Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

November

It's been three months since Austin left me. I haven't eaten much or talked to any members of my family. The overwhelming feeling of wanting to throw up again hits me and I run to the bathroom. Kneeling in front of the toilet I throw up.

The door to the bathroom opens, revealing my older sister Katrina. She pulls my hair to the side as I throw up. "Liz, Mom and Dad are worried about you. They called me because I'm the only one that can get through to you. I know the pain Austin caused you is unbearable, but you need to look after yourself. I'm taking you to the hospital to find out what's going on with you."

"Okay, " I mumble. Standing up I move over to the vanity and turn the tap. I rinse my mouth out with water. "let me get changed and I'll meet you downstairs."

"No, I'll wait for you in your room. I don't want you to zone out again and then it will take us forever to get you to the doctor." She sits on my bed and grabs the Fifty Shades of Grey book off my nightstand. "I can't believe you're reading this garbage."

"It's not garbage, Kat. It's a beautiful story."

She looks up from the page. "No, it's not. What's so great about the way Christian Grey treated Anastasia Steele? He treated her like shit and dominated her. He hurt her and it all comes down to a trauma that happened when he was a kid. It seems like you're into guys that act similarly. For example Austin."

Narrowing my eyes at her I say. "I don't want to hear that fucken name again."

A smile spreads across her face. "Good, now you're angry. That's a better emotion than the one you were going through for three months."

Grabbing my clothes out of the closet I walk into the bathroom to get ready.

If she's not going to leave my room I thought getting changed elsewhere would be a great idea.

Once I'm changed I exit the bathroom and grab my bag from beside the bed. "Are you ready to go?"

"Sure," Kat stands up and she follows me out of my room.

When we get downstairs I see Mom sitting on the lounge. Her face is pale and there are purple marks under her eyes.

She hasn't been getting enough sleep.

Running over to her I hug her. "Mom,"

She holds onto me tight and kisses the top of my head. "I've been worried about you, Eliza. Please, tell me that you're going to take better care of yourself?"

"I will, Momma. I promise." Placing my hand on her face I say. "Please, get some rest and I'll see you when I get back from the hospital."

She looks between Kat and me. "Why are taking her to the hospital, Kat?"

"Eliza doesn't look too well. Her face is pale, she's lost some weight and she's throwing up. I think I know what's going on with her, but I'd like it to be confirmed." She mouths a word to Mom and that brings a smile to her face.

Mom kisses my cheek. "Go with your sister and I'll see you when you get back." She stands up and holds onto the lounge as she walks out of the room.

Kat is watching the area that Mom just walked out of. She doesn't look at me until I say. "What did you say to Mom?"

She shakes her head before looking at me. "Nothing,"

"ah, huh. You know I don't believe you, Katrina."

She laughs. "There you go using my full name. You only say that when you're pretending to be mad at me." She sticks her tongue out at me before hurrying to the door.

She's acting like a child.

Before I walk out the front door I see Dad sitting on the porch with the neighbour. They both have big mugs on the table talking.

Dad looks up when he sees me. "Thank god you're sister for you out of your room. Is she taking you out?"

"Yeah, she is."

A smile spreads across his face. "We did a good thing by calling her. She was the only person I could think of that would be able to get you out of your room. Have a good day."

"Aren't you going to ask me where I'm going?"

Dad shakes his head. "You can tell me all about it when you get home." He moves over to me and wraps his arms around me. "I love you, Eliza."

"Love you too, Dad."

Kat beeps the horn and sticks her head out of the car window and yells. "Hurry up, Liz. We don't want to waste the day."

"Bye, Dad. Mr Darwin." I wave at them as I step down the porch and head towards the car.

Climbing into the car I put my seatbelt on and turn towards my older sister. "Why are you so impatient for?"

"Nothing,"

Why is she acting like she knows something that I don't?

Kat pulls the car out of the driveway and we head towards the nearest hospital which is Hope public Hospital.

At the hospital Kat parks, the car and she grabs my hand as we walk across the parking lot. "Eliza, what do you have planned for the future?"

Shrugging I say. "I have no idea. Right now I'm not in the right mind frame to make any decisions. Why are you asking?"

"I was thinking you should come and stay with Sebastian, the kids and me. What do you say?"

"I'll talk to Mom and Dad first and then I'll let you know."

"Mom is going to tell you to stay with me. Also, while you're in..."

I cut her off. "Kat, enough about the damn, city. I told you I don't know what I'm going to do. Please just leave it alone."

She holds her hands up. "I'm sorry for..."

"Don't worry about it."

She crosses her arms and narrows her eyes at me. "Why do you keep cutting me off? It's starting to annoy me."

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back soon." I walk away from my sister and look for the nearest restroom. When I find it I walk through the door. Kneeling over the toilet I throw up.

It doesn't take long before someone enters the bathroom talking to another woman and I overhear their conversation. "Anyway, Jackson dropped me off at home and then we kissed at the door. Not long after that, we made it to my room where he stripped me off and we fucked. The asshole forgot to wrap up and that's why I'm here now. To get the morning-after pill."

Flushing the toilet I walk out of the stall. I wash my hands and wet face as I'm feeling a little hot. "Hi, " I sat politely to the woman.

"Are you okay?" One of them asks with concern.

"I'm fine, " Walking out of the restroom I make my way back to the waiting room where my sister is waiting for me. The room starts to spin and then I collapse.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro