5. Soft Spot

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

You were lying in your bed facing out the dull and rainy window. You wanted to forget the part from last night, especially Vanessa, of all people. 

"Y/N! Come here. I have a surprise for you!" Luffy shouted. 

Climbing off your bed, you decided to see what Luffy wanted to surprise you about.

You entered the living room and saw a pillow fort all around the living room, a stack of pillows, blankets, and some snacks. 

"Do you like it?" Luffy asked. 

"Y-You made this?" You stuttered. 

"It was something to make up for yesterday," Luffy replied as he offered your hand to bring you over to sit on the floor with him. "Last night at the party, I didn't know...that those guys were jerks to say such mean things about you. Especially Vanessa when she said those things that aren't true." 

"But you don't know anything about me." You replied. 

"I know you are not a fan of a large crowd with many people at the party. It's fine, but I still had fun." He complimented.

"No. Everyone was looking at me like they saw an elephant wearing a tutu." You replied. 

"I don't see you like that, Y/N. You dance fine with me. It was just about us last night, and I had fun besides Vanessa and that other guy." Said Luffy, wearing a grin on his face. 

You looked over at him hearing how he was complimenting you about yesterday, "You mean it?" He nodded his head, still wearing a grin on his face. 

You sat there feeling this touchy feeling around the young boy he was giving you. Luffy was going to do whatever it took to make you feel happy, and since he doesn't know much about your world, it was much easier for you two to get to know each other.

"Luffy, what's your world like?" You asked.

"My world is adventurous, dangerous, and still fun to do. I'm a pirate, and I want to sail across the Grand line to find the world's greatest treasure...the One Piece!" He beamed.

"What's the One Piece?" You asked.

"No one knows what it is. However, Gol D. Roger, the pirate king, had found it, and many have tried to find it since he completed his journey for sailing across the Grand Line after he was executed." He explained as he looked up at the ceiling smiling. "My dream is to become the King of Pirates." 

"...That's a big dream. Your world seems fun to be in." You said. 

"What about you?" He asked. 

"Well, I normally go to school at Rosebury College Tech to study sea creatures since I like sea animals so much that I want to study their environment." You said as Luffy listened to your dream job of what you want to do once you finish college.

"That sounds great!" Said Luffy. 

You nodded as you leaned back against the sofa, touching your back. Luffy could see that you also felt a little distressed about something else.

"Is something else wrong?" He asked. 

"Hm?" 

"You look like something else is on your mind." He said.

You inhaled. 

"I...I had a lot on my mind about someone else that I had been hoping they would get well soon. My mom is in the hospital and she's very sick, and I need to earn a lot of money to get her treated due to her being on cancer." You explained, as the look in his eyes were sadden. 

"I'm sorry." Said Luffy. 

"It's not your fault. Besides I need to earn a lot of money if I am going to pay for her hospital bill and for the surgery." You look into his eyes and could tell that Luffy was in deep thought about something. 

He lowered his eyes foreshadowing them with his bangs as he said, "I wish I could do to help." You wished that there was a way to fix all of this, but there wasn't anything you could do. 

"I'm gonna heat up some nachos. Want some?" You asked. 

"Yeah, sure." 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro