Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The weight of the soldier leaning against me almost pushed me from my saddle, "nearly there," I said and gave his knee a gentle pat. I could see the gates and the flags, we were all exhausted but none the less we kept going we couldn't rest until the young soldier was taken care of.  We rode to the healers wing and left him with them before riding up to the palace again, Theodon waited for me. 

"I was starting to get worried when you didn't return with us," he said and held my horses reins as I dismounted. He looked me over, "are you hurt?" I shook my head. 

"Not my blood," I said.  

"Dagabrand looks good too," he said gently stroking a hand down her neck. We soon heard the cries of Eomer he came rushing to me too and wrapped his strong arms around me. 

"You made it back!" 

"I always do," I said. 

"I know," he replied and let go, together we walked to the grounds helping them bring the rest of the injured in. The Gondor soldier was well cared for and while Eomer tended to everyone else I wandered to the back and sat down next to him. 

"How's he doing?" I asked. 

"He'll be okay," she replied. 

"Good," I went to leave but he gently grabbed my hand. 

"Please stay," he whispered. I sighed and looked at Eomer who started walking toward us, he stood next to me. 

"You brought a soldier from Gondor back here?" he whispered, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back outside. "You know better!" 

"Keep your voice down!" I warned. "I don't want anyone to know." 

"As soon as he's well he goes back, you can't use your status to defend him," Eomer ordered. 

"Fine, but you keep it a secret do not tell anyone that he is here," I replied. 

"Your secret is safe with me," he said and walked away leaving me alone. I returned to his side and sat down in the chair breathing in the incense that burnt inside the room. It was dimly lit with candles and the whimpers of the injured rung around the room. He gently reached for my hand again. 

"You came back," he said, I gave his hand a gentle squeeze. 

"Of course, I wasn't going to leave you on the battlefield and I am not going to leave you now," I said, I lean't back in the chair and ran a hand down my face. It wasn't long till he fell asleep too exhausted to fight off sleep, I soon followed suit and my head dropped. I woke to someone gently shaking me. 

"It seemed you needed rest," one of the nurses said. 

"Why do you wake me?" I asked. 

"Theodon has summoned you back," she said. I gently let his hand go and rushed back to the palace. 

"What do you need?" I replied kneeling before him, he chuckled along with Eomer and helped me off the floor. 

"How many times have I told you that you needn't treat me so formally," he paused, "you have been summoned to Gondor by Gandalf, he requires your assistance." 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro