Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We laid on the grass in the garden, I laid on Arthurs arm as we both basked in the sun. "I've missed this," he said.

"Me too, just me, you, the sun and peace," I said rolling onto my side to look at him. 

"Besides you need to recover after your ordeal," he said and rested his other hand on my cheek.

"Funny thing is Arthur, I don't remember what happened," I told him. 

"Nothing?" he asked looking at me in a shocked manner. 

"Not at all," I shook my head. 

"I'm not sure there's anything I can do to regain your memory," he said. 

"After everything that has happened, Arthur it's probably best I don't," I replied leant forward and gently pecked his lips. 

"Just never leave my side again," he said. 

"I don't plan to," I replied laying on his chest. 

"Good," he wrapped both his arms around me now. "Hey, lets go for a motorcycle ride," he stood up and offered me his hand which I took and he pulled me off the ground. 

"That sounds good to me," I said and kissed him. 

"Go grab your jacket, I'll get the motorcycle ready," he said. I skipped into the house, grabbed my leather jacket with the orca on the back. I walked out on to the drive, Arthur had wheeled his motorcycle out. 

"I still think it would look better with a shark on the tank," I said. 

"I know," he chuckled, helped me onto the back resting my feet on the pegs and wrapped my arms around his stomach, I rested my head on his back taking in his smell. He patted my knee as he started the engine and he pulled out of my drive and onto the road. The gentle, cool breeze danced through our hair and kept us cool from the warm rays of the sun. Where we were headed only Arthur knew. He weaved in and out of traffic, we both chuckled as traffic beeped at us. 

I looked out at the sea as we raced past it, it was hard to think that we went about our day to day lives and everyone was unaware of the under water world, let alone the war that was brewing and could be bought to the surface dwellers. "Are you okay?" he yelled over the engine. 

"Yes," I replied giving him a gentle squeeze. He pulled into a parking bay opposite the beach, and kicked the side stand down and got off. He offered me a hand and helped me off too. 

"Shall we?" he asked. I nodded and we descended down the slope towards an ice cream shop, we ordered two and sat on the wall just before the beach resting our boots on the sand. "Want to dip your toes in?" he nodded towards the sea. 

"No, I'm not going near the water anytime soon," I said. 

"I don't blame you," he said and gently squeezed my shoulders pulling me into his side. "I am here to help you every step of the way." 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro