozen, but soon enough, it began to move violently. As his tongue intertwined with mine, his lips sucked me up, coveting me utterly. Whenever our fluids mixed, I felt my energy streaming into him.

Certainly, with each passing minute that the kiss deepened, the efficacy of my guiding increased. In the long time that I guided him, however, a commotion broke out below.

As I pulled away from him, a connected line of saliva stretched between us and soon broke.

"Mnnh..."

I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, and when I looked up, I saw that he still kept his eyes closed, as if he was savoring something sweet. I couldn't help but stare, but I soon lowered my head because it became noisy below once again.

The monster was airborne some distance below us, and it was being split into pieces. Every time golden flashes flew sharply around it, the monster howled and let out a tremendous roar.

"Dad?"

I couldn't see very well because we were so high up, but I was sure that the person moving swiftly underneath the monster was my father.

With his brown hair fluttering in the wind, he wielded his sword freely.

After that, I caught sight of the guards rushing in and getting off their horses.

"Ha... What is there for me to do when my father-in-law is a sword master?"

Then, I heard Ciel speaking in a low voice. Ironically enough, even as he nonchalantly declared that my dad was his father-in-law when we're not even married, I couldn't keep my eyes off Dad. This was a new side to him that I had never seen before.

Still in Ciel's arms, I shouted down.

"Dad!"

Then, his golden eyes followed my voice immediately. His eyes, glinting like cold hard metal, always had such a warm gaze whenever they looked at me.

"Rin! Dad's here!"

The corners of my lips automatically rose as I heard his strong shout. I wanted to brag. Ah, this is how it feels.

In the past, there was one particular Guide who had been especially proud of her parents. At that time, I thought that I couldn't do anything about, but right now, I could understand properly.

I wanted to run to him right this second-I wanted to be pulled into my father's firm embrace. So, I gripped Ciel's arm as it was around my waist.

"Bring me down!"

But rather than doing so, my words elicited the opposite response. Ciel tightened his hold on me even more.

"It's still dangerous."

"It's alright now, so bring me to the ground."

"...Huu, give me a moment."

There, towards the monster that my father was hacking up with his sword, Ciel opened his palm. While the monster had its limbs completely torn apart by this point, it was still alive. But at this moment, its head was horrifically pulled out.

Graaaaaah!

The sure way of subjugating this monster was to destroy its head entirely. Its head had the ability to regenerate as long as it was alive.

Ciel promptly and skillfully burned the monster's head with his fire and wind abilities.

The monster let out a grotesque cry, which reverberated throughout and soon disappeared. The people standing below all looked up at Ciel blankly, utterly shocked.

As though they had witnessed an inexplicable phenomenon-or perhaps a miracle-some of them murmured and clasped their hands together.

With me still in his arms, Ciel lightly descended. And, as soon as my feet touched the ground, Mom ran straight towards me as though she'd been waiting.

"Rin!"

"Mom..."

Just by looking at her expression, it was clear just how worried she was about me. I felt remorseful, but if the same thing would ever happen again, I would not hesitate to protect my mother again.

"My wife, it's best to be careful. There might still be some small monsters left nearby."

Dad hugged Mom as he said this. I was so impatient to run towards the two of them, but because Ciel still had his arms around my waist, I couldn't.

"Let go of me."

So for a second time, I gripped his arms and tried to pry them off me. However, he was staring at something without moving a muscle.

I followed his gaze and saw Morgan, who was also glaring at Ciel scathingly.

If you're going to have a staring contest, just do it with the two of you. Just let me go!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro