Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dad pulls me into his arms and says. "So, you're pregnant?" He kisses the top of my head. "We'll get through this together. You're mother and I will be here every step of the way. I can't wait to have another Grandchild."

A tear falls down my face. "Dad, I'm not going to raise my child in this small town. I'm moving to the City with Kat. She's giving me a place to stay until I find my own. When I find a place I want Mom and you to live with me,"

He wipes my face with his thumb. "I would love to live with you. What are we going to do about the club?"

"Sell it to the family that wants it. They're tripling the offering price. Also, you should add a few more requests for the land."

"What's that?"

"You want pictures of your bar on display in the new shop and a section of it has to be named after you."

He laughs. "I have heaps of pictures of the bar, dating back to when it first opened. In the early 1880s. When my Great something Grandfather opened the bar. There's also a picture of him in a uniform when he joined World War I. Then another one during World War II. The club also has been through a lot of changes. I've been meaning to show you the pictures, but I stored them in the attic a long time ago." Dad looks around the room before saying. "I thought Kat was going to be here. Where is she?"

Mom looks over at Dad and says. "She's running interference with Jasper, Dylan, Nina and Claire. They heard from the neighbours that we were at the hospital."

"Damn it," Dad stands up. "I'll help your sister with them." Kissing my head again he says. "I'll see you tomorrow when you come home. I can't guarantee that your siblings will be gone from the house when you return, but I'll make sure that all their crap is out, so we can start packing up the house before we move. I know Kat and you won't be able to move your stuff right away. Well, give you both a chance to come back and go through your stuff."

"Thanks, Dad. But ill be going through my stuff before I move in with Kat. That way I know what needs to be moved with Mom and you to the house I buy for us." Dad kisses Mom before he hurries out the door.

Ding,

My phone goes off and I grab it from the desk next to the bed.

Kat: Is Dad coming? Our siblings are trying to get to you and I'm afraid that I won't be able to stop the, on my own.

Me: Dad just left the room. I told him about the pregnancy.

Kat: What did he say?

Me: He said we'll get through this together. It means a lot that he's willing to help me out.

Kat: Did you expect anything else from our parents?

Me: Not really. I thought they say I was being irresponsible when it came to not using protection with Austin. I truly believed everything he said to me.

Kat: I know. You know who can tell you everything you need to know about Austin and the plans he had for you.

Me: No, that's not going to happen. I don't want to know what was real and what wasn't between Austin and me. I want to leave that in the past.

Kat: Dad's here now. I'll talk to you tonight, sis. Love you.

Me: Love you more.

Mom takes my phone from me. "was that your sister?"

A smile spreads across my face. "Yup, I think she texted me so she didn't have to talk to our siblings any longer. I bet it's hard for her to be caught in the middle of what's happening between our siblings and me."

"Katrina's going to be on your side forever. You two have the strongest bond out of our kids and she helped you out when you were bullied too. She was the best friend you needed growing up."

Yes, she was. To this day I still need her and she shows up most of the time.

"Mom, can you get me something to eat I'm hungry?"

"sure," mom stands up and she drags her foot along the ground as she walks out of the room.

Going through my phone I look for Austin's Mom's number. When I find it I hold my finger over it, debating whether or not should tell them about the pregnancy. Hitting the button I wait for the call to connect. It takes a couple of rings before Beverley answers.

Beverley: Hello, Wilde residents. This is Beverley.

I start breathing hard through the phone.

Beverley: I can hear you through the phone.

Me: Ah, Beverley.

Beverley: Eliza, is that you?

Me: Yes, it is.

Beverley: How are you, sweetheart?

Me: I'm in the hospital.

Beverley: Are you okay? Do you want me to come there?

Me: I calling you because I have some news you should know about.

Beverley: Can I say somethings first?

Me: Sure,

Beverley: I'm sorry for what my son did to you. After he left our house we disowned and told him not to contact us until he's sorted things out with you.

That's not going to happen. I'll never be ready to hear his apology for what he did. I deserve better and it's taken me this long to realize that.

Me: I'm never going to work things out with Austin. I want you to know that I'm pregnant.

Beverley screams and then she calls her husband over. She tells him the news and they both are happy.

Me: ill be moving to the city in a couple of days. Once I get settled I'll send you a message with the address. I want you to be part of your Grandchild's life.

Beverley: We'd love to be part of the child's life. At least with your child, we know it's our Grandchild. With Austin's girl, we can't be too sure.

Me: I have to go. I'll stop by before I leave.

I hang up the phone just as Mom walks into the room and she has a frown on her face. "who was that?" she asks.

I'm not going to lie to her.

Holding my hand out to her I say. " I called Austin's Mom. She had to know she's becoming a Grandma. Just because I hate Austin doesn't mean I can't have his parents be apart of my child's life. It would be cruel not to have them included."

A smile spreads across her face. "I'm glad you're including them, Eliza. After all, the Grandparents need to be part of your child's life, but Austin is the type of person that a child doesn't need. I hope that you'll find someone that loves you and that can take on being a father to your child. You deserve the best of both worlds."

Hugging her I say, "Thanks, mom. This is what I need to hear. Do you think there will be a guy kit their willing to take a child on as there own?"

"Yes, I believe that."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro