{14} POTIONS

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It is morning at Hogwarts, and Mia and Ron are running in the corridors because they're late for Transfiguration class. In the class, a tabby cat is sitting on a desk. Mia and Ron rush in; Hermione rolls her eyes in annoyance because they're late for class.

"You two are always late to class," Ginny exclaimed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Mia and Ron exchanged guilty glances.

"Well, it's not like we're intentionally late," Mia replied, her voice tinged with a hint of defensiveness. "Hogwarts is enormous! It's easy to get lost."

Ron nodded in agreement. "Oh yeah.."

Ginny raised an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "There's something called a map, you know. You can always check it out."

Ron: Whew! Made it! Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late? [The cat jumps off the desk and transforms into Professor McGonagall, on-screen for the first time. The two friends are amazed.]

"That's really impressive, professor McGonagall." Dean expressed, voicing his admiration.

"Yes, even after all this time, I'm still in awe," Mia added.

Professor McGonagall smiled warmly at Dean and Mia, appreciating their kind words. "Thank you."

Ron: That was bloody brilliant!

Several students nodded their heads in agreement with what Ron said..

McGonagall: Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps, it'd be more useful if I were to transfigure Miss. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch. That way, one of you might be on time.
Mia: We got lost.
McGonagall: Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats.

"Oh, Professor McGonagall, your sassy nature is legendary," Fred said, a hint of amusement in his tone.

Remus chuckled softly, his eyes twinkling with fondness. "You haven't lost your touch, Minnie," he said, affectionately.

A small smile tugged at the corners of McGonagall's lips, her gaze momentarily softening. "Don't call me that," she responded firmly, although her stern tone was contradicted by the underlying warmth in her expression.

Later on, inside Snape's potions classroom, the students are chattering, sitting near steaming cauldrons. The door slams open and Snape comes rushing in.

As the commotion unfolded, students startled and professors disapprovingly shook their heads. Amidst the chaos, Mia's gaze inadvertently shifted towards Severus. To her surprise, his usually stern expression softened upon meeting her eyes. But instead of being comforted by this unexpected change, Mia frowned, unsure of what to make of it.

Unbeknownst to Mia, Remus and Sirius noticed the exchange between her and Severus. Remus, concerned, gently tugged at her shirt to gain her attention. Mia turned to him and he asked,

"Everything's okay?"

Giving a reassuring smile, Mia replied, "Yeah, no worries."

In the meantime, Sirius's attention was solely fixed on Severus, his expression hardening into a glare. The tension between them was palpable, a silent rivalry that had gone on for years. Though unaware of Sirius's disapproving stare, Severus could sense the intensity of their gaze and it didn't go unnoticed by Mia, who felt a pang of discomfort at the underlying tension.

Snape: There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... in death

Leaning closer to Remus, Sirius whispered questioningly, "Is he serious?"

Meeting Sirius's gaze with a mixture of amusement and disbelief, Remus replied, "I think he's lost his mind."

Mia, overhearing their exchange, couldn't help but giggle at their thoughts.

[Draco raises his eyebrows. Snape sees Mia, writing what Snape said in his lecture down, in, his view, not paying attention.]

As Mia's face filled with a whirlwind of questions, both Ron and Hermione couldn't help but notice her deep in thought. Concern etched across her features, Hermione gently inquired,

"What are you thinking?"

Mia met Hermione's gaze, her voice tinged with confusion. "Why does he hate me so much?"

Ron, meeting her eyes with a mixture of disbelief, shrugged slightly. "You just gave him reason to not like you."

Mia's eyes widened in disbelief at Ron's response. Feeling a surge of defensiveness, she responded, "I was writing! How does that justify anything?"

Hermione, always the voice of reason, sought to reassure Mia. "Don't worry, Mia, it'll all be explained later."

Mia managed a small smile at Hermione's words, "You're right."

Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough... to not... pay... attention. [Hermione nudges Mia, finally making her look up to the Professor.]

"Please tell me you know the answer." Fred

Mia smiled, guilty and shook her head.

"Oh God." George sighed.

[Snape then walks to where he can speak to Mia more properly. ] Miss. Potter. Our... new... celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?

Her frustration evident in her tone. "We didn't learn that information in first year," she stated, her voice tinged with a hint of snarl.

Her words resonated with the other students, their heads nodding in agreement.

[Hermione raises her hand. Mia shrugs.] You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Miss. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar? [Hermione's hand raises again.]

The room erupted, everyone was in disbelief and it was Sirius who broke the silence with his thunderous voice. "Oh, for Gods sake, just leave her alone, Snape!" he shouted, his words ringing with anger and protectiveness.

Sirius stood his ground, a fierce expression etched upon his face as he confronted Snape. The tension between the two wizards crackled in the air, their animosity evident in their locked gazes. Sirius had always been fiercely devoted to Mia, his goddaughter, and he would not tolerate her being mistreated.

"Enough, Sirius."

Mia: I don't know, sir.
Snape: And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?
Mia: I don't know, sir.
Snape: Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything [Draco has a smirk on his face] Is it, Miss. Potter?

Remus, Sirius, Fred, George, Ron, Dean, and all those who held a close bond with Mia directed their glares towards Severus. The intensity of their collective gaze conveyed a hint of anger towards him.

Mia: Clearly, Hermione knows. Seems a pity not to ask her. [Hermione looks a bit surprised as everyone laughs]

Mia chuckled while Hermione shook her head in response.

"Do you not agree with me?" Mia pondered, a smirk playing on her lips.

"When have I ever disagreed with you?" Hermione asked her, sarcastically.

"Thought so."

Mia chuckled even louder, and Hermione couldn't help but join in the laughter. The others looked at them and smiled. Some even laughed with them too.

Snape: Silence. [he turns to Mia, looking a bit insulted; Mia seemingly gulps. Snape then walks over to her desk. To Hermione, who has still got her hand up.] Put your hand down, you silly girl.

"Ouch, that hurt," Hermione remarked, a tinge of embarrassment coloring her cheeks.

"Don't pay attention to him, Hermione. You're not silly at all," Ron reassured her.

Hermione's blush deepened.

[He sits in front of Mia, and leans towards her.] For your information, Potter, asphodel, and Wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. [everything is quiet] Well? [to the students] Why aren't you all copying this down? [The students obey Snape and start to write down what Snape said. Snape returns to his desk, and dips his quill into some ink.] And Gryffindors, note that five points will be taken from your house...

Colin gasped in disbelief. "You can't do that!" he exclaimed, his voice laced with shock.

The Gryffindor students, filled with righteous indignation, raised their voices in protest. "That's not fair!" They shouted, expressing their displeasure.

Even Dumbledore, usually composed and impartial, couldn't hide his disapproval as his gaze landed on Snape. His expression spoke volumes, silently conveying his dissatisfaction.

Oliver, the former Gryffindor Quidditch captain, couldn't hold back his frustration any longer. "You asked her questions meant for older students and then proceeded to deduct points from her house?" he interjected, his tone incredulous. "That doesn't sound fair to me at all!" he exclaimed, defending his fellow Gryffindor against the perceived injustice.

Mia's eyes met Oliver's, and a soft smile graced her lips as a silent expression of gratitude. Oliver, understanding her unspoken appreciation, nodded his head in acknowledgement.

Mia's cheeks tinted with a blush as she quickly adverted her gaze, feeling slightly caught off guard by the feeling she suddenly got.

Sensing the shift in Mia's demeanor, Hermione arched an eyebrow inquisitively, silently questioning the unspoken exchange between Mia and Oliver.

Mia, trying to brush off the moment, simply replied, "Nothing," hoping to divert Hermione's curiosity and maintain some semblance of composure.

for your classmate's cheek. [Snape then starts writing; Hermione looks at Mia and then starts writing. Mia looks at Snape, who turns slightly and then continues writing. Mia stares at Snape, knowing that he shows dislike for the girl.]

The memory of that day lingered in Mia's mind, triggering a pang of hurt. She couldn't help but feel a sense of frustration, knowing deep down that she hadn't done anything to warrant such animosity.

[In the great hall, around midday. The students are all doing their homework. Seamus is trying a spell on a cup.]
Seamus: Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum. [Looks in cup and shakes head.] Eye of rabbit, harp string hum...
Mia: What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?
Ron: Turn it into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before-

"That's not good news."

Mia remembered what will happen and instinctively covered her ears, and Hermione and Ron followed suit, The other students looked at them with confusion, unsure of what was happening.

Dean glanced at Seamus, his eyes filled with questions. "Is it... when—"

Seamus interrupted him, and simply nodded. He too closed his ears, joining Mina, Hermione, Ron, and even Neville and Dean.

Curiosity tinged with anxiety filled the air as one of the students spoke up, breaking through the tension. "What's going to happen?" they asked, their voice trembling.

[Ron was cut off when a mighty flash occurs. We now see that the cup has exploded and Seamus is left charred. Several students laugh at this as Hermione fans away the smoke with her hand.

Everyone was startled by the sudden explosion. However, and understood why they where closing their ears, and their initial surprise quickly turned into laughter, unable to resist the comedic timing of Seamus. The explosion had even managed to make Seamus himself laugh, joining in with the rest of the students.

[Suddenly, a flock of owls start coming into the hall from the rafters above.]
Ron: Ah. Mail's here! [The owls soar by, dropping parcels to students. Mia gets nothing. She sees the newspaper Ron has put down.]
Mia: Can I borrow this? [Ron nods] Thanks.
[Neville is unwrapping a gift. It is a clear glass ball with a gold banner around it.]

"It's a Remembrall!"

Dean: Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!
Hermione: I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, [the smoke turns red] it means you've forgotten something.

The first-year Muggle-born and Muggle students stared at the Remembrall in astonishment, their eyes wide with wonder. It was their first encounter with such a magical object, and the fact that it had the power to indicate forgotten memories left them amazed.

"Wow, it's incredible!"

Neville: The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten.

Amidst the laughter that echoed through the room, Neville glanced around sheepishly, his cheeks turning slightly pink. His initial embarrassment slowly melted away as the friendly laughter filled the air, replacing it with a sense of lightheartedness and camaraderie.

Mia: Hey, Ron! Somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen. [she reads the article] "Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713,

"Isn't that the vault you and Hagrid went to?"

Sirius couldn't contain his surprise as he voiced his thoughts. Mia responded with a confirming nod, indicating that it was indeed the same vault she and Hagrid had visited before.

His curiosity piqued, Sirius commented, "That's rather peculiar, isn't it?"

Mia concurred, emphasizing her earlier point, "Exactly, that's exactly what I thought."

"It will explained right?" Remus wondered.

"Yes."

had in fact been emptied earlier that same day." That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro