6. Get A Job!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Around the following day, you woke up to make something to eat, you looked over by the couch to see that Luffy wasn't there, but the blankets and pillows remained in the same position. 

"Luffy?" You called out as you looked around the apartment for him; he was nowhere in sight. 

You grew worried that something may have happened because Luffy didn't know much about the big city or where to go. So, you decided to head out and look for him while hoping he was still around. You drove around in your pajamas, leading to the park, restaurants, stores, and almost any place you could think of with no sign of him. 

Soon you parked your car at a nearby parking spot lowering your head, "Maybe he's not here anymore, and went back to his world." Soon you heard a familiar voice singing a song as you lowered the window and peeked your head out. 

Luffy was walking around the city, singing in a bright mood as you hopped out of your car, pacing behind and smacking him from behind his head. 

"OWWW! What the--Y/N!" His mood changed as he saw you when his smile widened.

"IDIOT! What are you doing out here?!" You demanded. 

"I wandered around the city looking for a place to earn money." Said Luffy. 

"What? Why? You don't need to do that when you--"

"I can, and I will." He protested. 

"But Luffy-" 

"I want to help you earn as much money as possible to help with your mother's treatment because she means too much to you. Y/N, let me help you out because handling this alone is a long process." Said Luffy as he stared down into your eyes. You felt grateful that someone like him wanted to help you and pay for your mother's treatment. 

"Are you sure?" You asked. 

"Give me seven months to earn and get a raise." He replied. 

"So you did find a place to work at. I'm quite surprised." You said, mumbling the last part, and agreed that this might be good. "Okay. Let's do it!"

"Alright!" 

"By the way, where did you find a workplace?" You asked. 

"Daycare." 

"Are you even good with kids?" You asked. 

"I'll do my best. They can't be hard to deal with, but it's worth a shot." Said Luffy. 

As Luffy made his promise to get a job as a daycare attendant, you worked your schedule out just fine, and it seemed to be an excellent opportunity for this to work out just fine. The kids all adore Luffy due to his power ability because he can stretch, and you warned him not to over do it in front of the other staff that might flip. He didn't understand why, but then again, this world is not like his own. 

This week was the final exam week, and since things have been working out just fine that Luffy had earned quite a lot of money to help combined it with yours around the spring. 

"All set." You said. 

"Okay. So, this should cover every last dime to cover the treatment?" Luffy asked. 

"Yep! This is my final week in class this semester and it'll be time for me to graduate!" You beamed. 

"That's great! I better get going and good luck on your test." Said Luffy. 

"Thanks, I'll need it!" You chimed. 

Luffy waved at you watching you leave while he turned his heal to get to work with the day care attendants. 

Meanwhile, you made it in time to take your exam and you were a bit nervous yet confident. You've studied hard for each class to get passed them with out any issue. After you sat through the period for two hours, it was lunch and you sat alone while looking through your social media page. 

It wasn't until Giselle came over to you and sat at the table. 

"Hey Y/N." She greeted. 

"Hey, how are you today?" You asked. 

"Good." She paused. "Hey, did you realize what happened to Dylan at the party?" She asked. 

"What do you mean?" You asked. 

"You don't know? Seven months ago, Dylan and Vanessa got into a fight at the party, and the rumor is spreading about it. Not only that since after the party Dylan and his friends are planning something." Said Giselle, lowering her voice to keep the conversation between the two of you.

"What plan?" You asked. 

"They are planning to change the test scores for this last semester and blame it on someone else." She said, as you felt your muscles tensed up to hear this huge news. 

"Why would he do that?" You asked. 

"To get back at Vanessa and blame it on her, obviously." Said Giselle. 

"Well, that was her problem anyway. Besides, what were they arguing about anyway?" You asked. 

"One of Dylan's friends caught her hanging around with a certain straw hat boy that was at the party that she was seducing around with to get into his pants." She replied. 

Your eyes widen, 'Luffy!? ' You thought. 

"Hey, are you okay? Your kind of spaced out." She said. 

"Y-Yeah, uh...I just need to get some fresh air. That's all." You stood up after tossing away your lunch after losing such a bad appetite that Giselle shared the news about what was going on. 

Luffy was the target that Dylan is planning to sabotage after the party 7 months ago. However, it wouldn't be a problem if Luffy was to get into trouble. He wasn't even a college student to enroll on the same campus as you did. 

You walked out of the cafeteria to head out and when you opened the door the first person you see face to face was Dylan. 

"Whoa, slow down princess." Said Dylan. 

"S-Sorry...uh...excuse me!" You went around him in such a hurry to get away from him before he starts pestering you. 

Dylan is going to find out sooner or later that you have a connection with Luffy at the party. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro