Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Arthur and I took it easy the next few days. He took care of the shards, locking them in the safe in the basement while I rested at home. I heard his truck pull up outside. I hauled myself out of the bed and walked out to my balcony.

"You're up late!" He called.

"I've needed rest," I said.

"I'll be right up," he smiled, I walked back in and walked into the shower. "Ava," he called as he came up stairs.

"Shower," I replied. I heard him walk into my room and sat down on my bed. I got out and wrapped my mermaid towel around my body and walked out.

"How's the ocean dwellers?" I asked gathering my clothes out of the drawers.

"Still up in arms, but told them to leave me out of it so I can spend some time with you," he said getting up and walking over to me.

"You know what you can do," I said.

"Oh what is that?" He asked.

"Go and make me coffee," I said standing on my tip toes to kiss him.

"Fine," he whined and walked down the stairs. "What mug?"

"Dolphin one please," I replied.

"As you wish," he said. I got changed into my shorts, tank top and skipped down the stairs to the kitchen. I sat on the breakfast bar watching him. "What's up? He turned to me and rested his hands on either side of my face.

"Just can't believe I was in Atlantis but I didn't get to see it," I pouted.

"I promise you Ava, one day I will take you there," he said.

"I hope so," I replied as he turned back to make my coffee, and turned back to hand it to me. "Thank you," I wrapped my fingers around the mug and sipped it.

"Do you approve?" He asked.

"Yes," I nodded. I hopped off the breakfast and walked into my garden looking out across the sea.

"Have you been tracking the dolphins recently?" He asked.

"No," I shook my head, "but I'm sure they'll be okay."

"You're probably right," he said pulling me into his side. "I'm glad I got to you when I did, I don't know what I would do with out you," and kissed my head.

"Me neither, even if I was a cold cow to you at first," I said.

"Yes, you were a challenge," he said and squeezed me. "But you were worth the fight."

"I should hope so after everything we've been through," I said looking up at him.

"I would never change anything," he said.

"Me neither," I replied. "But I do worry this war between your people and mine will tear us apart Arthur."

"Ava, I would not let that happen. Orm is just power hungry he wants to rule over everything, he doesn't care what gets in the way. He is very happy to obliterate anything in sight," he explained.

"But what if you can't stop him?" I quizzed him.

"Ava, believe me when I say I won't let that happen," he said, his tone serious and locked his gaze with mine.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro