2. Huge Clash: Beyathalon!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Kyle and Y/n!"

Your eyes turned to the four behind you, but soon returned to looking at the ocean. The two of you left once they turned their attention away.

"I feel there are only four with a significant amount of power here," you stated. "Everyone else is simply too weak or unskilled."

"I agree." He shifted his gaze to behind you and moved to the center of the hall in a stance that seemed like he would pounce. You did the same as you turned to face Xhan.

The prince immediately got into a fighting stance. "I don't trust you. That is merely what my heroic senses tell me."

The two of you stayed silent.

Xhan relaxed and stood up straight. "That said, I have no interest in your actions. You are free to do as you please." He walked past you as you turned to watch him.

•~•~•~•~•

"You were battling Aiga." You stood outside Kyle's room with your arms crossed.

"Yes. So?"

You frowned. "Don't spend all your time on just him. Phi is much more powerful."

"I haven't seen any of his moves yet. Unlike Aiga, I can't plan a way to beat him for sure."

You sighed, bringing a hand up to rest your cheek on it. "You do realize you have to sleep?"

"So do you."

"I know." You walked up to him, pulling down your mask. "I was making sure you would actually be here." You moved his out of the way, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Good night, Kyle." You walked into your room, door shutting behind you.

"Good night, Y/n," you heard him say, followed by the sound of his door sliding shut.

The next morning you woke up, staring out the window at the rising sun. "Six again." You climbed out of bed and changed into your normal attire, which consisted of a blue dress shirt with one sleeve rolled up to your elbow and the other completely ripped off, a black vest and belt, your surgical mask, a dark purple skirt with lightning and flame designs, and black, steel-toed combat boots.

"Ding dong! Good morning everyone! Let's do out best today!" Beyn greeted.

You stood by Kyle, silently staring at the screen

"Good morning, boys and girls! Time for the Beyathalon!" Anami exclaimed. "I hope you're ready! Let's party!"

"We're going to have you all participate in a number of games. The winner of the final game will win one Beystar!"

"Good. A chance to gain stars."

"The first game will be the 1000 Shoot challenge!"

You stared at the machine behind you. "Power and endurance, as well as speed and willpower. Right." You took a deep breath and walked up to the machine.

"3! 2! 1! Go shoot!"

•~•~•~•~•

You sighed. "So I didn't make it. Unfortunate, but it's not the end of the world."

Kyle put a hand in your shoulder. "I'll win for both of us."

You smiled. "That's sweet of you." You left to go watch the battle from the side. You ended up having to stand by Phi, which made you a bit unsettled.

The battle began, and you watched as the BitBeast clashed, slashing and biting at each other. You soon noticed a faint glow and turned to see that the light was coming from Phoenix. You quickly turned your attention back to the battle.

That evening, you stood outside, staring out at the night sky reflecting on the water. "This seems to be a challenge not meant for me." Your phone rang, and you looked at the caller ID before immediately hanging up. "Damn. How many times do I need to block this bastard?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro