{15} YOUNGEST SEEKER

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

That afternoon, outside the castle, the students, Gryffindor and Slytherin, are lined up in two rows with brooms by their sides. The teacher, Madam Hooch, comes down the line. She has short hair and hawk yellow eyes.
Hooch: Good afternoon, class.

Mia beamed with excitement, expressing her genuine delight as she shared her thoughts, "Ohh, that was probably the best class I've taken!" Her eyes sparkled as she continued, "After yours, of course," directing her gaze towards Remus.

Remus chuckled warmly, nodding in gratitude at Mia's words, his eyes reflecting his pleasure at her enthusiasm.

Sirius and Remus exchanged a glance filled with anticipation, eager to see Mia's first time lifting the broom.

Class: Good afternoon, Madam Hooch.
Hooch: Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon. [to the class] Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, "Up."
Class: Up! [After Mia said "Up"!, the broom immediately flies into her hand.]

The atmosphere shimmered with wonder and reverence as the collective gasps echoed through the air, a testament to the sheer magnificence of the scene unfolding in front of them.

Sirius and Remus looked at Mia with pride and wonder.

Mia: [amazed] Wow!
Hermione stares at her as the class continues.

Mia flashed a mischievous smirk at Hermione, playfully provoking her with a teasing question, "Were you jealous, Mione?"

Hermione met Mia's gaze and offered a nonchalant shrug in response. "Everyone was jealous of you," she remarked, her tone carrying a hint of amusement and honesty.

Draco: Up! [broomstick flies up and Draco smugly grins.]

Mia rolled her eyes at his antics.

Ron: Up. Up!
Hooch: With feeling!
Hermione: [as her broomstick slowly rises] Up. Up. Up. Up.
Ron: Up!! [His broom immediately shot up and whacked him on the nose] Ooh! [Mia laughs] Shut up, Mia. [Ron then seemingly starts to laugh after he recovered]

The entire hall erupted into laughter as Ron's antics amused them. The sound of joyous laughter filled the air, echoing as students and teachers alike found themselves overcome with amusement at Ron's unexpected display.

Hooch: Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. [the class mounts on their broomsticks] When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle. 3, 2...

"Oh, I remembered what will happen," Mia announced, closing her eyes as if reliving a cherished memory.

Hermione and Ron exchanged a knowing look, smiling at the shared anticipation of the upcoming event. They both turned their attention to Mia, eager to join her in revisiting the remarkable story of the youngest seeker's discovery.

"It's time for the world to see how the youngest seeker was found," Hermione remarked with a warm smile, reflecting her admiration.

"And to see what a bastard Malfoy is," Ron added, his words carrying a hint of disdain for him

She blows the whistle. However, Neville's broomstick somehow lifts him off the ground. Neville immediately lifts off. He looks quite frightened.

The professors, their eyes wide with fear, watched Neville with concern, their thoughts filled with the dread of what could potentially happen to him. The weight of their apprehension hung heavy in the air as they dreaded the potential outcome.

"Oh."

Neville's reaction was palpable as he sank down into his seat, clearly uncomfortable with the attention directed at him.

Neville: Oh...
Hooch: Mr. Longbottom.
Girl: Neville, what are you doing?
Students: Neville... Neville...
Boy: We're not supposed to take off, yet.
Hooch: [Neville begins soaring away uncontrollably] M-M-M-Mr. Longb-!
Neville: AHH!
Hooch: Mr. Longbottom!
Neville: Down! Down! Ahhhh!
Mia: Neville!
Neville: Help!!! [he immediately skyrockets towards the sky]

"Oh my god, is he okay?" A concerned Molly Weasley voiced the worry that had gripped the entire hall.

Eyes were reflecting their fear for their friend Neville. The tension in the hall was palpable as those who hadn't witnessed the event were on the edge of their seats, their concern evident despite their unshakeable faith in Neville's resilience. It was a testament to the strong bonds within the magical community as they rallied around one of their own in a display of unwavering support and solidarity.

Hooch: Come back down this instant!
Neville: AHH! [He flies uncontrollably in the air and hits a wall, conking along it and then swooping off. All the while, he is screaming. He begins to zoom back towards the group of students. Hooch quickly holds out her wand to stop him.]

"Ouch."

"I bet that hurt."

"It did," Neville whispered, rubbing his arm as he reminisced about the lingering pain he had endured for days after the unfortunate incident. His words carried a sense of resilience and quiet fortitude.

Neville: Help!
Hooch: Mr. Longbottom-! [However, the students quickly stand back as Hooch dives out of the way, allowing Neville to fly right through. Neville goes through the scatter and up a tower.]

The hushed atmosphere in the Great Hall was so thick that if a pen had dropped, it would have echoed through the entire space. The palpable silence spoke volumes as every eye widened with fear and concern for what had befallen Neville.

Amidst the tense stillness, the poignant sound of first-year students slight crying as well as the Neville and Madam hootch yells filled the air, their fear and vulnerability laid bare as they grappled with the thought of facing a similar mishap while learning to fly on a broom.

Neville: Ahhhh! Whoa! Ahhh! [zooms past a statue of a man with a sharp spear. Neville's cloak catches on it. He is flipped off the broom and hangs there.] Oh. Ah... help! [He wavers, then the cloak rips through the spear, and he falls. But his cloak catches on a torch, making Neville slip off from his cloak a second later and fell to the ground.] Ow!

Everyone in the hall winced as Neville fell to the ground. Their expressions twisted with concern, mirroring the collective pain at witnessing his unexpected tumble. The gasps and hushed whispers filled the air as they shared in Neville's moment of vulnerability.

Hooch: Everyone out of the way! [She runs through the group, and they scatter.] Come on, get up.
Hermione: Is he alright? [Hooch is helping Neville up; he has broken his wrist after he fell.]

Ron raised an eyebrow, his concern evident. "Does he look alright to you, Hermione?"

"I had to ask," she responded in a defensive tone, feeling the need to justify her inquiry.

Mia came to Hermione's defense, saying, "Well, unlike you, Ron, she cares about people."

Ron gasped, looking at Mia in disbelief. "Take that back!"

Mia quickly realized her mistake and apologized, "Sorry!"

Hermione couldn't help but smirk as she and Mia exchanged a knowing look, while Ron narrowed his eyes at both of them, feigning annoyance.

Neville: Ow, ow, ow, ow.
Hooch: Oh, oh, oh, oh dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Poor boy. Come on now, up you get. [Draco reaches down and grabs Neville's Remembrall, which has fallen from him. Hooch begins to lead Neville away with her.]

"Leave his Remembrall alone you ferret." Ginny scoffed.

Draco looked at Ginny in annoyance at the mention of that nickname

Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch.

Mia focused her eyes with a cocky smile, her reflection cause eliciting grins from the Gryffindor team as her confident demeanor sparked curiosity and excitement among her peers.

Remus and Sirius noticed the sudden sift from the Gryffindor's reaction and shared a look before giving Mia a nudge, the both eyed Mia suspiciously, to which she responded with an innocent smile.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to witness the youngest seeker in a century fly for the first time ever," George remarked with an enthusiastic grin, his excitement mirrored by his twin, Fred.

The mention of Mia's first flight piqued the curiosity of the Quidditch team. Despite her renowned reputation as the best, the prospect of witnessing her take to the skies for the first time intrigued them, igniting a shared eagerness to witness her skills in action.

[Madam Hooch leaves the field to take Neville to the hospital wing.]
Draco: [snickers] Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse.

"Draco!" Narcissa scolded him, her disapproval evident in her tone as she addressed her son, the weight of her disappointment hanging heavy in the air.

[He and his goons laugh; Mia approaches him.]
Mia: Give it here, Malfoy.
Draco: No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find. [he hops on his broom and soars around group, then through.] How about on the roof? [soars off and hovers several feet above the grounds.] What's the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?

Lucius and Narcissa exchanged meaningful glances with their son, each conveying a distinct emotion - disapproval from his mother and disappointment from his father.

"You and I are going to have a discussion at home," Narcissa stated firmly.

Draco nodded, his expression betraying a hint of apprehension as he responded, "Of course, Mother," his voice carrying a touch of unease.

[Finally having enough, Mia gets on her broom, Hermione stops her.]
Hermione: Mia, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said. Besides, you don't even know how to fly.

"Listen to her, Mia!" Remus groaned.

"But if I listened to her, I wouldn't have become what I am now, would I?" Mia fired back sarcastically,

[Mia flies off to face Draco, ignoring her.] What an idiot.

"Ouch! Hermione!" Mia complained. "That hurt."

Hermione's cheeks reddened slightly as she looked away from Mia.

[Mia is now in the air, across from Draco.]
Mia: Give it here, Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom!
Draco: Is that so? [Mia makes a dash for him, but Draco twirls around his broom in a 360.] Have it your way, then Draco hurls the Remembrall into the air, like a baseball. Mia zooms after the ball, speeding towards a tower. Just as she is about to hit a window, from which McGonagall is working, she catches it. McGonagall notices this and looks surprised]

"Oh no!" Remus whispered.

[as Mia begins to fly back down to the grounds. The students all cheer as Mia lands back on the ground at ease. They run to see her.]
Dean: Nice going, Mia!
Seamus: Oh, that was wicked, Mia!

Stunned silence enveloped the group, their astounded expressions portraying their disbelief at Mia's exceptional flying abilities, especially considering it was her first time on a broom. She had nailed it.

"That was impressive, Mia!" Oliver exclaimed proudly, his admiration evident in his voice.

"Thank you, Oliver," Mia replied, her cheeks flushing with a mix of pride and bashfulness.

"So awesome!" Colin chimed in, his voice filled with awe as he gazed at Mia in a dreamlike state, still processing the incredible feat he had just witnessed.

[McGonagall appears in the grounds.]
McGonagall: Mia Potter! [Mia notices her] Follow me. [Mia sullenly follows her. Draco and his goons snicker in delight.]

A heavy silence ensued as no one could think of anything to say that wouldn't lead to a lengthy and heated argument.

[McGonagall and Mia arrive outside of Professor Quirrell's classroom. He is inside teaching, holding an iguana.]
Quirrell: An iguana s-such as this is...
McGonagall: You wait here.
Quirrell: ...an essential in-gredient.
McGonagall: Professor Quirrell, excuse me, excuse me. Could I borrow Wood for a moment, please?

"You only ask for Wood for one reason."

"QUIDDITCH!"

Quirrell: Oh, y-yes, of course. [A boy called Oliver Wood, gets up to leave and Quirrell continues.] And the vampire b-bat... [as Wood exits the classroom, an eerie roar is heard.]
McGonagall: Potter, this is Oliver Wood. Wood, I have found you a Seeker!

The cheers of "YES!!" echoed through the air as the Gryffindors erupted into jubilant celebration, joined by the approving smiles of Sirius and Remus. The latter beamed with pride as he looked at Mia, conveying his happiness for her accomplishment.

"Great job, Mia!" Sirius exclaimed, clapping her on the back.

Remus nodded in agreement, adding, "You really showed them how it's done."

"Thanks, Sirius, Remus," Mia replied, her face glowing with gratitude.

Oliver, seizing the moment, interjected with a heartfelt declaration, "We're lucky to have you on our team, Mia. Your skill on the broom is unmatched!"

The team nodded in agreement, and Mia's confidence soared as she basked in their praises

[Mia and Ron are walking through crowded halls. Sir Nicholas and a lady ghost float by.]
Nick: Have you heard? Mia Potter's the new Gryffindor Seeker. I always knew she'd do well.
Ron: Seeker? But first years never make their house teams! You must be the youngest Quidditch player in...
Mia: A century, according to McGonagall.

McGonagall nodded in acknowledgment, confirming the information with a solemn expression.

Remus and Sirius exchanged glances, their eyes filled with pride and a twinge of sadness. They were undoubtedly proud of Mia's achievement, but the absence of James and Lily cast a bittersweet shadow over the momentous occasion. They silently wished that Mia's parents could have been there to witness her making history.

[Fred and George approach and walk along with Ron and Mia.]
Fred: Hey, well done, Mia, Wood's just told us!
Ron: Fred and George are on the team, too. Beaters.
George: Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch.
Fred: Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally.

Oliver and the rest of the Gryffindor team scolded the twins for scaring Mia. "We need her on the team!" Oliver admonished with exasperation.

The twins responded with mischievous smiles, but Mia couldn't resist adding a teasing comment. "Wait till they hear what you'll say next," she smirked, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

George paled, recalling the next part of their plan and the potential consequences, while Fred and him exchanged knowing looks, understanding the trouble they had stirred up.

[They break off from Mia and Ron, who walk across a courtyard.]
George: But they'll turn up in a month or two!

The Hall erupted in laughter at the twins' antics, appreciating their mischievous nature.

"George!" Molly and Arthur scorned him as he looked away from them.

However, the conversation itself left everyone at a loss for words, unsure of how to address the underlying tension and potential repercussions.

Ron: Oh, go on, Harry. Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great, too [Hermione, knowing what Mia is talking about, jumps up from her work and comes to join them.]
Mia: But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?
Hermione: You won't make a fool of yourself. It's in your blood.

"You won't make a fool of yourself. You'll be great," Sirius stated proudly, his voice filled with reassurance and confidence in Mia's abilities.

Remus added with a warm smile, "He's right and after all, you are your father's daughter."

Mia felt a surge of emotions, warmth mixed with a sense of responsibility as she looked at her godfathers. Their words and the memory of her parents inspired her to strive for greatness.

[Later, the three approach a trophy case. Hermione points at a plaque of Quidditch players. One lists Mia's father as a Seeker.]
Ron: Whoa. Mia, you never told me your father was a Seeker, too.
Mia: I didn't know.

The atmosphere in the hall shifted from jubilant to somber. The Gryffindors had gained a star player and seeker, who also happened to be the daughter of another legendary seeker. However, the joy was tinged with a poignant reminder of the loss of her parents. The weight of their absence hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over the bittersweet moment.

The three are walking up a staircase in the Grand Staircase tower. A railing pulls in, Hermione looks, but continues walking.
Ron: I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do.
Mia: Who doesn't?

The revelation of Mia's past brought a collective twinge of sadness to those gathered. As the focus had often been on Mia's pivotal role in stopping the Dark Lord, her personal suffering and the adversity she had endured were overshadowed. The realization that she had lost her parents that fateful night, and had been raised by Muggles who harbored disdain for magic, weighed on the hearts of those present.

In that moment, the Gryffindors and the others in the hall understood that Mia's journey was marked by profound loss and hardship, and they felt a deep sense of empathy for her. They vowed to remember not only her remarkable triumphs, but also the difficulties she had faced along the way.

[The staircase shudders and begins to move. The three grab the railings.]
Ron: Ahh!
[Hermione gasps]
Mia: What's happening?
Hermione: The staircases change, remember? [The staircase stops, leading to a corridor.]

The abrupt movement of the staircase startled the younger students in the hall, causing a brief moment of surprise before giving way to a collective chuckle as they and everyone else laughed at their own jumpiness. The lighthearted moment provided a welcome break from the weighty conversation, allowing everyone to relax and share in a brief, carefree laugh together.

Mia: [taps Ron] Let's go this way.
Ron: Before the staircase moves again. [They all open a door and walk into a spooky, dark, and deserted corridor.]

A chilling feeling suddenly swept over the students, sending a shiver down their spines. The adults too sensed the change in atmosphere and a few exchanged concerned glances. The abrupt shift in the hall's energy brought an unsettling unease, causing a hushed silence to fall over the room:

Mia: Does anyone feel like we shouldn't be here?

"YES!"

Hermione: We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden.

"Oh no!"

"Get out of there right now!" Molly's urgent cry echoed through the hall, her tone filled with alarm and urgency.

"Too late." Mia smiled guiltily.

[Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows. The group jumps.]
Mia: Let's go.
[Mrs. Norris meows]
Hermione: It's Filch's cat!
Mia: Run!

"RUN!!!!"

[The trio run through the corridor, flames are lit up on the stone supports, one by one, as they run past. They get to the end of the corridor, to a door.]
Mia: Quick! Let's hide through that door! [She grabs the handle, but it's locked.]
Mia: It's locked!
Ron: That's it! We're done for!
Hermione: Oh, move over! [pushes through and pulls out her wand, aiming it at the lock] Alohomora. [The door's lock lifts up magically and it opens.] Get in. [They bustle in.]
Ron: Alohomora?
Hermione: Standard Book of Spells, Chapter 7.

"You know, Hermione," Ron began, catching her attention, "I'm grateful for everything you've done for us, but this moment..."

Mia nodded fervently in agreement with Ron, expressing her solidarity with his sentiments.

[Filch arrives at the start of the corridor with a light. Mrs. Norris looks at him.]
Filch: Anyone here, my sweet? [Mrs. Norris meows] Come on. [they leave the corridor.]
Hermione: Filch is gone.
Ron: Probably thinks this door's locked.
Hermione: It was locked.
Mia: And for good reason.

"Now that he is gone. Get the bloody hell out of there!" Seamus yelled at the screen, his voice tinged with urgency and concern.

"Didn't you hear Dumbledore's warning at the beginning of the year?" Dean asked the trio, his tone reflecting a mix of exasperation and worry.

"It's not like we went there intentionally," Mia pointed out.

[Ron and Hermione turn to stand with Mia. There is a massively huge three headed dog sleeping in front of them. The dog begins to wake. It growls, yawns, and growls more... noticing the intruders.]

The adults remained frozen in their seats as the image of the three-headed dog appeared on the screen, an atmosphere of palpable tension enveloping the room as they watched, their growing concern evident.

The question echoed in their minds:

"What is it doing here? In a school filled with children?"

The disquieting realization of the danger posed by the creature's presence deepened their unease, prompting a heightened sense of urgency and apprehension.

All: AHHHHHHH!

The younger students screamed in unison with the trio on the screen, their voices rising in fear and alarm. The shared reaction highlighted the immersive and visceral nature of the moment, drawing everyone into the gripping tension of the unfolding scene.

[The three bolt, running out of the door. They turn quickly to shut the door and battle against the dog. They get the door shut and run. They return to the Gryffindor Common Room. They are breathless.]

"Albus, what in the world were you thinking?" Molly's voice reverberated with anger and concern as she directed her furious question at Dumbledore, who seemed to try and make himself more and more invisible by the second.

Siruis, his own frustration boiling over, added, "What the bloody hell?!"

Remus chimed in, his voice tinged with frustration, "This is absolutely unacceptable, Professor Dumbledore. How could you put the students in such danger?"

Dumbledore, faced with the unrelenting anger of the others, had nothing to offer in response to assuage their righteous indignation. The gravity of the situation hung heavy in the air, rendering the room charged with tension and uncertainty.

Ron: What do they think they're doing? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school.
Hermione: You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?
Ron: I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice. There were three!

"Exactly, Ron, exactly!"

[they begin to climb the stairs to the dorms.]
Hermione: It was standing on a trapdoor. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something.
Mia: Guarding something?

The groans of frustration, especially from the Gryffindors, reverberated through the group, drawing puzzled looks from those younger and older.

Neville, feeling the need to interject, attempted to lighten the mood with a self-deprecating quip, "It's not a good thing to have Mia think."

Dean chimed in, adding, "Yeah, she's always onto something, and it doesn't always end well."

Mia rolled her eyes at their jest, but Ginny, ever the voice of reason, tried to reassure her, "They're telling the truth, Mia."

"Shut up, Ginny," Mia retorted with mock indignation.

Hermione: That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed. Or worse, expelled.

The hall erupted into laughter as everyone found amusement in Hermione's concern about not getting expelled.

"Iconic Hermione's quote strikes again," Mia remarked, adding to the lighthearted moment.

Hermione blushed but soon joined in the laughter, finding humor in the situation and embracing the lighter atmosphere in the hall.

[turns and leaves, shutting the door to her dormitory.] Ron: She needs to sort out her priorities. [Mia nods in agreement]

"Ron!" Hermione nudged his shoulders with a mix of exasperation and amusement.

"What? Mia agreed with me," Ron protested.

"Hey! Leave me out of this," Mia interjected with a playful yet firm tone.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro